FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 593>
Author
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 3:33pm
Hey ladies, quick pop in as I'm at work - consulting you all as my 'better than Google' advisors... my mum just told me not to book a flight up to Akl to see them in the next few months in case we get pregnant as she reckons it's not safe to fly in the first trimester.  I for one have never heard of this - have you?  The last couple of months, sure, but at the start?? And that would be really inconvenient because between work and personal stuff I fly at least once a month right now, lol.  Oh and there's a huge Air NZ sale on today so we were going to book some flights tonight...

Great news about the embies A.girl!

Welcome Moon.  Sucky about your journey so far but I'm sure you will find good support here - I sure do.

Great idea about the list Mushroom - are you able to set that up?  I have no idea how to insert gifs etc... lol.

Sounds like a good appt Storm, glad you've got a plan to move forward now.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Sponsored Links

JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 4:27pm
BC - have been feeling surprisingly good, have the occasional days where i have zero energy and have stayed in bed with occasionally having a terrible headache, other than that no morning sickness but a strange love of fruit and cucumbers for the last 2 weeks! haha

Star - i have never heard of no flying in the first trimester, that sounds a bit strange to me i know the last trimester is not recommended but the first i don't see what the issue is?!

Glad your appoint went well storm and you have a plan of attack as so to speak

woohoo on the embies a.girl! :)

4 years TTC #1 - October 2015 - BFP

TTC #2 April 2018
JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 4:29pm
oohh and welcome moon, im sorry to hear about the trials of your journey, the girls in here and wonderful and you will definitely have lots of support!
4 years TTC #1 - October 2015 - BFP

TTC #2 April 2018
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 5:27pm
Thanks ladies, esp for all of your encouragement and advice - I'm super thankful for it as it pushed me to not wait, but to call straight away and get it sorted.
BC yip - def feel much better! In contrast to how I felt last weekend I feel great! And with Christmas approaching so quickly, it will be Jan and time to start next FET in no time!

Star I too don't think it's an issue to fly in your first trimester and know lots of friends who have done so - especially if you are only flying domestic as the flight isn't as long.   

I'm not sure on how to add gifs etc either, if you do Mushroom I'd be happy for you to create us a lovely list we could all update it as we go along, and have things to update
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 6:20pm

Coming Up
Updated 2nd December 2015

December
3rd - babycrazy - first scan!
4th - Star - beta blood test!
7th - JMM2B - first scan!
8th - CraftyChic - estimated EC!
Julian - first scan!
14th - Roubaix - week of first scan!
21st - Amie - estimated FET

January
Jan - mushroom, a.girl, storm11 - planned FET cycles
Jan - kiwigirl75, moon*glow - planned IVF cycles

Patiently Waiting and Hoping
Kumeroa
Heavenly.Talker
Kosmolicious
Trying Trying
J_keri

Congrats to our TTC 12+ mth Graduates!
Dolly, Nik26, Beaker, Mrs Impatient, Charlie6, NZVeggie, Aunty Awesome,

Edited by Mushroom - 03 December 2015 at 8:13am
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 6:22pm
Flying will be fine esp domestic Star. I've got friends who've flown from uk and Aussie at all stages of their pregnancies.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 6:32pm
First list attempt. HUGE apologies to whomever I've missed off it, and for where I've put the wrong info in!!
Helpful suggestions and criticism welcome! Everyone should feel free to update it (just quote the post, remove the quote tags at the beginning and end, and update, including the date!). Prob want to avoid having the list appear more than once on a page though, as it might get a bit much - I'm happy to back edit anything in the list I posted to get it right :)
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 6:47pm
List looks real fancy!

It's only been a day and I feel out of touch with what's been happening in here! Hope everyone is doing ok.

I got the worst crick in my neck while sleeping and can now barely lift my arm above chest height! So combined with nausea tiredness achy abdomen and dizziness I'm a right box of fluffies-welcome home DH lol
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 6:48pm
List looks awesome mushroom! Thanks for the advice re: flying JMM2B, bc and Storm
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 7:26pm
Oh - Julian - wasn't sure when your first scan was? Hope everything is going ok for you!

I've also waited to add people to the grad list until after their scan - I know how sucky it is to have to be removed from lists if things don't go to plan, plus I think we all feel we need to see that heartbeat to feel like a graduate on here anyway!
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 7:42pm
Pretty list mushroom!! And good thinking on the grad list. Looking forward to keeping up with everyone now lol.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 8:15pm
Oooh I love the list mushroom! Good work. And super good effort for remembering everyone and where they belong etc I think this is going to be a super helpful list over the busy season
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 9:23pm
Ha thanks for putting me on the list 🙈 You must feel me lurking but yes still waiting. Has anyone else found FA Wellington really crap as of late??! Honestly my first and second cycles with them I thought they were amazing then third I felt really neglected! Now this time we have changed tactics and going the donor route I feel like I'm more a inconvenience then anything. I got told I'd get profiles a fortnight ago I've made a follow up phone call got told I'd get them Tuesday via email and nothing. Arrrrrrgh!! Sorry for dropping in for a good old rant!!
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 9:28pm
Mushroom great list! Quick question the accuracy is arriving(who was I kidding to think maybe it will just happen without IVF) and it means this cycle was 33 days. I tend to be between 26 and 33 days mostly 29-33. Which means next at should be around 3rd jan. would that work with clinic closure dates or is it more likely I start in February? Just trying to plan ahead as much as you can in this crazy IVF world. As always fingers and toes crossed for everyone on this crazy mind f"@k of a journey.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 9:40pm
J_keri - yes, always hoping people are lurking there somewhere :) Did go back around 20 pages when I made this first attempt to try and not forget anyone. Hope you get those profiles sent through soon! Must be very frustrating when they say one thing and you're still waiting....

Kiwigirl - sorry, I have no idea about what the call in times/cutoffs are. I assume you'd need to organise meds in advance, so the clinic would be able to tell you then? I know they have a skeleton crew on over the shutdown period, so they should be able to get in touch even if it's not a good time to start treatment. Might work out ok though, since you'd just be injecting etc to start, so wouldn't take much staff time with egg collection being later once staff return? I'm also wondering about the whole shutdown period, but at least in my case I can just phone in my day 1 and see what happens, since I'm supposed to be doing a natural cycle.

Babycrazy - so hopeful about your scan tomorrow!! I won't be able to get online, so I'll wish you the best now and let you know I'll be thinking of you :)
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 9:49pm
Awww thanks mushroom 😘

Kiwi- I'd say 3rd will be fine as you'll just be injecting now collecting and by the time that starts they'll be on boats again. First cycle I had AF around that date and sweet as.

Jkeri - hmm I do feel welly have slipped a little. I find the nurses I worked with during my earlier treatment still awesome but haven't warmed to newer ones. This time they have seemed super busy - like all cubicles full, waiting room full etc each time I've been there. Gutted your experience has been sh*te this time.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 9:50pm
Kiwigirl Ivf#2 cycle started December 31st I was just instructed to ring and leave a msg with my nurse and as I took the pill for two weeks I did that and they got back to me the first Monday in January so I definitely try and sort it with them so their close down period doesn't hold you back a month.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling it I thought I may just be overreacting as I'm a little over this whole situation but it's just not as good as it waS. Hubbys decided to let our doctor know how I'm feeling as it just adds more crap to a crappy time. Onwards and upwards though fingers crossed I get the profiles this week!! And good luck for your scan tomorrow BC how exciting!!

Edited by J_keri - 02 December 2015 at 9:55pm
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 10:00pm
Mushroom it looks great but could you please take me off the graduates? Sorry to be a pain but I'm only 5 weeks and not feeling super confident about hormone levels so really don't want to tempt fate! (And yes I do realise that's completely irrational but TTC has made me a wee bit superstitious!)
TTC #1 from 2012. Unexplained.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN
IVF2 Oct '15- BFP, 3 frosties. DD born Aug '16

TTC #2
FET1 BFN, FET2 CP, FET3 cancelled
IVF3 Oct '18- FET1 BFN, FET2 BFN
IVF4 May '19- BFP, 1 frosty
Amie174328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie174328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 10:34pm
Love the list Mushroom. And yay for the puppy I've been thinking we need a fur baby!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2015 at 5:27am
When do you have your scan roubaix? Wish we didn't know as much as we do huh....makes enjoying things for what they are difficult.
Jkeri - good idea letting your Dr know your feelings.

Today is going to be a long day...awake at this hour is never a good idea!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 593>