FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHcg levels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hcg levels
    Posted: 22 April 2015 at 4:41pm
Hi. Hoping some other mums are willing to share their hcg levels? We had our first baby, miscarried our second, had another baby and now have been Ttc for 5-6 months. We found out a week ago that were pregnant. However I'm so nervous that things aren't going to go right. My first bloods at 4w3d were 300 and then 5w3d were 3500. Does this seem ok? They are doubling and I have other pregnancy symptoms too which is good but would love to hear of some other hcg results if your ok with sharing.
Sponsored Links

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 5:08pm
Congrats! You can do a Google search for an hcg calculator to check doubling times. There's such a variance that so those general sites are quite good to see what the ranges are. And don't worry about it too much! Hcgs don't tell you much unless they are falling. Good luck!
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 5:14pm
My first at 4wk was 74! My MC it was 34, as A.girl says the numbers vary hugely, so try not to worry!
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 8:45am
I think your levels looks good Kat

hCG levels vary so much between individual people though.

Some records I have for myself are:

3w5d 132, 4w1d 578 = healthy baby boy
5w4d 8218 = MMC
4w1d 406, 5w1d 5697, 6w1d 26025 = MMC

The thing is hCG doesn't really tell you anything! If it's doubling that's good, your body knows what to do and is ready to support a pregnancy If it's not doubling or falling then you know something is not right.

The best indication of a healthy pregnancy is your dating scan adding up with your conception dates (only if you are 100% sure of your ovulation date). Otherwise a heartbeat is a pretty good indication things are going well.

This is my fav link for checking out hCG levels and what to expect:
http://www.babymed.com/normal-hcg-levels-pregnancy#sthash.YUcXPEa4.dpuf
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 10:49am
Agree with girls above - my mmc was 90 at first test (4wks) then carried on ok for next two tests (eg did what it was meant to) Got to scan at nearly 8wks and found twins with no heartbeats.
Generally the fertility people want it to be over 25 at first bloods for it to be considered 'pregnancy' - I've had two chemicals which were around the 14-16 mark which sucked butt lol.

Good luck hope it all goes well from here.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 4:01pm
Thanks for support ladies. I'm feeling a lot better about things. Will get bloods done again next week. If I'm ok next week then I won't have a dating scan but if I'm worried next week then I'll go for a dating scan. I have pregnancy symptoms which is a good sign.
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 5:42pm
The dating scan is really cool and reassuring, much more than some numbers anyway!

But as long as you are happy that's the main thing!
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 2:25pm
So my bloods came back this morning. They haven't doubled every 48hrs but they have risen heaps. 3500 last Tuesday to 19000 today and my midwife says they look just fine. Surprised me a bit as was expecting a lot more so I've booked in for a scan for next week to make sure things are actually going ok as its stressing me out a lot.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 4:12pm
Try not to stress too much, as it's never a good thing! HGC doubles every 2-3 days (not a strict 48hrs), and varies so much from person to person.
Have you read this good simple article? http://www.huggies.co.nz/pregnancy/early-stages/symptoms/hcg-levels/chart
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 4:29pm
Wow mushroom thank you so much for the link to that article. It's puts everything into prospective for me and if I go by what they then I'm doing perfect. Thank you so much.
 Post Reply Post Reply