FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked40 and concerned will be pressured to induce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Formercantab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formercantab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 40 and concerned will be pressured to induce
    Posted: 25 January 2015 at 9:00am
I'm pregnant with my 3rd child after 2 natural births, and near due date... Totally normal pregnancy so far and scans still showing all ok, but my midwife is starting to suggest They will induce me early solely because I'd my age... Has anyone had this experience? How much pressure is there and how much do they factor in individual circumstances? Of course I want baby out safely but very wary of increased risk of intervention if you are induced! Keen to hear from anyone else who is or has been in a similar circumstance...
Sponsored Links

LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 8:38pm
I was 40 with the first and only induced because my waters broke at 36 weeks and nothing else happened, 42 for the 2nd one and no mention of being induced early, he was on the larger size too, he arrived at 40+1, have a vague memory of the mw saying they might look at inducing at 41 weeks but she was sure I wouldnt get that far :)

Post Reply Post Reply