FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOlder Mums TTC in 2015/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 6:27pm
Should we set up a fb group?
Sponsored Links

Julzaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julzaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 10:12pm
Im still here lurking in the background! Haha

Nothing new to report here! Althoooouggghhhhh my nipples are like so sensitive/sore!!?? Do you think its cos i've gone off the pill and its a side effect??

mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2016 at 12:51pm
Hi julz. That sounds a bit weird. Never had that when i came off birth control. only time ive had sensitive nipples is when I'm ovulating and in the first 6 or 8 weeks of pregnancy. I dont know what birth control you were on but some do stop ovulation i believe so maybe its something you haven't noticed for a while and your body is just getting used to being normal again. As for me... waiting for af to arrive in next 2 or 3 days. Have charted this cycle and looks like a nice normal pattern so am excited about actually trying in next couple of weeks
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 6:26pm
Hows everyone doing? I had bad bronchitis this month and didnt ovulate :( so gutted, no idea when AF will arrive but just want to get it over with so we can start trying!

PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 9:15pm
Ah I forgot I posted in here! Didn't get any notification that there were responses!

Hi ladies!! How are you all getting on? I'm only 2 weeks away from finishing my pill script, so I'm pleased about that! Been on the folic acid for 2 months now, and other than just focusing on my diet and exercising (although that is also about my weight, more than anything).

Tinka, how are you getting on?

Bonnie7725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 8:20pm
Hi everyone! This is my last post for the evening. I'm quietly having a minor panic attack. Cd1 for me and atupidly looked up the stats for a 37 year old first time mum. Why the hell did I do that? I'm kicking myself for waiting so long. And for not pushing harder for tests etc after the first mc. Or the second. Why did I sit back and wait so patiently. Just because the doc said it wasn't considered a problem until after 3? By that time it had been nearly 18 months.
I know tomorrow is a new day and 'it's only 2 weeks till we can try again' (my partner) but today I'm feeling bloody crappy. And pissed off with the whole medical world. Sorry for the rant. I try hard to be positive but today's got the better of me.

How's everyone else? Did a facebook group get created?
PGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 9:25pm
Hi all

I'm new here... 42 yo, pregnant with first baby, egg-donor recipient. Just wondering if there's any other similar women out there. I'm having a struggle with many of my friends not understanding my journey, and it would be great to talk to someone who "gets it". Anyone out there? Cheers, PGB.
PGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 9:35pm
Hi Bonnie7725, sorry to hear you're having a crap day. I totally know your pain. I was the same age as you when i first started trying. Got pregnant really easy and then miscarried. Had a missed miscarriage which then led to having to have a D&C which then (unbeknownest to me) led to uterine scarring... there were lots more things that happened that delayed / prevented me from getting pregnant. A bit painful to recount everything. Hence to say we eventually found out i had very low egg count ... then we tried IVF three unsuccessful times... We only did this because hubby couldn't accept the fact that we were going to need an egg donor. I did the ivf to satisfy him because he said he didn't want "someone else's baby". So there went another 2 years. Then finally he accepted the reality of an egg donor and then it took us another year to find one and get sorted that way. Finally we got a break with our first attempt at donor transplant - first transplant we tried worked and i am now (nervously) pregnant at 42 years old and 25 weeks in. SO i guess i'm sharing this all with you for the following reasons: NEVER give up hope BUT do make sure you are very clear early on with both your partner and doctors about what you want and need. You have to take control of this journey early on (which was my biggest mistake - because i didn't have a clue what was going on i didn't know HOW to take control) and everyone else around you will have to follow YOUR lead. HOpe this isn't too much of a rant. It's my first time on here and my main message to you is to KEEP GOING. :)
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2016 at 1:34pm
Ekk so close to TTC time Porter, our #1 kiddos are pretty close in age! I'm doing okay, AF arrived really early which I was thankful for after not ovulating! I'm feeling ready to focus on the new month now CD7 for me so will start OPKs tomorrow morning as I have no idea when I'll ovulate (if at all?!), this month. Fingers crossed everything settles tho, so we can at least have a chance.

JUlz, Miz, anyone else? Hows everyone doing?
So glad things worked out for you eventually PGB,
Sorry Bonnie, I know the stats are pretty horrendous, I know its hard but try not to think about it. I'm 37 as well so I'm feeling a bit more stressed this time than when we conceived number one when I was 35. Do you have a plan medical wise?

So glad things worked out for you PGB, sorry its been a tough journey to get where you are. I cant even imagine how difficult that must have been.

TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2016 at 1:37pm
Also has anyone found their cycles to get shorter (or longer) as they've gotten older? The last 6 months Ive gone from quite long cycles to much shorter ones, wondering if thats an age thing or just because I've changed my diet. I'm just ovulating earlier in my cycles than I used to (know from temping), not sure what would be causing that.

Julzaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julzaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2016 at 8:18pm
Hi all.

Well some news from me.....BFP!!

I'm in disbelief. Still numb from the news and still trying to process it all......
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 1:45pm
wohoo so exciting Julz! Big congrats! Was that first month trying?!

Julzaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julzaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 2:28pm
Yeah it is. its come as a real shock!!!! I dont feel pregnant and have no obvious symptoms so yeah still very much in denial
mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2016 at 8:42pm
Wow congrats julz thats so awesome! Nice to see someone having an easy ttc journey! I was like that last time. At 35 2nd month of ttc and bang! Seven years later and I'm hoping it will be easy again. Am in tww. Af due sometime in next 3days. Waiting....
Tinka my cycles appear to be shorter than when i was younger but spent 17 years on the pill so not really sure what my normal was. Seem to recall it being 28 ish days when younger now it can vary normally 25 or 26 days most months.
As for stats... i reckon they say over 40 there is a 5% chance per cycle. So that means some women get pregnant straight away. I'm determined to be one of those!
Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the lovely spring weather
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2016 at 2:56pm
Ohh exciting Miz, charts looking good, when are you testing? Yeah we got preggo straight away when I was 35, you hear so much doom and gloom about TTC after that age but I'm hoping it wont take too long second time round. I didnt want to rush into having another just because of my age, rather wait until we felt ready, so hopefully that still works out ok!

JW206350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW206350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2016 at 7:32pm
I am trying to get pregnant in my early 40's. It is month 5 TTC and nothing just yet. I have had all my blood tests which are above average for my age, so you never know. When I rang Fertility Associates they told me they see younger women with a lower AMH than me, so I am not really sure how they work out that people in my age bracket have a 5% per month chance of conceiving. That statistic does not really seem to consider individuals AMH and FSH tests. It must be a rough guess...
mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2016 at 7:57pm
Hi tinka. Have been feeling really odd and tender boobs etc so caved and tested but bfn. Bummer! Will see what tomorrows temp is and whether af shows as is probably due then.
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2016 at 6:49pm
Hi JW, yeah I'm the same. Dr says my levels are good, so hoping that will help.

Sorry you got AF Miz :(

I'm still waiting on ovulation, normally around day 17 so hopefully not far off. DH and I are finding it hard trying to muster enthusiasm for baby dancing, hes day 7 through a 9 day shift and I'm recovering from pneumonia!Kinda feels like skipping a month would be a potential lost opportunity tho.

themadhouse216382 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themadhouse216382 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 5:20pm
Hi Ladies

I'm Jess I'm 37. We are ttc number 4 at the moment and I'm wondering if it's OK to join in?
mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 9:25pm
Hi jess. Most of the chat on here is over in the tww thread but you're welcome to join in where ever. I'm 42 and ttc #2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>