FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 331332333334335 593>
Author
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 10:38am
Good luck for EC A.girl - sounds like you have some good follies!

I say go for the job BC!

Hope your 2ww is going ok HT

Yay for starting injections Storm! I feels good to get the process rolling along!

20 weeks Charlie!!!!! I can't believe it, time has flown by - maybe not for you! and congrats on the wee man xx

Had my first scan yesterday and we have a baby with a heartbeat measuring 5 weeks 6 days! We were so relieved to see the heartbeat. I have the worst morning .... well all day sickness going on at the moment! I feel like I'm on the verge of vomiting all day and the only thing I can stomach is potato chips and wine biscuits lol. 2 food that I would never normally eat but are now the only thing I can eat! Having another scan in a couple of weeks as this was an early scan.

How's everyone else getting on?
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 11:03am
Lol Nik my go to was wine biscuits too. And my pet hate was mixed veges - the consistency was more than I could take blurk.
Yay for the heartbeat!!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 11:07am
Nik that's great you got a heartbeat that early on! That's gotta be a good thing Try sipping on ginger beer throughout the day to help with the vomiting sensation .... Always works a treat for me! And get some sea bands to wear as they are pretty good too
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 11:44am
Lol BC I forgot how good a plain biscuit could taste!! All my fav foods make feel sick when I think of them! I was wondering about the sea band things storm - do you think they work?
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 11:50am
Good news nik! I get that severe hg morning sickness and it sucks! There are some safe drugs out there that help if it gets too bad. All the best. X
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 12:06pm
Nik the sea bands worked great for me! Like everyone it probably differs from person to person, but they aren't too costly so perhaps worth a try?
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
*Beaker* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Beaker* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 12:32pm
storm, the opks will be on their way to you soon, sorry they dropped off my radar for a bit! will get posted asap.
After nearly 3 years TTC, surprise BFP expecting #1 February 16!
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 1:20pm
I tested... if was BFN. Yup, it is early at only 8 days past transfer but my beta is on Thursday (10dpt). I'm okay... another part of the journey and it's not over to it is over. xx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 2:00pm
*hugs* HT - it is very early, so I guess Thursday will tell, but it's never easy seeing that hateful single line :(

a.girl - good luck with egg collection!!

Nik - woot on the heartbeat!! Must be a huge relief! Best wishes for the rest of the 9 months!

Good to be started storm! You'll find the injections make AF disappear fast too. Leave the orgalutran out of the fridge so those injections don't hurt too badly - just need to be under 25deg, so a cool cupboard in the dark is fine :)

AFM, just waiting, waiting for ov - looks like this cycle will be long, which doesn't bode well....
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 2:23pm
HT I too hope it's just too early for an HPT! My fingers are crossed for your BT on Thursday!

Mushroom thanks for that! I have read a bit that the orgalutran can hurt have you used it? did you find it did at all? Or have any after effects? I'm a little worried I'm going to have some side effects from it, and I'll be taking it on Friday morning right before coming to work!

Boooo for the cycle playing around and being long too Mushroom!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 3:41pm
Storm, I was using orgalutran this cycle. I had no problems at all with it. It was a bit more sore than the puregon but fine after a few minutes. Sometimes I found my stomach a bit sensitive the next day but not bad. Good luck!
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 3:42pm
Aw ht, I hope it's just too early or that you have a bung test!
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 4:09pm
Congrats Nik, awesome news! Hope the next scan shows good growth xx
HT hopefully it's just a bit early, the night before our first blood test, I did a sneaky test at home then wished I hadn't as the line was pretty much non existent! So fingers crossed you have the same outcome as me xx
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 4:46pm
Thinking of you HT.

Yay for good scan Nik :)

Hope your cycle using too long mushroom.

Started injections this morning - didn't even get first jab jitters this time.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 6:07pm
Awww hugs HT. Hope it's a falsie.
Storm I used orgalutran and defo recommend leaving it out of the fridge - like Agirl said it stings a bit but not for long.

Hey everyone else - sorry not to be more specific have been blown apart by a friggin head cold.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 6:12pm
Craftea, what injections are you starting today that's to be taken in the morning? just out of curiosity great you didn't get jitters! Are you doing them yourself or DH doing them? My DH is doing mine again, and I think I actually held my breath for a second when he did the first one last night LOL

Thanks a.girl and BC I am defo not looking forward to the morning injections then! But now that I think about it, the other one I used last time (can't remember what it was called) actually stung for a bit afterward too. I have both that and my puregon out of the fridge. The nurse said that would be fine as it's hardly summer so should be ok?
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 6:17pm
Started buserilin, it's morning and night. Will start gonal f in the evenings from Thursday. Heck no, DH is terrified of needles lol also he's away for work half the time so I have to do them.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 7:06pm
Gosh you're brave getting dh to do it Storm. My first round I though yeah I'll let my mates have a go lol then after the first time I did it myself I was like HECK NO. I'd rather be in control of that needle thanks haha.

The only thing I'd be mindful of with leaving the injections out is how warm your house gets with whatever heating you use. Some nights when our fire is ridiculously awesome we're pushing 28 degs in here so probably wouldn't be best for injections. Bit a new concept in winter for us haha as we're used to a crap fire not getting past 18degs, have had to be on the job with leaving perishable food out too.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 7:19pm
I had all my meds in my hall cupboard Storm - only have heating in our lounge/kitchen/dining area, so down the hall stays nice and cool (no direct sunlight). They just sit on the shelves in the fertility clinics until they issue them! Main thing with orgalutran is that you're injecting around twice as much as with the puregon, so inject it a bit more slowly to give it time to disperse. I found some areas were better than others with injections, so a bad injection might just be placing it in an unlucky location, and the next might be lots better! While they're not exactly fun, just keep thinking there is only a few you have to do, and it's over soon enough :)

Oh - BC, I'd def go for the job - not worth putting your life on hold, and there isn't any point planning  about after having a baby as it really depends on what your potential baby is like! Some are really easy, and some not so much, and makes a huge difference to what your plans end up being!!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 9:31pm
Thanks for the advice ladies! I have my meds in the cooler bag (which really, how cool does the bag get lol) and in a pretty empty cupboard in my ensuite. No direct heat or sunlight and we have a pretty good extractor fan which pretty much makes the room cold LOL Mushroom, where would you suggest placing the injection?

BC yeah I couldn't bring myself to do the shots so DH it was haha he's pretty good at it now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 331332333334335 593>