FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do I feel.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MummaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I feel.
    Posted: 07 January 2016 at 5:05am
Im a month from my due date. single mum.

i feel like this entire pregnancy the dads been off and on. only wanting to talk at his convenience blah blah. recently hes been asking me things like if babies gonna have his last name and things. all our discussions are online as hes moved to australia.
in our latest chat he basically said I know nothing about babies and that shes going to be a potato until shes 1 so it doesnt matter...

now i know an AWFUL lot about babies and kids and know that the first year is SOOO important.

how am i even meant to feel about this comment. i havent even responded coz it made me soooo angry
Sponsored Links

Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 9:15am
Sorry you're stuck with someone who feels that way

Honestly it's his loss if he chooses to take that path. All you can do is keep the communication line open so you know you did your best to keep him involved.

I would ignore all comments that achieve nothing from him.

And quite frankly, if he's not going to be there he has no input over name choices.

You will be a wonderful mother to this baby have you joined any groups with people in similar situations? I find talking to others who know where you are coming from a great help!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 11:01am
First of all well done for reaching out. Sounds like an emotional roller coaster with the father.

I agree with Nell. Keep communication lines open, but at the end of the day you can't force someone to participate and feel the same way you do. This is going to be his loss.

I would concentrate on getting a support system together for you and Bub so you have people to talk to and help out.

Post Reply Post Reply