FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSleep and feeding at 9 weeks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sleep and feeding at 9 weeks
    Posted: 12 November 2015 at 5:13am
Hi, my 9 wo is starting to exhibit some tricky sleep and feeding behaviors... Is this normal?

She feeds and sleeps well at night, feeding at roughly midnight, 4 am and 7am. During daylight hours though she fusesat the breast, sometimes taking 15 to latch and sleeps for about 20 mins at a tim,   often waking as soon as I put her in the bassinet.

while she's awake and is sometimes content but mostly grizzly. She has reflux and is on losec (5ml)

This wakefulness lasts from about 8am till 10pm.

Does anyone have any tips? X
Sponsored Links

Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2015 at 5:15am
BTW I estimate she's getting about 3 or 4 hours sleep during the day, she must be exhausted! Sorry about the typos, blame my phone :)
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2015 at 7:20pm
Mama - I had a reflux baby, and took a long time to get on top of it. We found not only did he need losec, but he reacted to any dairy in my diary. It is possible if she's worse during the day that something in your diet might make it worse. I suggest keeping a food diary of what you have, and how she is - great way to see any links with behaviour.

Sounds like you're not doing too badly though! My son basically didn't sleep in the day at all, and I only got 4-6 broken hours of sleep each night...
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Mama5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 10:26pm
Oh mushroom, that's tough!

Good idea to keep a food diary. I have cut out all dairy products as of yesterday, we'll see how it goes.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 10:16am
Oh - forgot to say, the other thing to look at is her poop. If it's not that yellow mustard seedy type poop most of the time, and instead is more greeny/foamy, then it's another indicator she has a bit of an upset tummy. We got told our sons poop was 'normal' and 'lots of babies are like that', but when we actually fixed his diet we finally got some lovely nice-smelling poop (for a very short while till we started solids!).

Good luck!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply