FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHospital Choice - Ashburton or Chch Womens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hospital Choice - Ashburton or Chch Womens
    Posted: 31 August 2015 at 9:50pm
Hi all

I'm new to these forums and have loved reading everything so far.

I am 16wks pregnant and we are in a situation where we might end up having to move prior to the birth of our first child. I am due in Feb 2016 and we currently live in Chch .. just down the road from Chch Womens.

At this point we may end up in Ashburton yet and I really do not want the hassle of trying to find another midwife (which will be difficult) and of course I don't want anyone else to help me birth but my current midwife. So! I'm in a situation ... this is my first bith and as much as I'd like to say yes! I'm gonna birth completely au natural i would still like the option of an epidural if I want it. This is where I am stuck. Does anyone know what it is like to birth in Ashburton Hospital and what their take is on e pidurals? because at this point just to keep my current midwife and ensure my pain relief options are kept open I feel like I would be doing a hex of a drive from Ashburton to Chch Womens just to have those choices.

this is my first birth so I am incredibly nervous and I have absolutely no idea what to expect. SO ANY ADVICE PLS IS WELCOMED ...
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply