FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFeeling so bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeling so bad
    Posted: 29 March 2015 at 11:06am
Hi everyone I'm nearly 13 weeks pregnant now and all is well with baby in scans etc. But I'm feeling so rough I'm starting to get worried. I'm on medication for near constant nausea have food aversions to most things still and having really bad headaches that last for hours. But the worst is the exhaustion. I feel like I need to sleep all day long. At the moment some days I can do a 2 hour plus nap then sleep 10+ hours at night. I get to about lunch or so and I just crash no energy can hardly do a thing. I'm just starting to get down about it as I'm missing a lot of work and I can't get my brain to function to do simple things and my diet is all over the show due to the aversions and not being able to eat much in one go. I crave sweet drinks like juice and they make me feel much better and if I eat it usually makes me better for a while so I have wondered if it's a blood sugar thing. I realize all this stuff is normal in pregnancy but at what point do you worry? My last pregnancy was not like this. I'm seeing my obstetrician next week to discuss but any advice in the meantime appreciated

Edited by snugglebug - 29 March 2015 at 11:09am
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2015 at 10:46pm
hey hun, yeah all that can be pretty normal. when i was around that stage id struggle through work then get home and crash out on the couch for at least 2 hours, then a couple of hours later be in bed and easily sleep all night and struggle to get up in the morning. and my iron etc was fine.. but might be worth getting all those levels checked just in case? I found nibbling on plain biscuits (like the "nice" biscuits or something- and just breaking little pieces off at a time) gave me just enough energy to keep going. that and sucking on boiled sweets- neither were the best habits to get into i know, but you do what you have to do to get through sometimes.. apples helped too and i ate heaps of those! hopefully youll feel much better in a  couple of weeks once you get right into your 2nd trimester xx
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 8:47am
It's not fun eh :-(. I was on the pills but still felt nauseous, and pretty much lived on slushies and McDonalds hamburgers! So don't feel bad, bubs is happily taking all the goods it needs from your supplies :-)
CoopersMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 9:05am
This was me with all my healthy pregnancies, I took the medication until the day my last one was born, but I also had very low iron so that didn't help. They can do things to fix that though :) I'm pretty sure it can be quite normal
 Post Reply Post Reply