FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 153>
Author
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2015 at 1:35pm
(Ive edited the post, sorry if didnt mean to hurt anyone. Thanks for reminding me to read post really carefully and think more before i write. Sometimes i miss things, eventhough ive been in Nz for 13 years, i still feel that English isnt my first language. Sorry)

I have one question, how long after miscarrige did you Af return? or how soon did you ovulate again?
I m bit confused, i know the doc says to wait for the first AF before ttc again. Well, with my hubby we though we wont intentionally ttc ( chart or temp at the moment) but since we want to try for a baby, we just decided to get on with life as it comes and not to used any protection.
I had a really sore nipples last weekend for about 2-3 days ( first i put it down to my toddler maybe not latching on properly), then i felt really tired ( i put it down to coming down with a cold) but yesteday i was sick first thing i got up...
so i m starting to wonder if i could be pregnant? I seems very unrealistic to me as i had my d&c on the 5th this month
(bleeding stopped after 3 days) and if i was to fall pregnant it would have been on day 10 after d&c when we did do bd with hubby. Could i ovulate that soon after d&c? Will wait and see if i have any more symptoms......

Enjoy your trip Karenka!!!!
Poppy, all the best of luck for your scan on Monday!!
and wishing for little happy miracles for the rest of you:-)

Edited by Iceland - 26 June 2015 at 10:20pm
Sponsored Links

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2015 at 6:08pm
message deleted

Edited by _Soda_ - 26 June 2015 at 2:55pm
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2015 at 7:52pm
Thanks for the replies. I meant body changes after miscarriage specifically not after giving birth and breastfeeding cause I think those ones would be more expected and I still have not been through that. Sorry if I sound titchy it's just hard when people share their experiences of their time with their children. And you should be able to do that so I think I'm going to stay away for awhile.
Iceland my AF came 5 weeks after mc and I think I ovulated at my usual time - day 15.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2015 at 11:05pm
Sorry RachFizz, i missed that you ment changes after micarriage specifically as you started by mentioning your friend who just gave birth to her son. It really need to be more carefulll and read more properly.
sorry again I didnt get your question right.
Didnt mean to ause any difficult feelings.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2015 at 1:30pm
Hi, I have done some more reading about waitng for the first AF after a msc and found a great resourse at the pregnancy loss website.
It put my mind at rest, as it was describing exactly what i was feeling.... that some women do experience pregnancy symptoms that are accually just a result of the hormones trying to "reset " again. Has anyone experienced this also?
Makes sence but feels so wierd. Well, after lots of reading on this great site, i think that i d best to not takes things too lightly and patiently wait for my first af, as it brings much more order to things.

Edited by Iceland - 26 June 2015 at 1:31pm
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2015 at 2:53pm
eek so sorry Rachfizz i didnt even think either. so sorry i didnt read it right Confused hope I havent upset you xxx 
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2015 at 2:55pm
have deleted my post 
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2015 at 3:03pm
and Rachfizz dont be silly, please come back. I Think ill stay away a while myself. If talking about my daughter, who i waited a very long time for and shed lots of tears over while TTC and learning about my infertility issues, is going to upset people in here then really i have no place here. Because she is part of who I am.. im going to slip up and mention her from time to time, as she is a part of my journey. so ill just duck out and leave you guys to it. But just remember, just because some of us have children already, it doesnt make the pain of infertility, or miscarriage any easier...its just that for our journeys, there IS another child involved- who also has to deal with the emotions that go with it all, are always asking for a baby brother or sister, watch you cry when you tell them their baby brother isnt coming and died inside mummys tummy,  are always disappointed when you say that might not happen right now, who make you nearly cry every day when you see them playing alone in their room and then come to you and tell you they are lonely. its just as big a journey, just as hard. but very different.  But if the fact I already have a child is going to upset anyone for a single second then I dont want that to happen.. so ill disappear for now. thanks for all the support ladies xxx  

Edited by _Soda_ - 26 June 2015 at 3:04pm
Mitsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2015 at 8:46pm
Hi everyone! I was briefly on here just under a year ago after having an ectopic (see below). Sorry I disappeared but I needed to stop obsessing over TTC again... Anyhoo just thought I'd pop back in to let you know I just got my BFP and I have a wee CORRECTLY PLACED 5 - 6 week old blip! There was only one other person who'd had an ectopic last time I was on so I thought it might be nice for anyone out there frantically searching the worldwideweb for answers post-ectopic to see an update. It took 8 months and two cycles of clomid (first cycle standard dose, second cycle double dose) but here I am!

I read my post below and teared up a bit. I remember that bawling distraught mess that was me of a year ago like it was yesterday. And today I got to cry at my little blip's heartbeat, isn't life just the biggest rollercoaster?!

Hope you are all well and my heart goes out to all of you (along with super sticky and positive vibes!)

xxx

Originally posted by Mitsi Mitsi wrote:

Hi ladies

A month ago today I found out I was pregnant. But it was not the joyous occasion I always imagined it would be and the doctor did not congratulate me. Instead he called an ambulance while I clung to my partner and bawled my eyes out. I had gone to the doctor because I had random bleeding and severe abdominal pain so it was pretty clear things weren't okay. I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have emergency surgery to remove it before it ruptured. They took my tube. I also had a cyst on my other tube for good measure.

We had been TTC for 7 months and I had just been diagnosed with PCOS. I didn't even know I was pregnant. I don't understand how I *was* pregnant, I had only just had AF two weeks prior and it was perfectly AF-like, nothing at all to suggest it might have been implantation bleeding. Would there have even been implantation bleeding when it was in the wrong place?!

Sometimes I'm angry that I never got the joy of a positive pregnancy test, but I know it was probably for the better as I didn't have time to fall in love with my baby before I lost it. I can only imagine how much more painful it must be for you ladies :(

I'm ready to try again once we're allowed (have to wait for two cycles) but I'm also terrified. What if it happens again? I only have one tube left! Is it going to take another 7 months?! The gyno surgeon seemed pretty positive about my newly clean remaining tube so maybe the other one was a dud and now I have one nice tube to work with things will go better - that's what my partner is going by anyway. It's a fine line trying to be positive but also not wanting to get your hopes up!

I hate that the thing I want most in the world is something I can't do anything about!

I'm so sorry for all of your losses and sorry for just jumping in with a giant story, had to get it all off my chest, thanks for "listening"
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2015 at 10:53pm
Congratulations, Mitsi!!!
Great to read stories with a happy end! wishing you all the best for the future!!!:-)

Soda, dont dissapear!!! As you said, miscarriage happen to people in different circumstances.... i also already have children, who are part of the journey. I ve also found it so hard to explain to them that the baby died in my tummy... and all that followed afterwards. So i relate so much with what you ve written. We all need to support each other and you, just like anyone else, have a place here and this way, we can support each other better.

i think,
Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2015 at 7:55am
Congratulations Mitsi. I really appreciate people popping back in here to tell of their success - it gives me hope.

The posts that have upset people have obviously been deleted - although we have different journeys, we all share this horrible event(s) in our lives and therefore should be able to support each other. I know we're all emotionally fragile and that makes it more likely that we'll take things to heart that weren't intended to be hurtful. This group is quite quiet it would be nice to think that all members could remain and see this as a safe place to share. I have a 3 year old that I'm grateful for every our of the day.

My AF has returned on time twice and was about a week late the other time. Not sure when I ovulated again, as I never chart the month after. Also I had pregnancy symptoms (sore boobs etc) for awhile after the last miscarriage.

My trip to Fertility Associates on Thursday was useful but disappointing. They can't really help me and I just have to keep on trying and be prepared for more miscarriages. I'm not sure how many more I can tolerate before the sadness takes over my life permanently. They think the cause of my miscarriages are chromosome defects in the embryos that are related to my age. They are going to try me on progesterone, but think it's unlikely to help (but won't hurt).

Good luck to those of you on the TWW.
TTC #2 April 2014.
MCs: May 2014, November 2014, April 2015, August 2015.
MMC: 10 weeks August 2016.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 2:03pm
Hi Karenka, so sorry to hear that your appointement with FA was bit dissapoining...as you said. I think it is always well worth while to give everything a go!! One never knows and sometimes there are great happy surprised when no one really expect!!! Dont give up hope!! Focus on the positive side as much as you can!!! Who knows maybe the pregesterone helps? Im keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

Im feeling so happy for my af to arrive this weekend! It s rare for me to rejoice about af as i suffer from menstrual migranes, so first few days are always awfull untill migrane settles. This time, i dont really mind, i m happy to have my first post d&c af here. Hope my body is ready for some ttc now:-)

How s everyone else doing? & feeling?
Take care!:-)
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 6:45pm
Yay congrats Mitsi so good to hear after having an ectopic myself 6 weeks ago.
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 7:37pm
Well, i've made it. had my 7wk scan today and we have a heartbeat! measuring 2 days bigger too with everything else looking good. i've officially graduated from fa and change to my midwife this week. very relieved.

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 10:45pm
Awsome Poppy!!! So nice to hear!!! im so happy for you!
Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 7:23pm
Great news Poppy!! Thanks for your kind thoughts Iceland. I get migraines for about 3 days leading up to af - in fact the lack of them has been my first pregnancy symptom on a couple of occasions. Good luck with the ttc.
TTC #2 April 2014.
MCs: May 2014, November 2014, April 2015, August 2015.
MMC: 10 weeks August 2016.
LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 8:30pm
Kia ora wonderful wahine,

I have been absent for a while and have had a read through, but so much to catch up on, I am afraid I may have missed things.

So wonderful to hear good news :-) This makes my heart so happy. Poppy so wonderful to hear you have seen/heard heartbeat and wow measuring 2 days bigger that sounds like a great sign!!

Sending out massive aroha to all of you, I hope healing is happening and it is gentle.

A bit about where I am at ... Sorry if this ends up being a massive story...

We took our baby Taonga up north for burial about a month ago. He (we felt he was a boy, but did not know) is now with my husbands mother and many other ancestors in the cemetery. It is so strange how I felt taking him from the freezer in our whare, I was so sad that he wouldn't be with us anymore (I found this a weird thing to think as it wasn't like I could hold him or anything). However once we were at the cemetery I felt calm and knew he would be looked after and he is now with whanau. My dearest husband's whanau were amazing and everything said and done made it a wonderful ceremony of letting go/laying to rest and moving forward.

After this trip we went to Australia for a few days holiday/party and tried hard to concieve. However AF arrived bang on time (the second time since dnc).

I have been without a computer for a few weeks (munted hard drive), hence not being around. There have been some other major changes with us. We have sold our house and bought a new house 5 hours north of the might Waikato. All very exciting and scarey.

Life is a crazy gift and sometimes it hurts like hell. After the dnc I had a few weeks of depression. This has passed but I have my moments. I feel sometimes I have returned to my pre pregnancy obsessiveness that lasted for about 6 months of the 14 months TTC. Other times I am relaxed and know that life is amazing with or without kids (without fur). Other times I think of what was not meant to be and cry for the loss.

Ok ladies, thank you all for being here. I know some of you are taking a break at the moment, I hope you are getting support and understanding from your peps. Massive love.
MMC April 2015
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 8:51pm
I posted this in some other threads on here but wanted to let you ladies know that I had a baby girl last week! She is doing well and hopefully you can all keep up hope that you will all get there one day too. I had 3 m/c prior to getting pregnant this time and it was one of the most stressful times of my life - but now I have her home it's worth every minute of heartbreak!!!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 5:38am
So sorry to hear about your bub luckyjade but i'm glad you have so much support around you. Big hugs and all the best for your future ttc.

congrats nzveggie! such a wonderful success story.

afm, i had lots of discomfort down there yesterday.trying not to freak out but it's hard. not seeing midwife for another 2 weeks.

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 5:09pm
Welcome back Lucky Jade!
as Poppy put it great you have so much support around, this is so important. I m crossing my fingers for you!!
Sending you a lots of positive energy!!! one never knows what futere might bring!!! Hugs!

Poppy, hope you are feeling better!! 2 weeks to see you midwife is so long! Give her a ring, if you feel like you still not 100%. Im sure she wont mind, that s what they are there for, to support you!

As to me, i ve just realised that my daughter has her regular dermatology clininc in Greenlane hospital next wednesday.
the same place i had my d&c month ago!
Just thinking of the location brought some emotions back to me. I m sure it ll feel real strange to be walking through the entrance again! I havent been back since! Guess , all these feelings will pass with time.
Also , my daughter s last clinic was 6 weeks ago, the same day i had my early scan when i found out about my mmc. Accually, i went for the scan directly from my daughter s dermatology appointement. Think next week, might be bit tricky emotionally!! with all these emotions and memories resurfacing!!

How s everyone else feeling?
Take care and great weekend to you all!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 153>