FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 593>
Author
Bambeana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambeana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 11:29am
Today someone in our training group came to post run coffee with her baby I hadn't met yet and I held him till he fell asleep then burst into tears when my man came and told me I would be a good mama one day. Then I kept trying to stop crying because my shoulders were shaking and I didn't want to wake him up. All this happened in a very public cafe in town.
I have been feeling pretty down, but next week will be going to FA and hopefully that will make me feel more optimistic.
It's crap to have had no AF. I stressed because this morning and really depressed and hate not running as much but after holding that little one I came home and was determined to keep doing what I need to do to get the eggs going.
If there are people in here trying to lose/gain weight or do other things to try help conceive can we post more to help? I am finding it really hard to look after myself at the moment and could use people to be accountable to and talk with.

Sponsored Links

heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 12:03am
I'm always trying to lose weight Bambeana, there a number of girls in this group that are on the same journey. Try www.myfitnesspal.com it helps you log food and exercise to keep weight coming off.

Just a word of hope for you all. I had fertility issues for 10 years and then unexplainedly had three pregnancies in two years of which we had one miscarriage and two sons from. Since then I have had another two miscarriages. It is now 3 years and 7 months since the birth of our second son and trying to add to and complete our family. DH and I are now 40. We are hoping it will happen soon. I know that might seem greedy to some people who have not yet hit the jackpot, but the grief of not being able to conceive or hold a child does not go away simply because you are already blessed. 

This journey is tough, really tough, and each of us have our own internal battle of faith and pain as we progress down our respective paths. While we can empathise it is near impossible to understand where someone else is on the journey at that precise moment. Ladies dig deep and rediscover your faith. It is not about relaxing or taking a break or letting it happen. It's about being proactive as you can manage while still retaining some sanity :-0 I think of it like a duck. On the surface the duck is serenely sailing through the water, no one can see hard it is working its feet to make it happen, only the duck knows. What they do see though is the stunning duck gliding on its journey. That duck is all of us, this forum is the pond we share :-). Paddle hard sweeties for that hard work of being in the fertility system helps us to create and retain the faith that we to one day will be blessed with the arrival of our much wanted children.

Edited by heavenly.talker - 30 November 2014 at 12:06am
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 6:47am
heavenly.talker that was lovely and so so true Heart

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 8:28am
Lurker in
THIS is why I miss you so much HT. You have a stunning way with words and always know the right thing to say. I so hope you get your rainbow soon!
Lurker out

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 12:42pm
I miss you being in here NZVeggie, but I am really glad that you have graduated. I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful long awaited bubba :-) Wahoo.

TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 5:00pm
Aw bambeana hugs hunny its all just so hard sometimes xxx I have a friend who exercised heaps and couldn't get pregnant..she slowed down her training, actually gained a little weight (3kg or so but she was so skinny from over training. .) And saw a naturopath. Took about 6 months for her body to heal and she fell pregnant naturally, now has a gorgeous 18mth old so it can and does happen hun xx but if you are training too much, your body cant focus on what it needs to do to make a baby so slow down. A little fat on your body is a good thing! You need it as a woman to keep your hormones in check. Too much or too little fat is just as bad as each other so you need to find that balance. And trust me, youll see your body completely differently to how you do now once pregnant- its amazing! Xx
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Delphie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delphie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 5:02pm
Charlie I hope the time-lapse thing helps. Our 3 eggs were frozen after being fertilised instead of growing them on, I think because they already knew they were going to delay transfer. So we'll have no idea until mid-Jan whether we'll have any worth transferring.

I'm feeling much better, bloating etc has gone so I could finally fit pants again yesterday lol. It did make me think I could do with getting some more exercise again. I was running regularly for a while but had a cold and then was really busy at work, then starting IVF which made me feel really tired so it's been a couple of months. I'll have to do something over the Christmas/NY break to counter all that festive food!
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 12:52pm
Just got a call- fert plus appointment next Thursday!!! A bit stunned, didnt think id get called this year! Yay finally lets get this ball rolling!
Bambeana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambeana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 1:06pm
Soda: Yah!! It is exciting to be seeing someone soon. Then you can have a plan and it is much better than waiting till after the holidays
Re: Overtraining. Incidentally I have just had a niggle in my achilles so I am forced to slow down now. Usually this would make me stress out but now I am just thinking, whatever I can do to get a BFP I don't mind. I think that is the best place to be in.
I felt considerably cheered up by noon Saturday. Yesterday we looked at sperm donor profiles on coparent.com and that was highly entertaining. One person said "I want to be a sperm donor, I have very strong sperm" and that was the extent of his profile.

Happy Monday everyone

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 5:03pm
That's awesome Soda! It's such a relief to get that call, huh?

Bambeana, I run 3 times a week and try to walk on a few of the other days... mostly to keep myself sane! I used to run marathons but haven't done so since I started TTC. I think moderation is the key to most things in life. I asked my doc about my weight with regards to TTC as my BMI is on the low end, and she said it was totally fine as long as I was eating well, exercising moderately and ovulating regularly. So moderation it is for me :-)

HT, so nice to have your love words blessing this forum again! I ditto what NZVeg said - you were such inspiration to me with all your words of encouragement. I sure hope that you are utilizing that talent in life ;-)

BC, how are you getting on? Any more lining scans this week?

Not much new here. I got a script for provera to stop the spotting I've had for 50/70 days! hopefully that works
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 5:15pm
Yay soda you'll be stoked. Pretty short notice though huh.

Agirl hope that spotting stops soon hun.

Bambeana - glad you got a giggle out of the profiles you were looking at.

Lining scan today was better so all go for Monday next week. Start a trillion pills on Wednesday and messaries ugh. So that's where we are at. Can't wait for it to be over!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 12:42pm
yay bc! everything crossed for a Christmas surprise for you xxx

Mikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 12:46pm
First time posting to this thread. But think its time to join this. I have one child, and we have been ttc for just over a year now. It happened so easily with our first, but this time we are older (I am 38 and hubby is 44) and it just doesn't seem to be happening. We have both had some tests done and everything is normal, so no idea why. I did have a chemical pregnancy back in March this year, and we did stop for 2 months while work was hectic for both of us, so technically speaking we haven't tried non stop for 12 months, but its close enough. I know I ovulate as I take ovulation tests every month and have had that confirmed by blood test as well, we bd at the right times too, so just unlucky. The only weird thing is that my cycles have always been 28 days, never early and never late, but since we started ttc they have been out, and I get it between 26 and 28 days, one month I thought I must be pregnant because it was 33 days, but I wasn't. My doctor told me stress does not cause your period to change and be early or late, the only thing that can change this is if you ovulate earlier than usually or later. Anyway I am CD2 today, and we are off on holiday in 8 days, so am hoping that the holiday is what we need and maybe it will happen then.
Bambeana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambeana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 12:59pm
Hi Mikki!!
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 9:38pm
welcome Mikki! hope its just a matter of time for you and 2015 will be just awesome for you Smile
..am starting to wonder if im 1dpo now... had a temp rise this morning, enough to be in my post-ov range, and now all my signs are definitely post-ov-ish, weirdly i had spotting today though.. which i never have but its the 2nd time this cycle ive spotted so its all very odd. but pre-supposed-ov i didnt exactly have many fertile signs, its justnow my body is really acting post-ov.. stupid weird body! ahh well anyway if i have ovd, we BD'd in perfect timing, so may still be in with a chance..though a cd25 ov im pretty doubtful its worth much.. tomorrows temp will tell all i guess!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 6:51am
Welcome mikki. Sorry to hear it's taking longer this time. Chemical pregnancy although dumb is a good sign as your body knows what to do.

Started the full on part of Colorado protocol for the transfer this morning. Aren't the pessaries delightful lol. Taking no less than 5 pills in the morning too. Tis all good though and hopefully worth it.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 8:25am
Soda - hopefully you're in with a chance - doesn't matter what CD you ov on, as late ov just means your body stuffed around for a while before sorting itself. I pretty much always have late ovs when I do ov, and I myself was a day21 baby :)

Hope everything goes well BC!

Welcome Mikki - doc is right in stress not effecting luteal phase (from ov to AF), but it does effect ov, and a later or earlier ov will result in a later or earlier AF. All one can ever do is try to relax as much as humanly possible.

*waves* to everyone!

AFM, I'm just still plodding along until my IVF funding comes up next year - just doing everything I can to get healthier and happier :) Joined the local gym last week after having gone casually for a few weeks to make sure I go 3 times each week! Endocrinologist consult basically said with my inherited hormones I need to exercise for 1 hr every day, and aim for a BMI of 22 (which is probably a stretch for my body-type, but a BMI of 23/24 is do-able to still be not-to-skinny). Have to lose a lot - but have now dropped below BMI of 29 and am determined to lose another point by end of Jan at latest (was aiming before Christmas, but doesn't look like my weight is shifting very fast).
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Bambeana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambeana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 9:08am
Mushroom, an hour each day is doable! You can do it. I hope you have people around that you can meet with to make it easier.
Training for a specific event can be fun. Like entering a women's tri or duathlon or Round The Bays.

Do you track using any apps? Or maybe getting a Fitbit could be good.

Can I create a new shortcut name thingy? MBD = My Baby Daddy.

So MBD got me some candles this week because we were talking about how I need to relax more and have a daily "special time" with candles to send positive thoughts to my ovaries. I haven't used them yet but today I am sitting at work thinking positive thoughts towards mine and everyone else's here!

In yoga we call it sendings ohms. "Ohhmmmmmmmm"

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 9:21am
Hi ladies!

It's been ages since I posted but have been lurking and reading as often as I can. November was a very busy month for us! And now on to an even busier December!

I need to have a good read back, so sorry for the lack of personal responses for now. But NZVeg I am so so super happy your bubba is doing so well!

AFM - I went and saw my GP a couple of weeks ago and she was all for putting a referral forward for me to the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic and I got a call from the NRFS yesterday to say they have the referral for me for public services and explained that where I get "put" is at random so could easily be back at FA. I explained to her that the referral should have been for the clinic and she had to look into something and is getting back to me. Said sometimes the referrals aren't clear enough! Man!
I've kinda taken this cycle a little more relaxed though - no OPK's this time, no clomid, no real timed Bd'ing except once when I felt some OV pinching - CD27 today and this morning I got this (don't ask why I thought to test, just woke up and it was there in my head to test!)…

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=344405

I'm really not at all sure on DPO, I thought possibly 9 only but maybe later by the looks of this and comparing to past ones.
Trying to remain overly positive and not think too much about this being numero 11! But boy it's hard! But I am super stoked that I seem to have OV'd at a good time, all by myself :)

Lots of love and hugs to everyone
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 9:37am
Congrats Storm! I REALLY hope that this time is THE one :)

Bambeana - thanks for the encouragement - I'm trying to go while DS is at kindy. Challenging on days when he is home though, as I have been working in the evenings so tend to get dinner ready, then go out after that. Longer daylight hours and summer holidays though means I should have more time in the next few months, so here's to good habits forming! 
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 593>