FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 153>
Author
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2015 at 10:53pm
hi a.girl! hope you get answers soon- July isnt that far away it should fly if you keep busy! xx
Im good, BFN today (12dpo) progesterone pills have kept AF away which is nice (was spotting by 8dpo last time) but dont "feel" pregnant in the slightest. i really feel like this isnt my month. and im strangely ok with that this time. feeling uncomfortable with the fact everything is so medicated now for me- i hate it! but also feel we are too far in it to back out and try other natural avenues now. so better just stick with it. all for a good cause, right? 
other than that just plodding along. hope everyone else is good! xx
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Sponsored Links

Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 10:46am
Hi tryingfor#4, so sorry to hear the loss of your twins :( big hugs, hopefully your rainbow comes along soon xx

Pregnancy appointments and arrangments are so horrible when you have to cancel them. As if you need any more pain.

Wow Soda, how exciting about your section! I'll need updates on housing choice and plans :D sorry about the BFN, maybe you feel OK because next cycle is the one! So hoping for you :)

What's metformin Poppy? Random question but do you chart?

How are you going Luckyjade? Very sorry to hear of your mmc :( xx

Does anyone else have a retroverted uterus? I've read that it makes it harder to mc naturally and chances of doing so even with misoprostol are slim. (I used misoprostol once, and it was a disaster).

Thanks a.girl, yes D&C went as well as it could have, I only had light bleeding afterwards and now no bleeding at all. Was a bit of stabby pain for a few days after. I am SO anxious to hear babys karyotype results! I think I could try ring and ask for them by the end of next week. But our follow up appointment isn't until the 20th of May >.< SO FAR AWAY! And that's when we (DH and I) get our testing done, and then more waiting after that for our results. So currently just drifting, feel like a dandelion seed.

July is sneaking up a.girl! Soon I'll be asking for weekly updates and then daily updates!! My normal cycle OPK's are as you describe (darkening, really dark, nothing much there), but my cycle's that have been messed up I can get what seems like +OPK's for days, it's like my body wants to do it, but can't quite get there >.<
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 11:17am
Metformin isnt exactly a fertility drug but helps with insulin resistance which some women with pcos have, which can be a factor that stops you oving etc so in a roundabout way it helps with fertility. Im on that, plus clomid plus progesterone...lol a walking chemist! I hate it but you do what you have to huh...another bfn today so sure im out.
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 1:19pm
Sorry to hear that Soda. Fx for next cycle.

Nellenium, as Soda said metformin is a diabetes drug that helps with insulin resistance. A side effect is that it seems to help some pcos suffers ovulate. I like it because there's no need for any monitoring, you just take it every day and hope for the best. When it works, it works well. For me, I went from no af for 6mths after my first miscarriage to regular 28 day cycles when I went on it to conceive my dd and we got pregnant first try. This time it hasn't worked so well. Regulated my cycle to 42 days every time with ovulation at 28 days. So far I have a 100% conception rate (if we have relations around ovulation I get pregnant), I just can't seem to hold on to them this time. So I'm adding in the progesterone to see if that helps. Also upping my metformin dose. I've only every gone to one twice daily but trying to increase to three times daily and see if that helps. 5wks since my mc and I'm waiting anxiously for af so I can start the countdown. I don't chart. Have used the clearblue ov kit for last two cycles and got pregnant on both but lost them. That's the extent of it. Not trying this time as mc was a little later so wanted my body to have a rest.

Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 7:23pm
Hi Everyone, I'm really sorry that this group exists and so sorry for all of your losses. I've had a little read of some of the previous posts and it looks like I've finally found people who can relate to where I'm at. I've been TTC number 2 for a year now and had three early miscarriages during that time - May 2014, Nov 2014, and today is my first day of heavy bleeding with the third miscarriage (although I knew it had gone last Saturday). I'm old so am worried I'm running out of time. My sister is due 2 weeks before this one would have been due and I have no idea how I'm going to cope with that. Anyway big hugs to you all and fingers crossed this group will be empty in a few more months :-)
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 8:10pm
Hi all.
I was indeed on progesterone from BFP to 12 weeks! First time I've used it and it worked (or something did). I didn't really get any symptoms at all from it that I know of.
Nell - I have a pretty seriously retroverted uterus and I've been told it shouldn't affect fertility at all! But having said that I also haven't managed to m/c naturally apart from the first time! Even with misoprostol I had no success. So hope you get some answers!!

Edited by NzVeggie - 17 April 2015 at 8:21pm

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 5:55am
So sorry to hear Karenka, that's really tough. I had my first m/c with a baby due the same week as my sister in law and my most recent one due the same week as my closest friend. The first one was really tough as I wasn't pregnant by the time she gave birth. I'm really hoping I get through first trimester before my friend has hers, she's just coming up 12wks now so still a few months to get on the journey. If not I can see it's going to be very hard at that time. I guess all you can do is allow yourself to feel whatever you feel and work your way through it. Here's hoping you too get preggo before your sister has hers. I think it may just soften the blow a bit as you'll have one of your own to look forward to. Do you mind me asking, is there any known cause of your m/c, are you on anything to try and help you get and maintain a pregnancy? I ask as I've just started investigating my infertility so am interested in what others are trying.

Glad to hear it worked for you NzVeggie. I'm really pinning all my hopes on this cycle so will be devastated if it happens again! I just don't see how any additional interference will help prevent the m/c if this doesn't work.

Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 3:30pm
Thanks Poppy. I agree that having a successful pregnancy is the only thing that I can think of that will soften the blow for me. Even thinking about her announcing her pregnancy to the rest of family makes me feel ill and we've gone from seeing each other or talking most days to me not wanting to be around her at all (she probably doesn't want to be around me either). I need to find away to make it work with her, but I'm not sure how. I don't know what's causing the miscarriages and have been told that I had to have three to be referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic (which I've now had). I've since found out that they might only take women under 40, which I'm not, so I'm not sure where that leaves me. I have been to gp after the 2nd one and she didn't have a clue really. How are you investigating your infertility? With this latest pregnancy I tried taking daily low dose aspirin from ovulation, as I know several people who have had multiple miscarriages have successful pregnancies by taking aspirin. It didn't work for me. This forum seems pretty quiet (which is a good thing in some ways!), does anyone know of any Facebook groups or anything that supports women in our situation?
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2015 at 6:01am
I decided not to wait for public help and have gone to fertility associates after my second consecutive m/c. They have run a load of bloods on me and hubby to rule out genetic problems, clotting problems (don't have those back yet). I have PCOS so mine may just be cause of that (some say it increases chance of m/c but unclear why) or could just be bad luck. I'm on metformin to get me cycling. Trying progesterone pesseries this next cycle as it may be my body isn't producing enough to sustain the pregnancies. That and aspirin are the only things I've heard of to try and help lower the chance of m/c. FA is going to monitor my next attempt to get more info on what might be happening. Unfortunately otherwise there's not much that can be done, you just have to keep trying and hope one sticks.

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2015 at 4:36pm
awesome Poppy you have things to try for now- hopefully thats all you need!
15dpo for me, one last BFN today to confirm im definitely out. have stopped the progesterone as of today- dont think i need bloods to confirm the bfn so will just stop. and hubby and I have decided to have a break from all drugs etc for a month or so, focus on just being "us" and appreciate all the things we have in our lives that we are already so lucky to have.  we wont be preventing at all (dont think i could bring myself to do that!)  but will stop charting and everything and try to get through the next month or two and then have another look at what avenue we want to take. hoping DH agrees to trying more natural methods- naturopath etc.. than go back on the drugs..but for now ill be on here lurking occasionally but will see you all when i come back xxx GL ladies I hope to not see you when i get back! lol xxx
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2015 at 4:56pm
Sorry to hear it wasn't your month Soda. Sometimes, as hard as it is, a break can do you the world of good. Best of luck.

Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 10:26pm
Sorry Soda about the BFN. It's so hard isn't it? A break sounds like a good idea. I'm kind of looking forward to having at least a month off trying. I'm not ready yet and need some sort of intervention, otherwise I think exactly the same thing will happen if I get pregnant again. Also I still haven't stopped bleeding and ovulation is likely to be soon. Thanks for the info about Fertility Associates Poppy - I didn't realise they did the pregnancy loss side of things. I've since spoken to them and now have a glimmer of hope that I might be able to cope with trying again, with the type of support they offer (assuming we can find the money).
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 6:03am
That's fantastic news Karenka. Sometimes it's just nice to have someone else's opinion on what you should do next. I got sick of all the decisions on how to tackle my infertility being up to me. I just wanted someone else to say "you should do this". Then I can pick from that what I'm comfortable with. Hope you get the support you need to try again but don't rush it. I found I couldn't focus on trying again while I was still going through the m/c but once the bleeding stopped and I could put it behind me it was much clearer to see a way forward.

tryingfor#4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryingfor#4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 8:29pm
Hi ladies, thought I would update that we got our bfp :) Very happy but I'm also rather nervous. Have a dating scan in 3 weeks so can't wait for that but seems like a long wait.
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 6:59am
That's fantastic news tryingfor#4. I have everything crossed for you that you get over the line with this one. Out of interest, did you do anything different this time? (and I don't mean in the bedroom )

Still waiting on af here. Hoping she'll come knocking by the end of the week.

tryingfor#4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryingfor#4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 1:25pm
Thanks Poppy, no didn't do anything different just tried to continue as normally as possible. I don't think I'll start to relax at all until I'm passed 12 weeks though as that's when we lost the twins. I wish the next couple of weeks would hurry up though really hoping to see a little heartbeat :)
LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 3:14pm
Hello all you lovely ladies,

I have not been on here since the day after I found out my wee one's heart was not beating. I had a d&c last Thursday and have been recovering well physically. I have not had a lot of bleeding or pain. Emotionally I am recovering day by day. Some days/hours are better than others. I have wonderful support from the love of my life who is so good at listening and talking and crying with me. All our whanau and friends who knew have been amazing too. I am so sorry for everyones loss. Kia kaha ladies, having a group like this is really great to know we are not alone.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to stop the notifications from ohbaby? I have unsubscribed twice and am still getting the weekly updates which is rather yuk.
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 4:30pm
Glad to hear you are doing as well as can be expected. Hugs to you.

What notifications are you getting? Is it the weekly development ones or forum ones?

If you have added the pregnancy into your profile you'll need to delete that, I think that's where the development ones come from. The forum ones are in the control panel.

Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 4:32pm
Profile, edit pregnancies. or

member control panel in forums.

LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 8:03am
Great thanks Poppy I will edit my profile as it is the development ones that I don't want to see. I don't mind getting notifications.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 153>