FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDo I name him on the birth certificate!??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sparkles69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkles69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 1:58pm
Have you talked to the family court - they maybe able to help - or the Law Society re the rights of you both, I believe that is free, hard decision as biologically he is the father but it takes a lot to be a parent, all the very best
Sponsored Links

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by sparkles69 sparkles69 wrote:

Have you talked to the family court - they maybe able to help - or the Law Society re the rights of you both, I believe that is free, hard decision as biologically he is the father but it takes a lot to be a parent, all the very best

before you get the family court involved make sure you want him involved as there will be no going back.

I agree that it takes a lot to be a parent & you will probably be the one that does it all. If he wanted to be a parent/father then your relationship would of lasted longer than 6 weeks.

If he is in a situation where he is forced to pay child support he may make things difficult for you, he may want to go for joint custody, visits & may stop you leaving the country if you wanted to at some stage.

seaview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 3:51pm
You might find some advice here

MC February 2014

CharlieK216760 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieK216760 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 5:16am
Just take him to the court. If you want his name to be on a birth certificate, but he doesn't want it, you should establish paternity. You ask for establishing paternity at the court, they order dna paternity test https://dnasu.com/services/paternity-test/ Only legal testing is accepted by the court, so be attentive. Then his name is on the birth certificate, you agree on a joint custody or sole custody, he pays child support. Everything is simple.
roberto265834 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roberto265834 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 5:07pm
If he doesn't sign on the birth certificate then that you can take court help. All the very best
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12