FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMidwife Recommendations please - Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zappo10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zappo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwife Recommendations please - Auckland
    Posted: 17 October 2014 at 8:39pm
Hi all. I'm a mum of one & just found out I'm preggers again (yay !!). EDD late June 2015. So I'm on the hunt for a midwife (am trying to be organised this time - last time I was looking quite late in the piece & there was hardly anyone available !). The one I had last time is now out of our area so I'm starting from scratch. I live in Pakuranga & want to birth at Auckland hospital then stay at birthcare. I've pulled a wee list of midwives & wondered if any of you had had experience or feedback you would mind sharing?
Tilly porter
Anna-Leigh norrie
Hilary Eason
Claire Wakefield
Nadia Pendergast
Wendy Sigvertsen
Thanks so much!!

Edited by Zappo10 - 18 October 2014 at 10:13pm
Sponsored Links

Zappo10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zappo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 8:02am
Anyone????
K130520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K130520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 10:13am
She isn't on the list but don't go for Christine Bradley
Tuquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2014 at 11:21am
I really wanted Nadia P but she wasn't taking on December babies. She sounded lovely on the phone.

I went with Lisa Harris who works in partnership with Hilary Eason so if you go with Hilary chances are you'll see Lisa a few times too. Quite comforting for me because if one isn't available when you go into labour the other one is almost sure to be so you won't be looked after by a back up stranger.

They are pretty straight up and to the point, no fuss and quite efficient but that suits me fine. They are very experienced though and I know I will be in safe hands if anything goes wrong. Just for me personally I didn't want anyone too 'airy fairy' but if you're looking for a more spiritual, holistic experience I'd recommend you go elsewhere.
Miranda222488 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miranda222488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:02pm
Hi are you able to tell me why I shouldn't choose Christine Bradley for my midwife please.
I'm currently been signed up to her
Vj266964 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vj266964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 3:54am
DO NOT EVER GO TO CHRISTINE BRADLEY!!!
Lesley248124 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley248124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:27am
I had Christine Bradley and it was a bad experience. Just please avoid having her as your midwife
 Post Reply Post Reply