FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 153>
Author
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 7:11pm
Well, my deadline has come and gone. Today should have been af day. It hasn't been later than this since I had my daughter. Will give it until Friday and then call fa and get some tests done. So sick of this crap. Can't wait to get a successful pregnancy underway so I never have to go through this again!

Sponsored Links

LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 3:43pm
Sending you positive thoughts Poppy.

Just wanting to know what any of you lovely ladies have done post dnc as far as sex goes... in the first cycle. I got told by the doctors that we could start trying again and having sex (without trying) as soon as I stopped bleeding. I stopped bleeding yesterday and was wanting to fully celebrate our wedding anniversary today but after doing too much googling I am wondering if we should use condoms...
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 4:08pm
I don't think we had sex for quite some time after as my husband left to go overseas within a few days of the procedure then I travelled to meet him and we had a whirlwind trip round europe (pretty exhausting). Probably wasn't till we got home about a month later.

Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 6:49pm
You're just not supposed to have sex if your still bleeding as the cervix is open and that can possibly cause infection (a condom won't help). If you're no longer bleeding I'd say it's safe. I had unprotected sex on CD11 after a D&C. I knew my cervix was well and truely closed as I checked (and I was no longer bleeding). So if you want to have sex, go for it :)
LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2015 at 8:19pm
Thanks ladies. Hoping everyone is strong and well.
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 9:28am
IT'S HERE!! Welcome AF, I've been waiting for you. I'm back on the TTC train. Very excited.

How's everyone else going?

Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 7:59pm
Congratulations TryingForNumber#4 and sorry if it seems too early for congratulations. How are you feeling? Is the nervousness easing at all? Hugs to you Jade. I didn't sign up for the development emails this time around, but it seemed to take weeks for google and facebook to stop advertising pregnancy related stuff to me. Good luck for this month Poppy. I hope everyone else is doing ok. I'm just waiting for my period so I can do the blood tests on the second day of my cycle and i've got a scan next week to see if anything weird is happening in there. I'm in no hurry though as I'm too scared to try again at the moment. P.S. How do I do a signature?
Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 8:12pm
Found the signature thing!
TTC #2 April 2014.
MCs: May 2014, November 2014, April 2015, August 2015.
MMC: 10 weeks August 2016.
LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 6:25am
Kia ora beautiful ladies,
I hope all are well.
I just wanted to send out some positive energy to you all and get any thoughts on 'getting through' the dark days/weeks (i truly hope not months) that follow the loss.
Things that help me is talking and hugging (mostly my hubby, but friends and whānau as well), running - this has always been an outlet for me and after the loss it makes me feel strong(er), like I know my body can do something. In the first week (and in someways) now watching movies, reading anything to let me escape reality.
Have you ladies got any coping strategies you would like to share?
Also I am struggling with stuff that I know is related but never considered would happen, I just thought I would feel sad and miss the future that was not to be (this is still there).
I feel - useless- like I am incapable of doing anything, I find making decisions difficult, my memory is terrible at the moment, I am very intolerant (mostly of adult humans being slightly irritating), I am finding it difficult to be objective or know if I am being objective.
Just wondering if other woman have felt any of these feelings or other feelings that they didn't expect and any ideas on coping.
Be kind to yourselves ladies
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 6:35am
I would talk to someone LuckyJade. It sounds like you may have a touch of depression. After my first mc, I stopped cycling all together. Over time I stopped wanting to do much, just couldn't be bothered going out, seeing friends. Ony did what I had to do on a daily basis. when I finally went back to the doctor to figure out why I wasn't cycling, he diagnosed me with depression. I didn't do much about it in the end as he also diagnosed my pcos, put me on meds and I started cycling again. Being back in the game seemed to help me heal a bit. Definately doing some exercise and getting some sun is the best thing (when there is any). Otherwise it's just time and a friendly ear. Hugs to you, I hope you feel more yourself soon.

AFM, despite just going through a horrendous 24hr vomiting bug and now having a fever and feeling like sh*t, I'm still glad to be getting another crack at this and just taking each day as it comes.

Good luck with all your testing Karenka.

Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 9:26pm
I agree with Poppy LuckyJade, it does sound like you might be depressed - which is completely understandable. I'd also suggest talking to someone if you don't start to feel more like yourself soon. I had weeks where my brain felt all fuzzy, like you describe, but in the last few days I've started to feel like the fog is clearing a bit. I reckon a good cranial osteopath can help with this brain focus stuff too, but am aware that different things work for different people. Speaking of which, has anyone heard of/tried acupuncture to prevent miscarriage? Someone suggested it today. It's hard to know what's worth trying and what's not - I think I could go broke fast trying all the things that could possibly help!
TTC #2 April 2014.
MCs: May 2014, November 2014, April 2015, August 2015.
MMC: 10 weeks August 2016.
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 6:33am
I haven't heard that before Karenka. I tried it once to turn my dd as she was breach, didn't work.

tryingfor#4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryingfor#4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 8:32pm
Thanks Karenka, still very nervous. With the twins I had no signs of miscarrying until after we had our scan at 12 weeks to show neither of them had a heartbeat any longer. I'm not sure I will relax at all until well after 12 weeks. 6 weeks today so still have just under 2 weeks until our first scan and 6 weeks until I can hopefully relax a little.
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 5:54am
Glad everything's going ok so far tryingfor#4. Are you going to get more checks from 8-12 wks for piece of mind?

tryingfor#4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryingfor#4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 7:31am
Not sure yet, hopefully but I'm not sure if I'll have my midwife or someone different depending on dates. If I have my midwife I think she will but haven't yet met the other one so not sure how she will be with extra checks.
LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 12:46pm
Thank you for the advice, Poppy and Karenka. I went to my doctor last Thursday and she did a depression test on me, and yip looks like that is what is going on. I am going to a councillor this afternoon. It is so strange feeling like this and knowing why but not being able to change my mentality... Usually I am such a positive person and know that in many of my relationships (friends, marriage, whānau) I am the one who lifts people up. I feel like not being able to be that person at the moment makes me feel like more of a failure.

Interesting about the cranial osteopath Karenka, my mum did actually suggest going to a chiropractor to help 'get me back in line', I wonder if it is a similar idea/technique.?

I have read about acupuncture helping with preventing miscarriage, but don't know anyone with experience of this working. I know some friends who used acupuncture as they were trying to conceive through IVF, however they ended up miscarrying (but I think the acupuncture was to help with conception rather than preventing miscarriage)

Sending you happy, calming, loving thoughts tryingfor#4. I can only imagine how hard it must be to try and relax, and enjoy the first trimester. Kia kaha.
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:07pm
Good on you lucky for getting it seen to. Now it's time for those you have helped to return the favour. Look after yourself.

CoopersMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:10am
I'm joining this ttc thing now...not sure what I'm thinking right now though
LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:08pm
Kia ora CoopersMummy, welcome and I am so sorry for your loss. I am in the same boat of not sure what I am thinking right now. It has been 3 weeks since I had a dnc after a MMC, so I guess I am waiting for my first period and in some ways hoping that it wont come because I want to be pregnant again. But maybe I am not ready for that yet. Kia kaha, you have found some wonderful women to talk to.
MMC April 2015
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:27pm
Hi everyone,

I guess this will be a good place for me now. I was supposed to be 12 weeks today (first pregnancy), but I had a missed MC. First sign of anything wrong was a bit of cramping and brown spotting on Sunday. Carried on into Monday so I went for an urgent scan that afternoon. Found out bubs had stopped growing around seven weeks, not long after my dating scan. I took the misoprostal on Wednesday as it seemed like it could drag on for weeks if my body was left to it's own devices. 
I knew it would be bad but I didn't realise how bad. It was like having a 20 minute long contractions with 30 second breaks. I made all the noise a woman in labour would. My poor mum had to comfort me through it because my husband had to go back to work. I passed everything intact that evening without any more pain, so I'm glad that it is over, and seems like I won't need a d&c.

We plan to not prevent for a little while after bleeding stops, before trying in earnest in a month or two. I haven't been told we need to wait, but would appreciate any advice around this.

It's a bit strange because I had quit my job as it was making me stressed, and I wanted to do the best for my pregnancy. I have worked out my notice and today is my last day. Was hoping to share the happy news to explain why I'd been so tired and grumpy. Instead I had to share a vague story about ill health and needing to recover. This is partially true as I couldn't take my fibro meds while pregnant. But yeah, very very strange experience at my farewell morning tea. It's good that I have an extended time now to be able to recover and reassess.

Look forward to sharing with you all

Rach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 153>