FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReflux and Quantity of Formula??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarleyRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reflux and Quantity of Formula??
    Posted: 04 March 2015 at 10:37am
Alisha is now 3 1/2 months old, she is around 5 kg. We have had heaps of trouble with her. Put her on various medications and changes in my diet, then onto Neocate Formula with Losec Capsules. She has pretty much improved 100% from where she was a couple of months ago.

My question is, what quantity of formula does your baby drink and roughly how long inbetween? I've been trying to give her three hours inbetween each feeding which she can manage totally fine. But when food is offered she hardly drinks much in a sitting. I can usually get 100ml of formula into her over an hour, sometimes takes me longer.

Is this normal for a reflux baby??
Sponsored Links

Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 2:16pm
Hi CarleyRose, we had a similar situation my little girl went onto neocate when she was 12weeks old, due to reflux. She got to the point where she wasn't drinking at all and took her about 6 weeks to drink semi normally once we started neocate. Although she never drunk a lot at once, she would never lie down nicely and drink a whole bottle. Did they give you a prescribed amount? All I can say is just keep offering, I would just offer it to her about every hour. My daughter is now nearly 14 months and grown out of her allergy in the last few months and she still only drinks about 100ml in a go.
I think from memory she was on 5 x 150ml a day

Big hugs
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
Jenny201028 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny201028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 5:48am
Why don't you give her babies magic tea to treat her reflux naturally. It's an organic way that helped my reflux baby a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply