FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2 babies close in age

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doe32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doe32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 babies close in age
    Posted: 03 October 2014 at 10:33pm
Hiya

New to this I was wondering how other mums are coping with having babies so close together. Give me some
advice and vice versa.

I have 2 baby girls one born Aug 2013 and the other Aug 2014 I also have an almost 9yr old boy.

Sleep deprivation was a big issue at first but it comes with the territory and that only lasted 4 weeks. I get a good nights rest even though I go to bed late and I get to nap when both my girls are sleeping at the same time.

What I`m finding difficult is compartmentalysing my time and giving my babies the attention that they both require I am finding it very difficult it makes it even diffi ult when I`m breast feeding my youngest as it takes soo much longer than a bottle.

I know as they start to get older it will get easier. I just want to now how other mums in my situation are managing and what their going through
. I
Sponsored Links

PerryWestley158339 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerryWestley158339 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2014 at 6:37pm
Go for natural mattress because natural cot mattress provides safety against toxic fumes and chemicals. http://www.latexcotmattress.com.au/accreditation/
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2014 at 9:17pm
My mother always used to read us stories while she breastfed, so it was quality time with all the under 5's :)
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Kesha162258 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesha162258 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 6:08pm
Being affectionate towards the two of them when they're together will help. You could also set a time each day for you and the older one to have quality time, as well as another time for you and the younger one to be together. This will work if your husband or a relative is around to take care of the other one, while you're having some bonding time with the other. It's very challenging but it's actually fulfilling! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply