FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLower Hutt Midwives?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pipsqueak152837 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipsqueak152837 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lower Hutt Midwives?
    Posted: 08 September 2014 at 2:54pm
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a midwife in Lower Hutt? I've got some complex health issues but would like to avoid medical intervention unless it's really needed. Homebirth appealed but we'd rather be closer to help, so I'm planning to give birth at Hutt hospital. We're looking for someone who doesn't mind being asked lots of questions, is honest about her own thinking but respects our decisions and is willing to be flexible in her approach depending on how things are going. Any recommendations would be hugely appreciated! Thanks
Sponsored Links

*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 5:53pm
Jill Adamson is great!
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 8:19pm
I had Julie Thompson based at Birth Works first time around and she was fab! Would have been so happy to go through her again this time, but unfortunately she wasn't available at the time I am due :-(
Jadeey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadeey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2014 at 7:21am
I'm looking for a Lower Hutt midwife too. It looks like both Jill and Julie are unavailable when I'm due. :(
kazzanz05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazzanz05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 5:12pm
Interested in hearing any more recommendations for Lower Hutt Midwives.
Me 37 DH 40
DD#1 Jan 2009
DD#2 May 2015
Angel 2/2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipsqueak152837 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 10:26am
Thanks so much everyone. I tried Lesley Gummer before I saw any replies but she was booked already! She recommended Flick Lang. We met her but she didn't quite seem the right fit, so we've made an appointment to talk to Karen Lash on Thursday this week. I'd heard good things about Birthworks but I don't drive and getting to their clinics would be hard for me. I wasn't sure Jill would be available. But Karen's profile on findyourmidwife.co.nz made it sound like we might work well together and she was nice on the phone (though it was only a quick call). Fingers crossed it will work out well!
Jadeey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadeey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 10:32am
Yay! Picking one is exciting!

We've picked Lynley Thomas. I talked to her yesterday, but haven't met her yet. I think she's going to be a good fit though. She was the midwife for a friend of mine which fills me with confidence.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipsqueak152837 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 10:41am
It's always good to have those first hand recommendations, isn't it? I'm just over 7 weeks now and it still feels like jumping ahead to be deciding what kind of birth and support team I'd like. Sounds like we must be due around the same time, Jadeey! Hope things work out well for you with Lynley.
Jadeey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadeey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 11:53am
You are a couple of weeks ahead of me. I'm around 5 weeks. (My cycle is irregular so I'm not 100% certain exactly how far along I am yet. It might be only just over 4 weeks)

I can't wait to actually meet the midwife and finally have this amazing thing start to feel real!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipsqueak152837 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 11:58am
So amazing, isn't it?! I got pregnant with the help of IVF, so know the date much more exactly than most and knew I was pregnant earlier too. Still hard to believe, though! Though the tiredness and nausea are helping to convince me. I think someone else is using lots of energy to grow things!
Wombles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wombles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 3:26pm
Karen delivered me daughter, it was only the 2nd time I had met her and I thought she was really good. My mw Catriona Pratt works in the same group as Karen "Birth in Focus".
I've gone with Catriona again, she's straight to the point which I like.
The findamidwife site is great much easier to find a mw now than 2 1/2 years ago with my first.
kazzanz05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazzanz05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 5:09pm
Anyone used Lisa Scrimshaw?

I can't go with the midwife I had when I miscarried as she's not taking any cases next year.

Me 37 DH 40
DD#1 Jan 2009
DD#2 May 2015
Angel 2/2014

kazzanz05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazzanz05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 9:40pm
Got a midwife. First appointment next Friday. :)
Me 37 DH 40
DD#1 Jan 2009
DD#2 May 2015
Angel 2/2014

Post Reply Post Reply