FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMidwife in East Auckland or Central Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwife in East Auckland or Central Auckland
    Posted: 10 September 2014 at 1:47pm
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good midwife that is in East Auckland or Mt Wellington? I live in Pakuranga.
I am wanting to birth at Auckland or Middlemore Hospital.
I have currently tried 11 midwifes and they are all not available for my due date of 31st March 2015.
I am a first time mum so prefer someone with a few years experience.
(I have already tried - Penny Harrison, Nimisha Waller, Lisa Tattley, Helen Cuplan, Gill Bolderston, Sarah Chance, Nadia Pendigrast, Anna-Leigh Norrie & Jocelyn Boddie. They are all unavailable for my EDD of 31.03.15).

Pls let me know if you have any suggestions.
Sponsored Links

Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 3:00pm
Try Catherine Overfield maybe? She delivers at Botany and Middlemore and I have heard good things about her care levels. 027 277 3213

Unfortunately they are kept very busy here in East Auckland!
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 8:11pm
Hi, thanks for your reply. Also messaged her and she was also not available. Also tried Irene Moody but no reply.
Currently have a appointment with Christine Bradley, so releaved now. Hopefully 12th time lucky.

Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 8:22am
I'm with Marie Gray who delivers at botany and middle more. She came to me recommended and had been great so far x
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 10:02am
I wanted Christine, she seems nice but was going to be on holiday in April so she might not be around if you are late. I have an appointment today with another midwife at the same Mt Wellington practice. Will let you know what she's like.
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 2:07pm
Thanks Apfel84 for the reply. Please let me know how you appointment goes.
Christine texted to say she is available and that she will call me for more details, but I think that she has been busy. I have texted her to ask for an appointment in about a week as I have the day off work.

I heard that it was busy in Manukau for Midwives, but didn't expect to have to contact 12. Also heard back from Irene whom said that she was also not available.
Hope your appointment goes well

Edited by CLB - 12 September 2014 at 2:22pm
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 3:05pm
Hi CLB, she had to postpose because one of her ladies went into labour. I am seeing her tomorrow at 9am.
I got the impression Christine was very busy. Judy keeps her case load small so I think she is a bit more relaxed. She seems lovely on the phone and has been helpful texting me back with queries and questions I have had. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 8:06pm
How are you getting on CLB? Did you meet Christine?
I meet with Judy and she was really nice. Will be sticking with her.
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 8:28pm
Hi Apfel84, Didn't end up meeting with Christine as she would never confirm my appointment which I tried to organise 3 times.
Do you have Judy's details as I might try to contact her?
Thanks
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:37am
Hi CLB
You really need to see someone soon, because you are quite far along now aren't you?
Judy has an asian accent but don't be put off as in person she is lovely.
Her number is:
Judy Hsu

Good luck
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:41am
Also I just enrolled for Antenatal classes in Pakuranga. If you are interested in going to those you need to book soon. The ones in Pakuranga are $150 (there are free ones elsewhere). If that is no problem the lady to call is Linda 09 5335593 or 0211395467
We're doing Saturday ones in March but you will need to go to Feb ones in case baby is a little early.
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 9:45am
Hi Apfel84,
Thanks for your help & info. I thought I had Christine and maybe another Midwife Lisa Tattley lined up, but Lisa has said that she is too sick and Christine wont return my texts and calls.
I might try Judy Hsu. Do you know how long she has been doing Midwifing for, as I would prefer someone with 4+ yrs experience as this is my first birth.
Also thanks about the classes I will try to contact them today or tomorrow.
Good luck to you too. :)
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 12:15pm
This is my first too. I didn't ask her how long she's been a midwife. You should ask, I'm sure they get that question a lot.
Tuquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 12:46pm
Have you tried Lisa Harris and Hilary Eason in Ellerslie?
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 2:49pm
Thanks Tuquel, I have emailed them as it is hard to phone while I am at work.
Hopefully I will hear back from them soon. Currently 16 Not Availables and counting....
Tuquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 3:06pm
Eek that's a worry - maybe try and follow up with a phone call when you get home or try and slip out of work for 5 minutes to call as you need to get someone locked in!
Tuquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 3:25pm
How did you get on CLB?
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 3:33pm
I recommend Marie Gray, she's great. Apfel I'm going to Linda's antenatal classes in Howick in nov (due in Jan) :) Do you live around these ways?
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 4:15pm
Hi, I texted Marie Grey but she was booked out already.
I have emailed Linda about antenatal classes she mentioned that Jan/Feb ones would be best for my EDD of 31.03.14.
I am currently trying to weight up the Howick parent centre antenatal course & Linda's. Does anyone have any pros or cons to these two courses?
Yes I live in Half Moon Bay :)
I am currently booked in with a Midwife at the Greenlane Hospital as I have currently given up trying to chaise Midwives after trying to contact my 22nd.
Going through Greenlane is not ideal as I will end up with 3 midwives - one for pre-care, one for birth & one for post-care, but at least it is care as the whole thing was really stressing me out. Also I defiantly get to birth at Auckland Hospital.
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 4:47pm
Yeh Mac I live the south end of Mt Wellington Highway off a side street.

My sister inlaw went to Linda's classes earlier this year, she lives in Pakuranga. She recommended them to me and said it was a good group of ladies similar ages to me - I'm 30 (my SIL is 44, but she still got on with everyone and they still have regular coffee group).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>