FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternity units

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda161091 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda161091 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maternity units
    Posted: 27 October 2014 at 6:11pm
Hi ladies 😊

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences are with botany maternity unit and middlemore hospital are ? Ive seen a few posts about this but was a few years back !!

I've been advised you may share rooms with other mums and partners can't stay ?
Thank you for your feedback 😊😊😊
Sponsored Links

Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 8:46pm
If you give birth at Botany, you generally get your own room.

If you birth at Middlemore and transfer to Botany, you may share a room if it is busy.

I had a lovely experience at Botany, they encourage you to fully engage with bubs from the first moment but are there to help and advise if you ask or there are signs that you are unsure. To my knowledge, partners are not allowed to stay, however they were lovely about my husband coming and going outside visiting hours. :-)
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 8:59pm
Generally most places don't let partners stay, or only stay one night. This is largely due to keeping the maternity centre friendly to other mums, who might feel rather uncomfortable coming across a random guy walking the corridors in the middle of the night.

I had a c-section at North Shore hospital, and transferred up to Warkworth birthing centre after 24 hrs as soon as I was allowed - it really was a completely different world with a quiet setup and very helpful nurses/midwives on hand. They even took my son for 3 hrs on the 3rd night to allow me to get some sleep! (he had bad reflux, and even they had a lot of trouble getting him settled to sleep!). With all birthing centres/maternity centres women who are able to give birth their have priority over anyone transferring, so simply depends on how many women give birth at the same time as you. Have to cross your fingers and hope for the best!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Yimchhour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yimchhour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 10:23pm
Thanks ladies
 Post Reply Post Reply