FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpregnancy after miscarriage.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babydust30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babydust30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pregnancy after miscarriage.
    Posted: 01 October 2014 at 3:21am
I had a miscarriage around 3 weeks ago, obviously being stupid me and my partner had unprotected sex, yesterday I started getting period pains very lightly the same way I did when I was pregnant previous, I was just wondering if it is even possible?
Sponsored Links

Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 1:00pm
Hi babydust, I'm sorry to hear about your mc, how are you doing?

The cycle following my mc a couple of months ago was quite unusual for me, so it's not surprising that you're experiencing pains or cramps when you're not "scheduled" to. I'm not really sure how long it takes to ovulate following a mc, but three weeks does seem early. But hey, everyone's different. Did you have a midwife when you were pregnant? Could you see her or your GP if your worried about how and when your cycle will return to normal?

Best of luck! x
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 4:17pm
Hi babydust. Sorry about your mc :-( I just had my fourth one a week ago. And after the first three, exactly 3 weeks after the mc, I got some pretty intense cramps and a wee bit of spotting to follow a few days later. I didn't count it as a period, but I did get my period almost exactly 30 days after that spotting. I put it down to my hormones hCG dropping below about 20 (I was being monitored 2/3 times so I knew exactly what it was). I think my body was just resetting itself. All the best to you!
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2014 at 12:48pm
yes i got spotting and mild cramping randomly after my mc for a couple of days, then about 30 days later got a full blown period.. i agree, i think its when your HCG drops, its like it TRIES to have a period, but i guess the lining hasnt built up yet for that to happen. in saying that, people do get pregnant straight after a MC... all you can do is wait and see! xxx
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
 Post Reply Post Reply