FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282283284285286 593>
Author
Amie174328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amie174328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 7:23pm
Exciting Lulue and Merrily! Wishing you both lots and lots of luck xxx

If this IUI round doesn't work for us we'll try maybe two more and then private IVF in June/July. What do you think about booking time off work for any of the IVF cycle? I'm just wondering if I should book some leave in soon just in case. Also, anything else you did or are doing to prepare heath wise? I'm thinking I need to give my diet a shake up! I'm in the healthy range for BMI but I eat way too much sugar. I've cut the coffee, tea and alcohol though completely now.

Heard from a lady at work today that her and her husband have just adopted a baby boy. He was born prematurely so is still in hospital but they'll hopefully be taking him home soon. It's so nice and exciting to see that there is more than one way to become a mum.
Sponsored Links

AnnaShev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnnaShev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 9:17pm
Hi to everyone
Good luck Lulue and Merrily, also anyone else with things coming up.

Rang Otago again yesterday as still haven't had any confirmation or anything from them, and the receptionist i was talking to was really helpful and told me the wait was 4 months and my referral was seen by them on 10th March so would be seen sometime june or july. She also asked if I was happy to have medical students involved in my care, which I'm fine with and suddenly she was asking if tuesdays at 9am or thursdays at 130pm suited me. Felt kinda weird afterwards, like allowing students put me higher on the list or something, although it may just have been co-incidence.     
Lulue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lulue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 9:18pm
Thanks ladies!
Good luck for this round Amie, hoping you don't need to go down the IVF path. In terms of time off work I personally would say (given how I'm feeling now 6 days in) if you are in a position too I would definitely take some time off, I was feeling ok for the first few days but since starting the morning injections I'm really not feeling too good, extremely tired, headaches and pretty uncomfortable. I wish I could just stay at home and hide until retrieval. In saying that though everyone is different but maybe if you book time off now you have the option? because of my PCOS my doctor put me on Metformin before we started this cycle and to take right through, apart from that I didn't really change anything but have always been pretty healthy don't drink and don't have much coffee at all I would say I eat a bit too much sugar though but feeling like I do now I don't feel like much anyway. Does anyone know much about acupuncture and how much it helps during IVF? My doctor said its only proven to be of any assistance the day of transfer?
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 8:05am
Thanks for the good wishes folks :-)
Amie - at FA they told us no smoking, drinking, or caffeine, so the only change for me is no coffee... I had cut down a lot, but I'm going to try for none between now and the IVF. Also to just try and eat healthily. (not sugar, processed foods etc). They also said regular exercise is good.

Lulue - Sorry you arent feeling too good! I am debating what to do about time off... I need to talk to my boss today about it - I think I have heard that most people find they are pretty uncomfortable the day after egg recovery also.

Regarding Acupuncture, my doctor also said it has been proven to be of some benefit, and that most people do it around embryo transfer. I'm not sure whether to go to the effort of organising one in Hamilton or not.

Good luck all!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 8:56am
From experience I'd take 1-2 days after egg collection off work. I was pretty sore after some people find they're fine. I found leading up to ec I was ok though just a bit plump in the ovaries.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 10:58am
That's interesting about the scans being done by Natalia. I have actually just transferred from Natalia to FA (personality conflict, basically). I wonder why they didn't say that she could do them....that would be so much easier than going to Hamilton!
I have found out that Stratford MedLab can do the blood tests. I have only just started working in Stratford (2 weeks ago!) so didn't even realise there was one here! I just asked at the chemist yesterday when I went to fill my prescription.

Good luck to everyone
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 4:57pm
Charlie6 - you still lurking? Did you have your scan/ test today? Still on track for transfer Wed?
Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 5:48pm
thanks for the advice babycrazy. I'll mentally plan a couple of days off after ec then :-)

Had the big conversation with my boss today... he was totally relaxed about time off etc and says that obviously personal stuff comes before work, so that was awesome :-)
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 7:26pm
I've always gone back to work the day after egg collection, except once I had lots of pain and needed a day at home... I usually just take it easy, and the ladies at work are very supportive and understanding... I have been doing weekly accupuncture for the past year and a bit, I enjoy it and feel it has improved our embryo quality... Still here Sweet I'm still here reading everyone's posts... Got all confused and did bloods yesterday, had a scan last week. Start the steroids, antibiotics and horrid pessaries tomorrow... Transfer Wednesday but don't know what time yet, they have said they'll confirm Monday... You still all as planned?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 7:58pm
Awesome that your boss is understanding - amazing how just that aspect alleviates stress. First ivf I got 26 eggs collected so was rather sore after due to that. The second was 11, still sore but I also got a tummy upset which I wouldn't recommend lol. It'll be hard to know what time you'll need until you actually get it done.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 8:58am
Still on track here too Chatlie. Had scan and test yesterday - lining was 7.9 which I thought was a little low for me but obviously the clinic are happy. Start the messy pessies today (ick). Like you transfer on Wed but not sure when yet.
Amie174328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie174328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 4:33pm
Thanks Lulue and Merrily for the advice. Merrily, that's great your boss is so understanding. DH told his work and they were the same and it took so much pressure off him for this round of IUI. I will probably have to tell work at some stage but one of my bosses is a huge gossip so I know she won't be able to keep it to herself. She even got her husband to quiz my husband about when we planned to have kids at a social event last year.

Good luck Charlie and Sweet for transfer this week!

AFM feeling pretty gutted as AF arrived today. My blood test was for Tuesday morning and I was feeling so hopeful about this round and thought with 13 million sperm and two eggs how could we miss. It's only 12 days DPO/IUI so not sure if short luteal phase might be an issue.

HT are you managing to keep sane during your TWW? Wishing you so much luck for a BFP later this week x
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 7:07pm
Hi Amie
Thanks for thinking about me :-)
Hmmmm 12dpo is early, are you sure it is your AF... I had implantion bleeding with my first pregnancy a few days before I was due. Progesterone can help a short luteal phase if it is that, just talk to your doc.

I'm doing okay, I have been feeling hopeful yet at peace. Our odds weren't as strong Amie, we had 560 000 sperm and two confirmed follices, but given the twinges I had and the dodgy nature of my scans I am fairly certain that there could have been three. I'm testing on 29th April as Thursdays (14dpo) is my massive work day in Auckland and there is no way for me to get bloods done then. Ignoring any symptoms that might or might not mean anything, hoping that we can cancel our IVF appointment for Friday 1st May.

Please keep us informed about AF Amie. If bleeding tapers off then definitely test! xx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 8:55am
That's strange Merrily, I know a few people who have been referred for a lipiodol HSG (myself included). My gynae, RE, and radiologist mentioned nothing about risk of blockages.
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 3:11pm
Okay ladies
Here is a little Sunday treat - a happy tears little clip for you to watch.
This couple is having a gender reveal party after a long journey with infertility and IVF.

http://faithtap.com/2953/surprise-triplet-reveal-party/

You are welcome :-)

xx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 8:28am
Aww HT, that is so heartwarming! What a deserving couple.

Amie - sorry to hear AF has arrived

Fxd Sweet and Charlie for your transfers on Weds - will be thinking of you!

Merrily - exciting IVF is so soon! Good to hear your boss is understanding, one less thing to worry about.

Lulue - how are you getting on with those injections? When is your scan?

AFM, day 20 today. Pretty sure I ov'd yesterday judging by pains in right ovary and EWCM. Got pains in left ovary this morning though so maybe got a second egg coming? Still, not happy it's so late in the month - the last two cycles on clomiphene I have ov'd day 14-15; seems my body has gone back to its old tricks this cycle. I have booked a trip away (without DH) for next month timed to be just after ov... now knowing my luck it might be at exactly the wrong time!

Edited by *Star* - 27 April 2015 at 8:36am
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 1:20pm
Good luck Sweet and Charlie! All the best for the TWW wait too, I've got 2 days to go and that hpt is calling my name!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 4:05pm
Ok - I'm confused with the whole public IVF pre-testing stuff now. Just had another blood test form for hubby to retest all his hormones again plus Karyotyping and CF gene test - I don't understand why this would be standard procedure? We have absolutely no reason to think he might have any issues here. Did everyone else get these tests done with their hubbies?
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 5:48pm
OH Good luck Nik! Do you think you will test beforehand?
Mushroom I'm sorry I can't remember all the tests from when we started I've, feels soo long ago now! If you're unsure about the reasons behind the testing d ring and check with the doctor to put your mind at ease
Good luck tomorrow Sweet, our transfers at 115

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 7:40pm
Thanks for the well wishes team! Transfer is at 11.30 if all goes according to plan so yay for getting a sleep in! Good luck to you too Charlie!

Nik - I'm one of those ridiculous people who start testing from about 3dpo so you holding out this long is amazing to me!

Sorry Mushroom I can't remember what tests hubby had either but those tests dont ring any bells so I don't think he had them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282283284285286 593>