FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 580581582583584 593>
Author
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2017 at 8:25am
Great news Faith except for that pesky placenta. Fingers crossed it moves nicely. Hurrah for your boy :)
Sponsored Links

Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 9:49am
Quick update, we had our 19 week scan. Everything looks good. Our placenta is sitting a little low so we will have another scan at 32 weeks. Hopefully that sorts itself but not too worried. Be good to have another sneak peak at bubba. Was dh birthday so I was got the radiologist to write the gender down on a piece off paper and went went out for dinner and opened it there! He was wrapped to find out we are having a little girl! He would of been happy with anything but was lovely seeing his big smile! Hope everyone else is having a good weekend
TTC since 2013.
1st ivf 4 eggs fertilized. 1 blight ovum (2 eggs transfered) and 2 BFN
2 IVF - 2 fertlised, 2BFN
3 IVF - 1 fertilised BFN
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 7:17pm
Congrats on a girl Kiwi! What a nice way to find out too. Let's hope that placenta does its thing and moves.
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 4:57pm
Hi ladies. Thought I'd let you know we had a baby girl arrive to us on the 29th making us wait 9days but we did arrive. After an emergency c section as she was stuck we got to finally hold her. She has 9lb. Amelia Rose
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 7:45pm
Sweetpea that's fantastic news. Glad she decided to join you in the end! Enjoy enjoy!! Very exciting and welll done!!
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 8:12am
Congratulations Sweetpea! I hope you're all doing ok and your recovery goes well :)
KatieA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 12:27pm
Congratulations sweetpea!!

Just a quick update from me, all is so far going well. Had a great scan result last week with a good strong heartbeat - yay! Feeling great at the moment albeit tired. Crossing my fingers that everything keeps going smoothly.

Hope you are all well.

x
TTC #1
Currently waiting for public funding
2 Fur babies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Fur babies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 6:21pm
Yaye katieA. So good to see all the positive news. 27+4 for us today. Everything is going well except in the mornings I feel really faint around 9.00am for about 20 mins then feel good. Midwife said my iron is a little low so she has mailed me a script for iron pills and vit C.
We r planning for a home birth, and r 30 seconds drive frm the hosp can always change my mind at the last minute.
Time is just flying by for us, how about yous?
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 7:45pm
Amazing news Katie! So happy for you :)

FurBabies - how exciting for a home birth! We are 35+ minutes away from the hospital so it's something I'd just not be willing to consider.

I'm 29 weeks today and am well but getting tired easily now with the warmer weather.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 9:17pm
Katie, fur babies and anydaynow, I am so glad to hear things are progressing well! Afm I am 23 weeks and can feel the little one moving so that's a nice stage to be at as it is reassuring! We are having a ecg soon as baby had irregular heartbeat. Not to worried as next time midwife checked it was fine! So should get to look at her soon and then again at 32 weeks when they check the low lying placenta! Nice getting to have a few more sneak peaks! We live 35 mins away so we will be a hospital birth too which is fine.
TTC since 2013.
3 IVF - 1 fertilised BFN
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 10:14am
Hey a.girl, I don't think messages work on here so want to let you know that I'm thinking of you. <3
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 2:04pm
Hi AnyDayNow. Thanks so much for thinking of me. xx Gosh, I haven't logged on in soooo long and definitely haven't posted in even longer! So it was very lovely to see a message from you.

Congrats to all the great news in here! There's so much!!!! Lots of babies. Yay!!!

I had to take a step back. To be honest, it got a bit hard seeing all the good news and only having bad news on my end. So I didn't want to rain on the parade in here and I felt a bit alone in it, too...

So back in August, we did a donor egg cycle. I LOVED our donor - she was perfect for us and was so reliable. But the cycle was far from what we expected. She was really unwell and we only got about 10 eggs (I know that's "good" but it really isn't for a donor cycle). We ended up with no day 5 blastocyts of those 10 - only 1, poor quality day 6-er. I was DEVASTATED!!! We put so much hope into it and we dragged a good friend through hell with us. It was more distressing than any of my miscarriages :-(

But the month after the failed cycle, I fell pregnant naturally. Normally we'd be cautiously excited, but I knew something wasn't right. I'd been spotting from the day after ovulation and my HPTs weren't very strong even a week after AF was due. Around 6 weeks (we already knew at this stage it wasn't viable due to poor rising HCGs), I had an excruciating pain in my left side and feared it was ectopic. But the ED docs were quick to dismiss my pain and put it down to miscarriage. 2 days later the same pain came back - the worst pain I have ever had. I wanted to die! Again, ED docs were quick to say it was just from my mc and a burst cyst. Fast forward 10 days, after they assumed I miscarried, my Ectopic pregnancy ruptured and I had a massive internal bleed :-( I lost my tube and nearly my life that day. I was SO angry that they didn't follow things up properly and didn't take the pain seriously. It's been 4 weeks, and I've only just recovered from the surgery, the loss of blood and the trauma of it all.

I sometimes wonder if people think I'm making this all up - I mean, seriously, who has 5 miscarriages, 3 failed rounds of IVF with PGD, 1 failed round with donor eggs, and a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. I'm sure the chances of each one of those is like 1/10000... and altogether I think the chances are just as likely as winning the lottery. I wish I was making it up :-( I'm pretty numb. We're thinking about using another, younger egg donor, but our emotional pool is empty at the moment. I'm 38 now and I feel like there is only a sliver of light shining through a crack in a door that is nearly shut. I want to push ahead with things because we only have such a short time left, but I'm not sure when it's best to give up...
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 10:39pm
Oh a.girl, I'm so so sorry. I'm sorry that this place has been hard for you and you've gone through so much in such a short space of time. Both the failed round and the treatment of your ectopic are absolutely sh*t. If it helps, I believe that you've fallen into so many of the small percentages of infertility bullsh*t. From what I can see it does seem to happen that way: either it works easily or it's hard. And when it's hard it's unbelievably hard. Are you going to take a break until the new year to decide your next steps?

I'm not sure if you're aware of reddit. There is a really good subreddit for infertility (reddit.com/r/infertility) and also for those who are childfree due to infertility (reddit.com/r/ifchildfree). I'm not sure if you want to talk more with people in the trenches but they are good places with good advice who deal with the realities of the hell that is infertility.

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 5:38pm
Aw, thanks Anydaynow. You so don't need to be sorry that this forum hasn't been a place for me. You're right though... I really do need to be in an infertility forum. I've watched a few women on here (well, I assume they were women. haha. they could have been creepy sweaty guys from Iowa for all we know!) drop off the radar in the last few years for the same reason... Storm, BC, Heavenly Talker (HT). It's hard though - you spend so much of this journey with some people and you soooo badly want to see them succeed and for them to be there if I did. But that's not how it works, I suppose. It's been great seeing the whirlwind of success in this forum this year though! My goodness, I'm sure there were more successful IVF treatments this year than all the 3 years prior to that.

Anyway... we're not too sure what we're going to do. We're kind of moving down the path with a new egg donor but my heart is just so detached from it all. If we do go ahead with that, it won't be until next year for sure. I definitely need the summer to recover mentally and physically though.

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! It must feel amazing to be over the 30 week mark now :-) I will keep popping in and out to check on the updates of course... all the best, hun. xx

And all the best to everyone else, too! Your success is the hope that keeps me going - I know some of you have been through the trenches too. And seeing all the good news reminds me that this CAN work. xx
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 7:37pm
A.girl, I am so sorry to hear that your journey has had another bad turn. It is so unfair that you have been hit with hurdle after hurdle. I read your journey to my husband and he was blown away by your courage, determination and ability to keep trying. You really are one strong person whether you feel that way or not. Take some time over summer, do something that is non baby related (we went to Vietnam to just have an experience which was just about us as a couple), it didn't totally take our focus away from kids, nothing really does but it did allow us time to realise we would be okay as a couple. Thinking of you A.girl and sending you all our love.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 1:50pm
A.girl and everyone else!

I've been sneaking on here a bit lately (distraction from work and cos I'm curious) so when I saw your story pop up I just had to login to say hi. Hun I'm gutted things are STILL not working out. Seriously! WTF huh? I totally get how you feel too.....like could it get any more worse? Then just when you think not a new low comes along. As someone negotiating this 'not having kids' thing I wish I could say it was an easy path but it sure ain't. The relief initially is great. The weight of not worrying about drinking and injections and the next appointment...blood tests....is fantastic. But then there's also the time when you look to the future and wonder what old age looks like. Sorry I know that sounds so morbid but that's me lately! I do hold hope that some how we will get the babies we so deserve. I've considered the foster / adoption route but timing has been off.....this year has been just about as sh*te as last year when I lost Paige. But I didn't come on here to be all down in the dumps. I just wanted to share that I think of you and everyone often. I miss you girls and I'm super stoked to see so much other success on here. There does come a time where in order to start moving on you have to move away from the forums, hence why I did.
Anywho take care girls. Those still in the trenches - you got this! xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 2:02pm
You're very sweet a.girl. Check out reddit for sure. They're strict on the fluff and keep it to those in the trenches. Sending you big hugs and all the best for the next round. I hope the holidays treat you kindly.

BC, wishing you all the best too. Hopefully the new government will be more progressive with making adoption more available if that's the route you choose to take. Hugs to you too.
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 3:48pm
BC!!! OMG, it's so good to hear from you. Please, if you read this forum again, send me an email. I'd love to get in touch with you (and anyone else... Anydaynow, Storm!). My email is scollin2@hotmail.com. It's a shame they took away the private message function on this site :-( It was so handy.

Thanks so much for your well-wishes. I will keep popping in and out to see how everyone is doing. All the best. xx
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 8:09pm
Just popping in to see how everyone is doing! Hoping everyone's journey is going smoothly and wishing you all the best! Afm- 27 weeks along and so far all good. Starting to actually feel like this is going to happen! House is crazy as we have bathroom Reno done! Fun having to go to outside loo in the middle of the night not!
TTC since 2013.
3 IVF - 1 fertilised BFN
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 9:45pm
AGirl I am so sorry to hear and feel your pain through the ruptured ectopic and misdiagnosis. A very similar story to mine. Sending love. I took about 8 weeks to get back to mostly better after such significant blood loss very scary stuff
BC lovely to hear from you xx
Can’t wait to hear all the new arrivals due soon
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 580581582583584 593>