FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlunket 2015 Give a hug appeal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plunket 2015 Give a hug appeal
    Posted: 02 March 2015 at 11:48pm

Hi I'm  the new Plunket community support co-ordinator in the Rodney area. I'm here to advocate and provide support for services that can benefit our children and empower families. Part of this is ensuring we have funds to secure the resources we need... ah fundraising.  Plunket’s annual Bear Hug Appeal is being held from 2 – 8 March 2015 and we’re inviting you to “give us a hug” and show your support. 

We know there are many deserving charities and organisations which approach you throughout the year requesting donations.  So what sets Plunket apart?  Plunket is a New Zealand icon having supported parents and families for over 107 years.  Plunket is the main provider of health and wellbeing services for New Zealand’s children.  Our Plunket Nurses see over 90% of babies born in New Zealand – chances are you were a Plunket baby. 

We’re there to help each child get the best start in life by assessing their growth and development at clinic appointments, providing 24/7 support and advice through Plunketline, supporting parents with helpful parenting programmes, ensuring children travel safely via our affordable car seat rental and sales service, connecting communities through community support groups, and providing families in need with essential items.

While Plunket has a government contract allowing us to provide free home and clinic visits from Plunket and Community Karitane, we rely on fundraising and grants to run the raft of other services in our local community.  These initiatives include coffee groups for new parents, weekly playgroups, providing subsidised first aid courses for parents and vital support for families in need as well as maintaining and upgrading our clinics and facilities.

I have created a special online collection point (through the official Plunket appeal website) where businesses and people can easily and conveniently donate online. If each member of our wonderful community gives  $5 or $10 then we can make an important and significant contribution to the well-being of children and families in our communities. If you are in the position to be able to donate this year, then please do so by clicking on

http://appeal.plunket.org.nz/page/caringsowecancontinuetomakegreatcommunitiesforgreatfamiliestoraisegreatkids

Please leave a message  to say that you saw this on OHBaby so we can tell where all the wonderful support is coming from :-)

Remember, that if everyone gives a little, together, we will make a huge difference.

Thanks for reading the post. I look forward to your replies SmileStarSmileHug

Heavenly Talker

Edited by heavenly.talker - 02 March 2015 at 11:49pm
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 7:54am
Bump
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2015 at 10:14pm
No OHBaby donations yet ladies. I get that parenting strips our pockets bare and that's after what the utilities and supermarkets have already taken. If you have $5 to spare please consider giving it to plunket this year :-)
Cheers

Edited by heavenly.talker - 05 March 2015 at 10:49pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2015 at 10:50pm
If you are Polly who just donated $10 then I sincerely thank you. Every dollar counts and I love that you have reached out. Sending blessings and peace your way xx
 Post Reply Post Reply