FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 153>
Author
Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 2:38pm
A.Girl! Hi, i'm doing ok! Yes my son will be 2 next week! And looks like i'll be ovulating around his birthday, so what a present that would be for him and us if all went well this month???

6 months is not long at all for a wait on the list! That's great news to hear!!! Totally beats waiting 12! I have everything crossed it all goes smoothly, but even better, that you conceive before then anyway and that miracle comes along!

Soda how are you going??? Any updates? I haven't read any other threads yet as doing a catch up. But i sure hope you have good news coming??!

Mama thats a lot of MC your MW endured!!!!!!! So nice to have someone like that to speak to! She sounds lovely.

Sponsored Links

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 5:06pm
I'm so sorry about all your losses mama :-( I admire your strength to continue. Did your mw ever have a child of her own. I can't imagine going through that many losses!!! Three has been bad enough.

Thanks for all your lovely words of support. I'm sure the 6 months will fly by! We haven't had too much of a problem conceiving (2 preg happened in our first month of trying!) so there's a good chance we'll have another preg in that time. So either way... we'll be making some headway next year.

Talz, good luck conceiving #2 on your son's birthday! That would be so cool!

6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 6:02pm
Great news agirl!

Mama I'm going to see a counsellor on Monday so looking forward to that, anxiety seems to be my latest emotion to go through!

Currently in Greymouth, my first time 'alone' since we lost George, I was so anxious and scared but I'm actually coping really well!

Had a phonecall from a family/friend yesterday and she's 15wks and having her baby today due to troisomy(?) severe issues :-( so sad for her but I was actually able to help by explaining what happens in hospital etc. And showing that you can get through it! After my best friend losing her boy last year at 18wks due to 'rare' issues, then mine and now this - gah! Surely that's it for sh*tty luck for forever now!
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 6:27pm
ah Sara thats so sad Cry I bet shes glad she has a friend like you for advice and support xxx and good you are looking after yourself and getting some counselling too.
Talz good luck for catching that eggie!

think im out of the race now. spotting has started.. i should be feeling glad that this will be the first 14 day LP i have EVER had since coming off the pill in 2009.. so my eating plan is helping for sure- and ive had nearly no lower back pain this time- usually its chronic and i struggle to function for a couple of days in the lead up to AF.. so cutting the sugar and wheat from my diet has helped with my inflammation issues for sure. but mostly im just gutted that now i really do have to re-do all my FA testing, and get hubby to do his testing, and get on waitlists etc... though looking at the improvements im hoping we dont need them and get our BFP before we get to see them..but still, starting again. again. for another month of TTC... sigh.. this sucks. dont know how you ladies who have been going forever on this journey cope,, for this bub its been 2 years, 7 rounds of clomid, one miscarriage and im so exhausted of  it all, the emotional rollercoaster, the stress, feeling like im letting my precious DD down by not giving her a sibling.. stress with hubby and not just able to be a loved up couple with our little family, this sucks. and seriously, im about ready to throw it all in. sorry im trying to focus on the positives here but im just feeling really really sorry for myself.Cry
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Rin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 7:24pm
Hello ladies. I haven't stopped by in a while, as I felt like I needed to give my brain a break from ALL things babymaking-related for a few days and needed to stop thinking about TTC for a short while as I felt a bit like it was one bad day followed by yet another bad day... But I've missed you ladies and was really hoping to read some good news when I had a quick catch-up over what I've missed, but doesn't look like that's the case    I have no great news to share either. Although I had my progesterone level checked today and it came back all good - showing that I ovulated about a week ago and the corpus luteum is producing progesterone at the right levels to make anything that might be looking for a home nice and comfy. But I don't even want to allow myself to think that might be a possibility this cycle - I feel like I'm heading towards those sort of thoughts taking over my life a bit I'm trying to hard to go with the 'what will be, will be' attitude, but it's a challenge!

I see counselling has been mentioned a couple of times lately and was wondering if any of you Auckland ladies have ever called the Miscarriage Support Akl supportline?? My doctor has mentioned it every time I've been in to see her since the mc, asking if I've called them yet, and she gave me the brochure for the second time last week and strongly recommended that I call them. But I'm just not sure what kind of service they offer...like, what does one say when calling a miscarriage supportline!?! I'm kind of keen, since my doctor is so dead set on me giving them a call, but was wondering if anyone else has been in touch with them before....

Soda, this is for you (and all you others having a down day):
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 7:34pm
aww thanks hun xxx its so true too. glad your progesterone levels were good though- that is promising! think i might need to step back a bit from here for a while and just try to forget about everything for a week until i have to again.. so tired of it all and feel like im focussing on this more than im focussing on the little girl i already am blessed to have.. (maybe its because its all for her Im doing this? I dunno...) but i think i have to reprioritise...while i still can! ill be around though, just not as much for a bit and having more "me time"away from the darned computer! lol
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 7:56pm
Good news about the progesterone, Rin! I saw a counsellor before I went to the states a few weeks ago. It was good - I've seen her a few times before for other things and DH and I saw her before we got married. Though the session didn't help heaps, it's good knowing that she's there if I need her and that she knows my history. I'm pretty sure you get some free counselling, so ask don't be afraid to ask! With regards to the Auck mc support... I've read there stuff but never talked directly to them.

Stink soda :-( I was hoping for some good news from you!

Hugs, Sara. It's so hard being on your own when you feel anxious and vulnerable. It's especially hard when you're left to the thoughts in your own head rather than being distracted by someone else or having someone to share it with. I hope you're counselling goes well on Monday.
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 10:48am
A.girl, I've only had one mc, it was my mw who's had loads. She has two children which I find amazing and I'm in awe that she could go through 4 mc, then have child #1, then endure 10 mcs to finally have child #2! I can't even imagine how you cope with that.

She also mentioned the Auckland support line but I haven't given it a go.

Soda, I'm so sorry. It sounds like taking a bit of time for yourself (and away from the forums, which, while they are a fantastic support and full of wonderful women, they can fuel the obsession a bit) to refocus will be good.

Sara I hope the counselling goes well, let us know if you find it helpful.
mrsw8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 12:02pm
Hi Ladies - I'm new to all this forum business, but it looks like a great place for support, and to know other people are walking in the same shoes as you (as painful as they are ).

DH and I have been TTC for almost two years now. After finally getting a PCOS diagnosis from Fertility Associates, we were lucky enough to fall pregnant on our first round of Clomiphene in May. We had our 12 week scan last week, only to find baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks. It was a missed miscarriage - which is very cruel as your body still thinks it's pregnant and I had all the symptoms to go with it. We are heartbroken. I had a D&C on Monday, and thought the physical healing might start to help the emotional, but it really is a rough road. I've only just started to do some work from home, and am due to go back to the office on Monday, but am still sad, scared, nervous, and as though work is pointless.

I'm sure it will get easier - I'm also going to try some counselling. I've always believed you're only given what you are strong enough to handle in life - sometimes it feels like a fine line!

Has anyone else has any experience TTC after a missed miscarriage with PCOS?

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories - you are all amazingly strong!
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 12:15pm
Hi mrsw8

So sorry for your loss that's really rough finding out so late. The 12 week scan is usually the time after which you start sharing your news. Having your body still giving out pregnancy symptoms makes it harder and confusing. Mine did a similar thing and it just seemed hard to believe.

Counselling sounds like a great idea I hope it helps.
Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 1:35pm
Welcome msrw8, I'm sorry for the reason that you're here but it is a great place to find support. Like you, I had a missed mc at 12 weeks, there was definitely a period where my body still thought it was pregnant and I had the symptoms for a few days throughout the mc which happened naturally, I agree that's cruel!

I hope it goes well for you on Monday, returning to work can be hard (especially staying focussed) but might also offer some distractions? Are your workmates aware of what's happened or do you plan to keep it to yourself? I did a couple of half-days when I first returned to work, which I think helped ease back into it.

I'm fairly new to all this too, but I believe it will get easier. xx

mrsw8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 2:34pm
Thanks for all your support Mama5454148585 and Tulip2, it's incredible to think how many stories there are - this experience has definitely opened my eyes to a whole other side of pregnancy which just isn't talked about.

I managed to hold it together on a couple of work related calls today - I think sometimes the fear of breaking down can take over, but you are actually much stronger than you think. Some people at work do know what's happened and have been fantastic - but for me it is something I want to keep fairly private. This might sound strange but I find sympathy / support from people you aren't as close to can sometimes bring up even more emotion and cause even more upset.

How are you finding things now Mama5454148585 that you've returned to work? Have you given any thought to when you might start TTC again? My mind changes daily from one extreme to the other - wanting to be pregnant again NOW, to never wanting to be pregnant again. I guess it's important to be both physically and emotionally 'ready', but I know my Dr has recommended to wait at least a few cycles. xx

Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 3:33pm
That's so true about sympathy sometimes being harder than just being left alone, particularly at work. I hate it when people make a fuss even if they have good intentions, so I understand where you're coming from. I recommend having one or two close friends or family who you can talk to about it all you want, and be content to let everyone else say sorry and not bring it up again. That's worked for me so far anyway. It's great that you can work from home for a few days before launching back into the workplace full time.

I didn't tell anyone at work, I just said I was off sick. It's getting easier each day and I know that sitting around the house by myself would do me no good, so for me it was the right choice to come back.

I think we're going to wait 1 cycle before ttc, if my first AF seems normal then we'll start again. My Dr also recommended to wait at least 1 cycle and I think it's important for you and your partner to be emotionally ready too, which may take longer.
Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 4:22pm
Mrsw8 Im so sorry you too have had to join, but this is a great place to communicate with like minded woman who have been there or currently where you are too. I too had a mmc discovered at 12wk scan back in feb. Bubs also died 8wks and I had d&c at 13wks. I would have been due aug 19 so coming up soon. Although I dont (think) have PCOS I am ttc since. I have found it quite difficult after conceiving ds and my angel in 2 cycles that im still trying now after 8 cycles. No idea why not and have tried most things. Actually speaking of I just booked my first appointment for acupuncture for Saturday. So hope it'll work this cycle.

Going back to work was hard especially as I wasn't sure who knew and who didn't as hadnt told many as was waiting for 12wk scan. But when I did mention it (my mmc) they already knew so it appears word spreads pretty quickly around the workplace.

I hope you're ok and its ok to grieve. I found the hardest of all is all those plans and dreams you had go out the window.

Hugs to those that need it! Xx

Rin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 6:20pm
Welcome mrsw8 - this is a good place to be at such a horrible time. Really sorry for your loss and that you had to join this secret club that no one wants to be a member of. I too had a missed miscarriage when bubs had died at 8 wks (that seems to be quite the common week for this terrible thing to happen at!), but we found out at a scan at 9 weeks as I had been spotting for a week and then had a D&C the following week. Miscarriage is a massive challenge to have to go through and the heart-wrenching bit is that you have very little control over any of it, so just go with the emotions as they come. And they will come, in waves - I found it so hard that one day I would finally feel I was getting a handle on things and the sun was slowly starting to come out, then the next minute I'd be right down there in the depths of sadness again.

It's quite a long road - 4 months on from my mmc it's still pretty hard and I've settled into quite the routine of going into work well after 9am and leaving again around 4-ish. Hardly employee of the month material but everything has changed so much since the mc and work is really not a priority right now, so make sure you put yourself first for a while. It is quite a surprise to find out so much about this other side of pregnancy, and in such a harsh way, and you're right - no one talks about it and you might be surprised who comes out of the woodwork if they know about your experience with their own personal stories to share. For me, I asked my boss to let the colleagues in my team know what had happened to me, as I didn't want to have to keep up any sort of happy charade that nothing major had happened to me during the week I was off and I needed people to give me a bit of time to start feeling like my normal self again and couldn't expect them to do that if they didn't know what had happened. But the whole journey is a really personal one and you have to do what feels right for you every step of the way. And coming in here to rant about the injustice and downright awfulness of it all can help sometimes too!
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 8:26pm
welcome Mrsw8.. sorry you have to join us here though xxxx I too have PCOS and had a MC at 11 weeks- wasnt a missed MC and had bub naturally 2 days later thankfully, but as far as the MC and pcos goes, I have only just finished my first full cycle post MC (took 8 weeks for my period to return and then ive had that cycle and back to day 1 now) but this cycle i ovulated on my own (on day 22) and had a 13 day LP which is unheard of for me, meaning that conceiving on my own is just maybe possible!  so hopefully the MC will help "reset" your system a bit, you do hear of quite a few people who have issues pre- MC conceiving quite fast after a MC... so hopefully thats the case (for both of us!)
I still have that packet of just 4 clomid pills (darn it i lost one!) but with getting my bloods for FA i better not use them this cycle or itll give false results.. so will try again naturally this cycle and if not will see if the clomid will help bring my ov date back a bit. wish i could try that this month but probably good to give my body the chance to do it on its own again. feeling more positive today, back on the wagon lol.
mrsw8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 2:14pm
Hi Everyone, happy Friday! :) It's so comforting to hear everyone's journeys (as awful and unfair as they all are)and know you don't have to go through this on your own.

Soda - how exciting that your cycles may have kicked back into gear on their own! You do hear of lots of stories of women who have such a hard time falling pregnant, then one day it just happens miraculously. I guess the one thing we all have to hold onto is the hope and joy of a beautiful baby, so hoping and praying this happens for us all soon!

I had a counselling session this morning - and while it was a bit awkward - it was good in the sense the counsellor normalised all the feelings I've been going through - tears, anger, blame, jealousy, anxiety, and just downright feeling miserable. Even though the physical part is dealt with, she said I needed to be kind to myself and not expect too much - that the waves of emotion will keep coming, and to recognise that and take myself away (go for a walk, grab a coffee, sit in the sun) and know that it's OK to do this. She drew a circle and said that what was me ("the circle") is now fully consumed by grief. She said that will never go away, but what does happen is that the circle gets bigger, stronger, and you start to build in other things in your life that you get enjoyment from - but ultimately you are a different - but stronger person as a result. I've noticed this in small amounts already - especially in building a stronger relationship with hubby. As twisted as this sounds, I think this has been a good thing for us to go through together, as we've learnt more about each other and have proven to ourselves that we can do it together. How has everyone else's partners responded? Are they coping OK now? I do think it's really hard for the guys, as their heart breaks when they see ours breaking and feel helpless.

Good luck for all the baby making going on out there! Talz, will you do anything on 19 Aug in memory?
Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 4:38pm
Mrsw8 im glad you got something out of your counseling session being more of an understanding of what it is your body emotionally deals with in terms of grief.

I don't know what I'll do yet in memory maybe just light a candle and spend some quality time with my son.

I still go through ups and downs. I feel like ive moved upward but at times all I long for is to have a healthy pregnancy. Every month that rolls by I feel like ive taken a step backwards. I dont think I can actually feel 'better' or more complete until im back on the pregnant wagon. But even when that time comes the innocence will be gone. And then the next step will be the healthy baby.
Anyway was just sitting here thinking how id love to catch up with a friend for a wine. But my two closest friends live in oz now and my other friends I used to catch up with are all pregnant! :( feel like im missing out! Im happy as for them but I want to be too!!

Edited by Talz - 01 August 2014 at 4:39pm

Rin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 5:28pm
I agree with you mrsw8 re: the event of a mc creating a sense of greater closeness with hubby. My hubby and I talked and talked and talked the week between the scan and the D&C - we both had the whole week off work and spent time sitting at home and talking or going for walks and talking while we waited for the day of the D&C and we were both so incredibly open with what we were feeling. We have pretty good communication usually, but it seemed things were just kinda next level at that time. There've been a few times since where I've obviously felt just as low as I did that week again and it's been slightly frustrating that DH hasn't been in the same headspace at the same time, but he has said that he still thinks about it in some small way at least once every day, as I do.

Just thought I'd share something I randomly came across today - this week has been Loss and Grief Awareness week, facilitated by a group called Skylight. They're encouraging people to light a candle in rememberance this evening and take some time to remember someone they've lost - there are also candlelighting events at various churches around the country. So I'll be taking some time tonight to light a rememberance candle at home, to remember our little lost ones, as well as those other friends and family that we've lost over the years who I believe are taking care of our wee angels in heaven for us for now.
Rin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 11:20am
Bit of a personal question but, does anyone else get spotting a few days before AF is due? My AF is due on Tuesday and I noticed a little bit of brown-ish spotting yesterday and today. It happened last month too and when I was reading up about the various tests my doc referred me for this month, I was thinking maybe it was a symptom of low progesterone, when the corpus luteum craps out before it should and slowly stops producing progesterone sooner than normal so the lining starts coming away slowly in the days before AF. But my progesterone blood test was fine last week, so that's probably not it. Anyone else experience this? And got an explanation for it? I've promised myself I won't Google stuff like this anymore after freaking myself out too much last couple of months....   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 153>