FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeeking a wonderful sperm donor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ourlittlebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourlittlebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking a wonderful sperm donor
    Posted: 28 January 2015 at 5:27pm
Hi all

My partner and I have been trying for some time to start a family of our own. Unfortunately, as a same-sex couple, having a baby is a bit complicated (who knew that sperm was in such short supply?! :(). We're currently on the waitlist for a sperm donor at Fertility Associates, but while good things do take time, 18 months just seems like forever.

So we're seeking a wonderful guy who would be willing to be our donor. Would you (if you're male, obviously!), your significant other, or someone else you know, be willing to help us build our family?

A little bit about us: We’re both in our 30s. We’ve been together almost 10 years, and are spectacularly normal (boring?). We both have professional jobs – I’m a doctor, my other half is a software engineer . I love to cook and create dishes that I make my wife critique as if we’re in the Masterchef kitchen. She loves running and gets up at a ridiculous hour to lace up her shoes and hit the road. We have a wonderful life together that would only be enriched with the addition of a wee girl or boy to our family. Any child we're lucky enough to have will grow up surrounded by people who will love and support them.

If you might consider helping to create our family, please contact our donor co-ordinator Jenny at Fertility Associates (Phone 09 925 5938), and be sure to quote our reference: GROVE You don’t have to decide anything on the spot, she will answer any questions you may have.

We've also started a little web page with some info about us. Please do check it out if you think you might possibly be able to help http://ourlittlebaby.net

We can't thank you enough
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 9:02pm
Wishing you all the best. My partner (male) and I use a donor due to him having no sperm. 18mths is a long wait though! Which FA are you with? We are with Wellington and luckily only had a 6mth wait seems things have changed :(.
Really hope someone comes forward so you don't have to wait that long.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourlittlebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 7:27am
Thanks very much for the well-wishes :) 6 months!! That's amazing! When were you and your partner on the waiting list? We're in Auckland, but if the difference is that drastic perhaps we should be flying down to Welly for appts!

The FA nurse told us that demand always outstrips the supply. Also, donors can specify what type of person they want their donation to go to, and a certain proportion are not comfortable donating to lesbian couples
I do know the waiting list for IVF is shorter than for DI, perhaps that's the difference?

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 11:16am
I can't help I'm afraid as I'm a woman and have no sperm, but your post really touched me and I just wanted to wish you all the best! I will actually ask some of my male friends in NZ if this is something they would ever consider doing. I hope you find someone and the wait isn't too long. God bless Heart
Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourlittlebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 1:27pm
Thanks for the lovely message. Yes, if you could pass the request along to any altruistic male friends, we'd be very grateful :)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 5:39pm
Possibly iui does have a shorter list. And true I hadn't considered donor requests. I am pretty sure they are able to access the whole FA database of sperm though rather than just a specific region.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
farmchik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 11:21pm
Hi
my partner and I are on the waiting list at fertility associates for a donor we have been since jan 2014 and still have a few more months wait to even choose a donor yet, they say 18 months wait for a donor as not many men in nz donate. Before we went to our first appointment didn't hear much about donation etc. hope you find someone soon, I have lost count of how many forums that I have joined in the hope to find a donor :)
Starjasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starjasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 10:06pm
I'm also on the waiting list with Fertility Associates. It doesn't make any difference which region you're in timing wise. Have you had counselling yet? The information ours provided as part of our treatment was awesome and I'd highly recommend you speak with the counsellor if you haven't already. The criteria to become a donor is quite complex. Only a select number of men make it through for a range of health and social reasons. For that reason I'd rather stick it out and wait than try to find someone. My husband and I have severe infertility due to cancer and waiting a few months is not such a huge deal when you look at the big picture. Don't give up hope if someone doesn't immediately come forward. What's meant to be is meant to be.
farmchik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 12:57am
Hi
we have had our first counselling session they told us as nz is a small country doesn't help with donation either, the counsellor said we could try and find someone but they would still have to go to FA for everything as we want anonymous donor.
 Post Reply Post Reply