FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306307308 593>
Author
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 3:00pm
Sorry merrily, I don't know about that one, but I have learned to be very wary of Dr Google! X

Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 3:03pm
Swallow the pessary Merrily?
Interesting and kinda grosses me out?!

I have heard of low prog causing miscarriage though but they're onto it with upping your dosage so all should be well.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 3:05pm
Hmmm swallowing it is very new to me! Are they giving you some other progesterone pills to take?
Like BC said, I've heard to same about low progesterone, but not really once the docs have got onto it.

As for me - the fertility tea I got is actually a really nice tasting tea!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 3:08pm
Ha yeah just swallowed first dose and it tastes yuck! Got a bit stuck in my throat, uurgh.

I'm hoping its all good, when inserting pessaries just now i had a tiny (and i mean tiny) bit of brown discharge, had a slight panic attack but on googling it seems kinda normal... REALLY HOPE SO!

Shivers this is a bit stressful!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 3:17pm
Brown discharge is perfectly normal :) 
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 3:21pm
Small update for me - have my IVF plan now! Have to stop pill on the 20th, then start injections a couple of days later, with egg collection likely to be first week of August (all going well). Going to be close, but think we'll have the cycle over for my son's 5th birthday which will be really good! So all go in 3 weeks time....
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 3:26pm
Yay Mushroom! Exciting to be getting started soon

Thanks for reassurances today ladies, its so horrible because we want this baby so much, and everything freaks me out, which is of course not at all helpful!   
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 4:27pm
Yay Mushroom, we still might be cycle buddies yet :-) xxx. So thrilled you are off the bench and into the game 
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
*Beaker* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Beaker* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 6:51pm
Just a quick note! The progesterone pessaries are actually capsules for oral use, that can be used vaginally so very normal to use either way.

Sorry to hear of your BFN HT :(

Merrily, I have had brown spotting too. I had my HCG measured Monday and Today, just waiting on the results. I had red spotting friday night, then brown constant all weekend. Luckily it stopped Monday avo and have had none since. I was so worried but feeling much better about it now. I have my first scan on Monday where I will be 9 weeks. How far along are you now?
After nearly 3 years TTC, surprise BFP expecting #1 February 16!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 7:59pm
Phew Beaker - The thought of Merrily swallowing those was actually really grossing me out lol. I just think about what they get up to via the other method haha!.

I really hope your scan goes well on Monday. Hugs hun.

Exciting Mushroom. You'll be finishing IVF just as I start.

HT how are you hun?

Storm stoked you're enjoying the tea.

AFM - My mummy's staying for a week so that's lovely. Hanging out for hols to start this weekend....I am buggered :)
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 10:22pm
Doing good thanks BC :-). DH and I have talked about our plan from here, our options, our exit strategy, ops post fertility and generally have a good place of understanding and love to sustain and nourish us. Blessed be is the day that brought that man into my life. We are at peace and just cruising along at this particular time. 
No AF yet and I'm to ring the clinic if Friday turns up and it hasn't. 

Yay for Mummy visiting. It is nice to have support. The countdown is firmly established for the holidays so I hope you have a wonderful break BC :-).

Thanks Beaker, I'm sorry to hear of your spotting... I'm sure bubs is really settling in and it is the transfer stage of where the placenta takes over the progesterone production that is most likely causing it. Can't wait to hear how the scan goes. Best wishes :-) xx

TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 10:52am
Merrily hang in there. It's def not a bad thing having brown discharge. It's not an easy ride huh!

Haha BC I think I too was pleased they were actually oral pills for Merrily's sake LOL And that's nice you have your mum coming to stay? Sometimes all we need is our mum to make us feel like everything is going to be ok enjoy your time with her.

Mushroom that's exciting you are almost full steam ahead with IVF

I had a really interesting chat with a lady from baby4you last night, I had emailed them as I had a question about the fertility tea and vitex and she was super helpful with info I didn't even know about! I've always taken Vitex only until OV but alot of what she had to say around taking it through the whole cycle made total sense to me with regards to leveling out progesterone and oestrogen in the luteal phase which "can" hlep with maintaining pregnancies and lengthening that part of the cycle. She had lots more to say which was so interesting.

Anywho - how is everyone else out there?

Amie did you go ahead a book a massage with Pip?
Soda how you doing? did AF show her ugly face?
Charlie how you getting on? Anymore blood tests in the works?
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 11:12am
Hi everyone. I had a scan this morning which showed about 10 follicles of various sizes on each ovary so I think that's good? There was also a massive endometrioma on one so I hope that doesn't complicate things. Waiting now on a call from FA to see what's next. Starting to feel a bit of discomfort, definitely time for elasticated waistbands ;)

HT its so great that your relationship with your hubby has strengthened over this time. I'm always on the look out for silver linings to the struggles that come with being "fertility challenged", and I hold on to the hope that my partner will come out the other side stronger than ever.

Merrily I hope you're not feeling too anxious. From what these ladies have said it sounds like the discharge is nothing out of the ordinary. Hope everyone else is doing well too xx
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 11:14am
Merrily I had some brown discharge just before the 8 week mark- sent me into a total panic, but the nurses at FA said its fine unless it turns to lots of red and cramps. Still worried me though!
I'm 12 weeks today- can't believe it really! After all this time.had a blood test on Tuesday and have the 12 week scan tomorrow morning... I'm so nervous!
Hope you're all well, exciting with all the upcoming ivf... If any of you would like me to send you a copy of the ivf positive visualization cd by Zita West I can... It really helped me to stay calm and positive during the 2 week wait
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 11:36am
That is wonderful news Charlie! I'm so happy for you. And I'd love to take you up on the visualisation offer :)
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 12:21pm
Thanks for all the reassurances folks. Its a stressful journey! Have had no more spotting or anything, phew.

Beaker thanks for the info that the progestorone is oral capsules - haha funnily it made them much easier to swallow! I hope your bleeding stays away, and your scan goes really well Monday :-)

Have a good break BC!
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 12:21pm
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum but been on the TTC roller coaster for a while now!
Got referred from my GP to chch women's to see the gyno all my tests have come back "normal" and I'm now waiting for the call to arrange a ultrasound, the gyno said the results of this take a few months tho? I asked if that comes back normal what's next and he said we would look at IVF.
Just wondering on the public system what the wait times are like?
I'm also booked in to see a naturopath next week to see if that will help while I'm waiting! I'll try anything at this stage!
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 12:57pm
Ive sent you a private message Dolly :)
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 1:32pm
Hi Kristy - welcome! Though sorry you have to join us here.

With your ultrasound I'd expect to get notes on that right away when they do the ultrasound - don't know why it would take any time - they'll either see something or not. That said, the radiologist might be hesitant to confirm as it needs to be checked over by doctor. We paid for my scan, so was right away.
If you have regular periods and blood tests show you to be ovulating, then there isn't a lot that can be done on your end. You do need to get your hubby checked out to make sure there aren't any issues there as well. IVF is only current given solution to male factor, and unexplained. Public funding for IVF is available only when you meet the criteria - if they can find a medical reason you can't conceive you can go on the waiting list after 1 yr trying (assuming both you and hubby have no kids already), but if they can't find any issue then you need to have been trying for 5 years (to 'prove' you are infertile since tests can't prove it). Waiting list (once you get on it) is around 12 mths in Christchurch last thing I knew, though the lists only get longer (Auckland is around 20mths now).
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 2:02pm
Thanks for replying Mushroom
I have had all the blood tests done all showing normal and I'm ovulating with regular cycles , we have been TTC for over a year now but not officially trying but not preventing for over 4years.
Hubby had a sperm test and that all came back normal also.
As far as I'm aware we are already on the public funding system as our GP filled out the paperwork and went through the checklist and we met the criteria. I guess if im wrong assuming that we will find out soon enough.
Wow that's a long waiting list!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306307308 593>