FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOlder Mums TTC in 2015/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Older Mums TTC in 2015/2016
    Posted: 01 August 2015 at 2:37pm
Hi there,

Just starting a new thread for any older Mums 30+ TTC now or soon who may want to chat, I turned 37 last month & planning to TTC #2 from early next year.

Sponsored Links

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 9:51pm
Hi TinkaElle,
good idea! I might join you here:-) I m also 37 and ttc my number 4! I have a 8 yo boy, 6 yo girl and 1 yo boy... and after no 3 was born, i though "was finished". Earlier this year i had a surprise pregnancy ... well, we got on board with it and started make plans and looking forward to having an addition to the family.I like the idea of having another little one close to age to my youngest. Unfortunately in may, i had a mmc at 81/2 weeks. now we feel like we are "missing one baby" to completely our family, so decided to ttc one more time.
Looking forward to chatting and sharing the journeys with you and others!
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 10:05am
Hey Iceland, thanks for joining me! Nice to know I'm not the only one TTC a bit later. Sorry to hear of your mmc, I can only imagine how hard it is to let go of the idea of a new family member even if it was initally a suprise! We got pregnant very easily with my son, first proper month of trying but I wonder if that will be the case this time round as I know some people find it harder trying to get prego the second time.I'd like the kids to be 2.5-3 years apart if that was possible but you cant plan these things huh.My husband is 9 years younger so would have had a bunch of kids if I was younger and on board with the idea, I'm super nervous about juggling two and being tired etc. Did you find it a big jump to go from 1 to 2 children?

Kosmolicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kosmolicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 10:24am
Ooooo this is for me too! Turned 38 in May (God, that's weird saying that!). Been trying for #2 for a year and half! #1 happened straight away, this one, not so much. We're both healthy with no health issues. DPs sperm could be better but its not terrible (Fertility Dr said that in May). Don't qualify for anymore funded appts though which sucks! Can't WAIT to have another bubba!

38yrs with a 4yr old. Been TTc for almost 2yrs now. Have just tried Letrozole but think I have luteal phase defect. 23ish day cycles.
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 10:59am
Welcome Kosmo Ugh how frustrating for you guys Yeah its so hard to know how it will go, part of me thinks start trying soon in case it takes awhile and part of me wants to wait a few more months (I really want to be a bit fitter/healthier before getting UTD this time as I had a really hard pregnancy with my son and want to do everything I can to make it better this time). Is there anything DP can take to help with his sperm? Have you tried the male version of elevit? So if you end up needing help from FA you have to pay now? Thats rough

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 9:23pm
Hi Kosmo, great to have you join in too! That is hard road, i wish you get a bfp soon! fingers crossed!
TinkerElle, honestly, i think the hardest jump from me was from no kids to no.1. total change :-)
i think the age gap of 21/2 and 3 is nice....and maybe it helped a bit too. My first kids are 21/2 years a part also. i have to admit i decided for much a bigger gap before "braving no.3" but no3 s been great. its lovely to watch the sibling love and the older ones being so caring towards him ( well, there are time the little one is in 'trouble and eg messes up their lego creation etc.) but all good. i think everyone has their iwn idea of the "idea age gap" but on the other hand there only so much choice we are given about it, isnt it. Dont worry about juggling two, it ll be fine:-)
Hope you both had a lovely weekend!
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 9:53am
Ughh just typed out my whole message & lost it! Happy Tuesday, hope you ladies are having a good week so far and its not wet like it is here in Taranaki! Hasnt been too bad of a Winter, but I'm looking foward to some sunshine, thats for sure!

Do either of you take a prenatal vitamin? I took blackmores concieve well gold last time I got prego but have some elevit given to me by a friend this time round, not sure I like the taste. I'm a supplement fiend, if I can find anything that will help fertility, tiredness etc I'm all over it!!

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 2:00pm
Yes, that s so frustrating when that happens and all the message is gone. ..and it seems to happen more then i ve written a long one!:-)
So far, the sun is shining here in Auckland, but i rain is sure to be comming!
As to prenatal vitamins, i just take folic acid. I ve tried a iron suplement that i was given by a friend last week. 4 sachets of Spatone liquid iron suplement...and was hoping it ll help me with tiredness. I havent been any less tired, but maybe 4 days of it isnt long enough. Best would be if i went to bed earlier, but i got into a bad habit of being an night owl. I ve started this when my little one was a baby, stayed up later as sometimes i didnt feel like there s point falling asleep if he was to wake up next half hour. Easier to stay up and now i rarely go to bed before 11pm. Not good.
Also i like to enjoy the caml in the house after every little person is asleep and relax, i also study in the evenings too.
Still i ll should try to discioline myself again and head to bed by 10h30 pm at least!:-)
out of curiosity, what time is " your bedtime usualy"?

and yes, i agree some multivits or suplements can taste bit yuk. I m not sure what it was, but once i had one that couldnt bear taking ...
take care everyone:-)
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2015 at 7:55pm
I find Floridix good as an iron supplement, def notice the difference, even after just a few days.

I saviour that free time at night to myself too. Try to be in bed by 10pm at the latest tho.

TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 12:13pm
KOsmo, Iceland, how are you ladies doing?

ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2015 at 7:03pm
I'm 36 on 20th Dec TTC #1 so all going well I will be an older mum. Do you have a FB group?
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 8:42pm
No I dont, thats a good idea actually, should sort something, good luck, keep in touch and if I get a group sorted I'll let you know :)

ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2016 at 5:50pm
How is everyone going? We are off to fertility associates this week for an initial consultation. I am a bit nervous. What are they like?
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2016 at 6:12pm
I like most of the team at FA.
For your initial consult, prepare for them to do an internal scan so they can see what your uterus looks like and your ovaries in order to determine the best course of treatment. There's also a standard set of blood tests, and you should probably get a semen analysis for your other half.
Good luck!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2016 at 7:27pm
I've had bloods taken waiting on results. Hubby got bloods taken today and then they gave him a specimen jar with instructions. We took jar back to the lab and they said they won't do semen analysis over the weekend and to come back next week with a new sample. She wasn't rude but I felt like we were an inconvenience to her day and I felt angry. Thanks for advice re first appointment.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2016 at 7:53pm
Sorry you were fluffed around with the sample. Normally you have to phone the lab to book the analysis in advance to make sure they can do it that day - I'm suprised you didn't get the normal info sheet!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Lisa200913 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lisa200913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 6:09am
Girls, we mums are never old for our kids. I was reading a very interesting article about older pregnancy and it seems like age positively affects pregnancy if you are 100% healthy http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a538711/how-age-affects-pregnancy
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 7:53pm
Got the best news my AMH is not 1.7 it's 13.6! All my other test results were healthy. Now hubby to be checked and check I am ov and hopefully we get a bfp soon! I found FA really good to deal with.
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 8:23pm
Hope everyones doing good, I'm so excited to TTC again, just trying to get my body in as good a health as I can with chasing an almost 2 year old around!I congrats Mushroom!!

ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2016 at 8:31pm
Ok so FA Dr. told me I'm not OVing. So next cycle I'm getting CD15 & CD17 bloods taken. Hubby is also doing a sample which he is not thrilled about. Then we are back at FA in April for Appointment #2. Any one else need Clomid or other drugs to OV?

Edited by ytsrik35 - 01 March 2016 at 8:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>