FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDummy for older babies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angelswings13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelswings13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dummy for older babies
    Posted: 25 July 2014 at 4:25pm
Hey ladies. No judgement please!

I want to know if anyone has had any success, or has any tips for getting an older baby to take a dummy (7m)

My babe is bottle fed, and is a HUGE comfort sucker. He took a dummy when he was a baby, but my partner had this big idea that it would cause him to have an addictive personality (sigh) and forced me to take it off him around 6-8 weeks old. I really regret it, and now my partner has conceded that he made a mistake and wishes DS took a dummy. We're having a lot of trouble settling for day naps, and he's gotten into a terrible habit of comfort sucking on bottle, and snacking instead of taking full feeds, which is affecting our night sleep as well, so I would love to be able to take bottle away and insert dummy when he's comfort sucking, and hopefully encourage him back to having full feeds again. Sadly at this stage unless he's already basically asleep, I can't get him to keep dummy in his mouth. However if I put it in when he is asleep he sleeps for longer before waking.

TIA :)
#1 DS 17/12/13
#2 EDD 14/07/16
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply