FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew to this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Missus_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missus_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to this
    Posted: 23 April 2014 at 8:23pm
Hi.
I'm new to this so hopefully this isn't a silly question. Me and my husband decide to start trying for a baby in December so I came off the pill straight away and since then however I've only got my period once which was 2 months ago, just wondered if this was normal or if I should be worried. I often over think things so trying not to worry myself. I've been to the doctor already and got folic acid and now doing all we can to get pregnant.
Thanks
Sponsored Links

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 8:57pm
Welcome missus. My doc said to go back if my periods didn't come right after about 6 months from stopping the pill. Were you on it for long? And before you went on it, did you keep good track of your cycles?
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 9:27pm
Hi Missus - when I came off the pill I didn't get my period for 3 months (and was then 2 weeks long!), and the next few cycles were anywhere from 3 weeks to 8 weeks - so took a while to settle down into a more normal pattern compared with pre-pill. Hopefully your cycle will settle down and you'll start ovulating normally soon :)
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Missus_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missus_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 9:33pm
Thanks Mushroom that makes me feel better knowing that what my body is doing other people have gone through it too.
A.girl I was on the pill for about 3 years before coming off it and nah I never kept track of them before hand, I always meant too but never did. Okay thanks maybe I'll wait till the 6 month mark and go back if it's still not regular by then.
Jadeey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadeey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 7:38am
I stopped taking the pill in December as well. My cycle has only just got back to what I think is normal now. And, it's not even fully normal because my last period only lasted 3 days instead of my usual 5. I wasn't ovulating the first few months after coming off the pill either, but I think that has just started up again as well.

From what I understand it can take your body a few months to adjust to the lack of pill.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply