FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPrivate IVF in Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Juce15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juce15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private IVF in Auckland
    Posted: 28 June 2015 at 11:55pm
Hey Ladies,

What fertility clinic did you go to in Auckland for IVF & how much did it cost (including medications)?

DH & myself have been TTC for 4yrs with no luck! We have just recently been told that we cannot conceive naturally and IVF is our only option :(

We currently live in Perth and will be moving back to NZ for treatment and would like to get as much information as possible about your experience with your clinic etc..

Sponsored Links

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 9:23am
Hi Juce,
We're with Fertility Associates in Auckland. I'm actually doing a public cycle this upcoming month, but have costed everything up and we'd be looking at $14k - for us we need ICSI and IMSI so that adds quite a bit. Medications really depend on what dosage you need - e.g. gonal F is $1/unit. A lowish dose is around 150 units per injection, so for 3 injections is $450 on its own. So if you need a high dose, that costs doubles fast. Personally, I'd budget $15k (which doesn't include any additional FETs) and be happy with everything under-budget!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Amie174328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie174328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 1:37pm
Hi Juce, we're also with Fertility Associates in Auckland. We start our first private IVF cycle in about 10 days time and the estimate is $10,700. That's for a short antagonistic cycle without ICSI. We were quite surprised as they initially said $12-13,000. This is based on a dosage of 250 units of puregon per injection.

I've found FA to be good. It doesn't feel very personal though. We have a different nurse pretty much every appointment and they forgot my husband's name once and called him the wrong name another time. But they do seem to have a lot of experience and pretty good success rates. If you're going privately you can pretty much pick your dates. They do have an option called Fertility Cover where you pay about $28,000 up front for up to three cycles and if you're not successful you get two thirds back. It does work out pretty expensive though if you only need one cycle.

Hope that helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply