FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 593>
Author
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 10:41am
Mushroom sorry again for your loss. I was allowed to go ahead with fet as soon as hgc was below 5 and my af returned. It took a couple weeks for af to return after my hgc hit 5. The lab called today only one change to plan dr only says I need blood test no scan this time before transfer, good to have a date thou. Only thing is if all goes we'll the date fails on my nieces birthday so that prob blows asking my sister or mum to come down with me out of the water. I could just fly down and back same day but with something so important I would get paranoid about cancelled or delayed flights.
Sponsored Links

Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 10:53am
Great that you know what the plan is now. Do you have a supportive friend who'd be willing to go with you?
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 10:58am
I have great friends but sadly they all have kids and are in Wellington. DH won't be able to get leave, so May just have to do it on my own. Normally wouldn't faze me but as it's our last frostie I am not sure how I will be. I think I will be fine thou.
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 12:27pm
Hmmmm Craftea, I think I will def be looking into it then. My scratch was def recommended by my doc. The agreement does stipulate only Buserelin, Gonal F, Puregon, Ovidril and Utrogestran to a certain amount.. and "additional" drugs used is on pay as you go ??? which confuses me then it doesn't say anything else about drugs not included, and the others are all part of fertility treatment. I did say to the receptionist that no I wasn't paying it cause it should be covered by my fertility cover... and I thought I would've had a statement to pay by now... so who knows, maybe it was an error? I'll look into it anyway, and the charge of the scratch

And speaking of my scratch, we have to take DD with us, as the appointment is after school and can't get cover to look after her... and I don't want her in the room when I'm having the scratch done (at 6 I don't think she needs to see that happen LOL she already knows too much about my IVF haha) but really wanted DH to come in with me.... but just to squeeze his hand if it hurts haha So I'm right there with you on having to do something alone Kiwi

Roubaix I loved Craftea's "WTF appointment" too haha

Thanks Mushroom... my transfer can't come soon enough!!! LOL It's nice to see you back here hopefully you'll be able to go ahead with your FET soon! I think before the year is out, there will be a few of us having transfers..... fingers crossed for a string of prexmas/xmas BFP's!!    
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 12:33pm
That's interesting, we asked a couple of times what wasn't included, I can't remember exactly what they said bug it was mostly just things they'd give you a prescription for, and I understood it to mean that any drugs required to make IVF work was included (as in stims down reg trigger etc) not that it was specific brands/types of the drugs. I'll check my contract tonight!

Ah that's tricky juggling dd, maybe one of the staff could look after her while you're in there...it doesn't take long.

Haha yeah I read the WTF appt term on an American blog and thought it appropriate.

Bomb scare at uni today....just to add some excitement!
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 1:23pm
Oh Craftea I just read that on the herald online! I'm sure I heard on the radio this morning that Otago uni had been evacuated aswell due to a shooter threat???
Cool, will be interested to see what your contract says Craftea. I'm pretty sure we asked about the drugs and she said it was all included now that I think back to when we went in to sign. Wonder if it's just because it all went through super quickly it hadn't been updated or something on their system.
I'm not sure DD will feel comfortable being left LOL she can be quite a shy girl and being at the clinic might be a little daunting for her LOL I should be fine if it's super quick... I'll just have to put my big girl panties on and go in alone maybe have to squeeze a nurses hand if it hurts
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 1:29pm
Yeah I heard that about Dunedin too.

You'll be fine, I squeeze my thumbs and focus on breathing when DH isn't there with me. Haha if only you wore pantiesin there aye 😉
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 7:28pm
Which uni Craftea?
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 8:10pm
Victoria (Wellington)
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 8:33pm
Hey girls - at conference which is full on lol. Just wrapped drugs in towel with ice pack then put in fridge. Hasn't been an issue and what would you know I don't even need them haha. Not to worry.
Lots of chat and I'm buggered but hate to say it I always go alone to my treatments as dh is horrid at hospitals and would stress me more than help so he usually kills time during ec then I normally take myself to transfer. Know that seems weird but works for us. Sucks if you're feeling like you need a familiar face in the room though.

Big hugs - I'm off to rest my brain 😁😝

Edited by babycrazy - 07 October 2015 at 8:37pm
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 10:49am
BC - if you hadn't taken them you would have needed them!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 12:51pm
Lol you are so right roubaix.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 9:34pm
Hi ladies,

BC I thinK i just need someone to squeeze if it hurts hahaha! Hope your conference is going ok, Auckland put on the weather for you yesterday, but not so much today! It's so windy!

Craftea did you get a chance to have a look at your fertility cover contract ?

Super quiet in here today, how is everyone?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 9:47pm
Sorry I forgot, just checked now. It says the same as what you said....I guess I probably didn't ask about the drugs you got cos I've never used them. It doesn't mention a pay as you go amount for the scratching tho, and I definitely got that covered.....we'd been looking at signing up to a trail in the hope of getting that free but the dr said there wasn't much point if we did fert cover cos we could get it under that.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 10:16pm
All good, thanks Craftea I guess they will probably be the same contracts, and like I've said maybe it was just an error as to why the charges were there. The pay as you go was mentioned with the drugs part. Will see what happens after my scratch with the charge for it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 10:27pm
yeah could have been an error. Just don't go to the reception desk after your scratch - then they can't ask you for more $$ lol
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 10:47pm
Haha Craftea, my thoughts exactly! I never go back to reception once I've had a procedure done anyway
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 1:25am
Conference is awesome. Yeah was abit windy yesterday / today (just got home from the gala dinner lol so it's kinda Friday now 😜).
Feel like AF might arrive sooner than expect - exciting!!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 8:37am
Eep BC - very exciting to be starting! Always bizzare being excited for AF - but that's our life isn't it!

Hope they sort of the costings soon Storm - I'd always assumed the cover would cover everything, and that FA would 'win some and lose some' with regards to how much it cost them vs what was paid. Definitely wouldn't be right to be paying for standard drugs on top of things.

Exciting with the upcoming transfer Kiwigirl - sucky hubby etc can't come. Could you try and make it a bit of a 'me' pamper session - get a massage/manicure/facial/something and treat the day as a private retreat for you?

a.girl - how are you doing?

Amy - you doing ok with your AF wait? Thinking of you.

Everyone else - hi!

AFM, after 36 hrs of the worst AF cramps ever (for me), am now bleeding, which is a relief. HCG was down to 130 on Weds, so dropping fast at least. More blood tests next week to see how things go - guess I just wait and see when I'll get back to below the magic 5.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 9:00am
This is a cool photo http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/incredible-story-photo-baby-surrounded-syringes/story?id=34339669

TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 593>