FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 574575576577578 593>
Author
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 9:04am
LiBi that's amazing news. Fingers crossed it was just a slow starter and is getting stuck into its groove now.

Faith, congratulations!
Sponsored Links

Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 4:53pm
Thanks ADN

Just got my second lot of betas and level is 1250 so looks like this one is a keeper!
Scan booked for 11th July
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 5:50pm
Yay congrats Faith. Awesome news.
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
2 Fur babies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Fur babies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 6:01pm
That's great news Faith. Congratulations.
I met with a Midwife yesterday and I THINK I like her. I spoke to her again this morning because I had some light brown discharge lastnight and of course went into panic mode, she said she thinks it was ok as long as there was no pain which there wasnt. I was still worried when i got off the ph so phoned a nurse who was much more understanding and have an appointment with my Dr in the morning and then off for a scan to ease my crazy anxiety that is at a level tht I think only fellow ivfers would understand.
I think I may want to go with an obstetrician rather than a midwife.
Hope everyone is well
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 9:28am
Woohoo Faith! That's great news :)

Furbabies, fingers crossed all is ok. How awesome they are giving you a scan. I don't think we'll ever NOT be anxious over any of this.

AFM, we had our 10 week scan yesterday to check for a twin. There's definitely only one baby (that's right on track, so happy for that). We think there could have been a second baby but if there was it's being reabsorbed. Part of me is a bit sad there's no second baby but mostly I'm just happy there's one that looks good.
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2017 at 2:55pm
Hey girls, i haven't been on for ages but am wrapped to see everyone's good news.

In short my DH and I have been trying for 3 1/2 years and 3 have been with IVF.

We completed 3 cycles of IVF with in total 7 eggs transferred. Apart from our first transfer where we got BFP followed by the horrific 7 week scan to find ourselves looking at a blighted ovum, none of the other eggs took.

So we had our oh god, I'm 41, we are financially drained(didn't qualify for public funding - still grates me)

We decided to try and just move forward without focusing on baby stuff and ultimately just decided it wasnt going to happen for us.

This is hard route but I wanted to let you know things get easier and you try to make small plans/goals to help. For us within a month of last round failing we booked a flight to Vietnam and left with in two weeks.

This was great we were kept busy and learnt to talk to each other about other things than the world of IVf. - We started to realise we were a strong couple and would be fine. Whilst on holiday our house in Wellington sold and as soon as we got back to Nelson we were able to focus on something new.- Finding a house!!

We have been living the last four years in a brilliant one bedroom cottage in the country but it was time to find something for us to focus one!

By sheer luck we found a country villa which wasnt on the market yet! Its a project and we move in Sept. Looking forward to it - working on the house and doing it up.

Naturally as we are now DINKS(double income no kids) couple we were able to up our budget for the house..

So my point life might be different from what you planed but it will still be good,

But wait there's more.. life throws curve balls at you

It is early days (5weeks) but I have never had the pleasure of seeing these lines before so I will take it!

Our plan is not to focus on baby stuff until we get pass the dreaded 8 and 12 week scans. Having said That I said I need to tell this group, as they have been my rock for the last three years. I need them if things go well and if they dont.. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Kiwigirl75 - 24 June 2017 at 3:29pm
TTC since 2013.
1st ivf 4 eggs fertilized. 1 blight ovum (2 eggs transfered) and 2 BFN
2 IVF - 2 fertlised, 2BFN
3 IVF - 1 fertilised BFN
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2017 at 3:57pm
OMG Kiwigirl that is amazing. Have my fingers and toes firmly crossed for you. What a wonderful suprise
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2017 at 4:49pm
Yay Kiwigirl!! Really hoping your scans go super well for you :)

So good to see many happy endings on this thread at the moment!

2 Fur babies - I've had brown spotting with all of my pregnancies. As your midwife said, as long as you don't have horrible pain or cramping it's not something to worry about - brown blood is just old blood being knocked loose as things move around/stretch. I even had a bright red bleed  with this pregnancy and thought it was all over, but there was just a blood vessel that didn't attach quite right and some blood pooled over a few weeks then drained without any problems :) Hope this helps you.

As for me, just waiting until baby is ready to come now - hard to believe he is almost here!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2017 at 5:37pm
Faith, congrats on your news! Your numbers look great and keep taking one day at a time. That is what I did through the first part.

Kiwigirl, WOW the is amazing news! Congrats. I hope it all goes well for you both. Very exciting times! Yay

WOW Mushroom not long to go, that has gone fast.

I'm currently 23weeks and all is fine on my end. Time is going very fast I must say
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 2:16pm
Congratulations Kiwigirl, on everything! What a ride. Let's hope your baby nestles in well :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 10:18am
Thanks ladies :)
Congrats kiwi that's awesome news!!!!

So I rung FA this morning and asked for a 3rd blood test as I can't stop getting anxious!
My only symptoms are a bit more tired and on and off dull cramps
Just passed the 5 week mark and still 2 weeks tomorrow til the scan so think I need this blood test to put my mind at ease!
Even though with the CP my numbers were super low and it was all over by the second bloods so really this time its totally different but I can't help worrying!
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Fur babies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 10:53am
Totally know how you feel faith with being anxious.
I had 3 bloods done and I thought that was just normal for them to send me for 3, perhaps it was because it was my first time.
I am going for a scan shortly, for peace of mind. Am nine weeks today.
My back is so sore, I am finding it hard to sit in my chair at work.
Did FA agree to send you for another lot of bloods?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 11:29am
Yeah I think since my second lot of bloods were over 1000 they don't usually do I 3rd blood test but they said on Thursday if I'm feeling anxious this week to call and they will do a 3rd one so that's what I did!

GL for your scan I'm sure things will be perfect!
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Fur babies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 1:47pm
My first hcg was 196 and 2nd 1300.
Scan went great was measuring at 8w6d and heart beat was 177. I booked my nxt scan for 4 weeks. Feeling much better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 1:51pm
Oh I mean not sure then maybe it's just a clinic preference thing!
Awesome news!
So are you allowed to just keep going back for scans? The way it sounds in the booklet is you get a 7week one then that's it your on your own released to midwife care.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 2:07pm
I feel at a lost not being with fert associates. After et you know right blood test on this day and if it goes well one or two more and then a scan to follow! I guess I just wait until I'm a little further on and see my go? After having a blighted ovum a blood test with a hcg level would be brilliant and prob relax me a bit! Though she does not want to go through all that again! I am five weeks and only symptoms is twinges, pressure down there. So basically like you feel Aunt flow is coming. - Trying not to think about it but it is hard 😆

Post update: spoke to fert associates and the nurse was lovely. Basically we doing a hcg test tomorrow. if we wish to continue early preg care (up to 7-8 week scan) we can do this for $325. Think f my hcg levels and progesterone etc is ok, I will just go see my gp. Nervoous as hell, tummy sore today. Hubby a little freaked as blood tests dont hold good memories for us.. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Kiwigirl75 - 26 June 2017 at 6:18pm
TTC since 2013.
3 IVF - 1 fertilised BFN
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Fur babies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 2:42pm
I had the same symptoms as you hv discribed kiwi girl until about week 7 then the nausea started and seems to hv got way worse over the 3 days.
I hv a Dr tht has told me to call her if I am worried and she will send me for a scan. She is great. And because I had the light brown discharge last wens or Thurs night she sent me for one to get me out of panic mode I booked my 13 week scan today but when I do need to take my referral from my midwife on the day of the appt.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 3:04pm
Thanks 2 fur babies! I caved and rang fert associates. Firstly cause I had to update them that we weren't going to give it a 4th go! And that we had considered surrogate/donor etc and had decided to e d our journey. Then I said oh by the way this has just happened any advice? Prop get a uninterested response but after paying for 3 rounds 6 transfers aka a small fortune, it be nice if they just give me a wee bit of advice. I have heard some people take low level prostrone even if conceived naturally. Just hate to find out later there was something I could of tried. Also wondering if it would help mentally to see a hcg level??
TTC since 2013.
3 IVF - 1 fertilised BFN
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 8:00pm
Faith, I did 3 bloods then had to wait for the scan. They only did one scan with me at 8wk then we were discharged from FA and needed to find a midwife. I thought more scans were needed but no. So do be prepared for that one
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 9:43am
Yay furbabies on a good scan and heartbeat!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 574575576577578 593>