FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSo I think its over :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
KPMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So I think its over :(
    Posted: 06 February 2016 at 7:04am
Hey ladies,

So I am around 6w4d pregnant and started brown spotting last tuesday which turned to pink on thursday and blood from yesterday. Its a consistent amount so I'm guessing this is the start of a miscarriage.
I have been getting some period like cramps but nowhere near as strong as normal. I was supposed to be having an early scan this week but my midwife said that I should wait till the bleeding stops....
Well its not stopping so I guess that's not going to happen.

I just feel a little lost, what do I do? Just keep waiting? If this is the end I kinda want it over as soon as possible so we can try again. But I'm not sure where to go from here?

How long do I wait till the miscarriage is confirmed? I feel a little in limbo.

Sponsored Links

LP pka Rainyday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 7:13am
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Monitor your bleeding. If you are filling a pad every 1-2 hours or less you need to go to the hospital & get yourself checked out. If you're not 100% sure you could get serial HCGs done.
Otherwise try to keep yourself comfortable & take care. Thinking of you.
Midwife hasn't said anything other than wait?
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
DD born sleeping 09.05.16 22w5d
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 7:57am
That limbo feeling is awful gmmmdw and I'm so sorry you are going through that! If I was you I would go to the doctor and ask for a scan depending on what they find it may just all be happening normally for you! My first miscarriage at 5 weeks 6 days I had no pain at all second at 6 weeks I had mild cramping and a heavy feeling in my uterus! SO pain isn't always there! GO to the doctors honey and get your scan it will all be free and at least then your not in limbo!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15
Indigo Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 8:32am
So sorry for you... I would get a blood test for hcg - i had similar to you last month and I went and got a blood test on hcg and it was already back to 9, so, it had already passed. Blood test is quick and reliable and you'll know the same day. Xx
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d
KPMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 9:02am
Your right, its the waiting in limbo not knowing which is the worst feeling.

All the midwife has said is wait to see if it stops or not but not what to do if it doesn't stop. I have my scan form so maybe i should just go ahead anyway and see what happens?

I'm still bleeding, not heavily but constant. My tummy is no longer bloated and I do have some light cramping every now and then. I guess I will just take it easy today and see how I feel tomorrow.
KPMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 9:04am
Ok so the blood test results come back the same day? That's good to know.
I think I will go for that option as then I can at least know what is really happening

Thanks ladies, I appreciate it. x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 9:17am
Let us know how you get on honey!

KPMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 6:31pm
Ok so I just have my results back. The first line is from my first test and the second from today?

27/01/2016    510   * Not Stated
06/02/2016    1500 IU/L * (< 5) Not Stated

The HCG should be doubling so its not a good sign that its only 1500 right?.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 7:38pm
Hmmm. It doesn't look great but still inconclusive? I wouldn't be 100% sure without another result. Hcgs don't always double at the right rate. You could be losing a twin. Just a possibility. Hang in there hun.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 7:44pm
When did you get your first test done?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 7:44pm
Sorry how far along were you?

KPMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 8:03pm
So first test was 5w0d and second test was 6w3d.
I spoke to my midwife and she says I need to go for another test on Monday as its still hard to tell.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 8:08pm
I hope you get some more definitive answers On Monday
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 8:13pm
I hope you do too it's not fair honey and I'm sorry your going through this!

KPMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 8:14pm
Yes, me too! At least I'm getting some information now.

Thanks, it helps so much to be able to chat about these things esp when no one really even knows your pregnant.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 8:18pm
You can chat to us any time - I wish I didn't have the experience to share! I just wish that had scanned you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 7:46am
How are you doing today? How is the bleeding?

KPMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 8:51am
Still bleeding, kinda like a normal period now.
It has been a constant bleed since friday morning. A few cramps every now and then but nothing major pain wise. I'm just concerned about what is going to happen next. Luckily with tomorrow being a bank holiday I don't have to work but I'm worried of being at work on tuesday and then having a major bleed.
I'm a worrier at the best of times.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 8:54am
I'm a worrier too Lol so can completely understand! If you have miscarried you weren't too far along when you first started bleeding so chances are it will just be like a normal period with a few lumps! But if you are worried just stay Home you have every right too!

KPMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2016 at 2:22pm
So just an update, got my latest bloods back and the HCG is down to 1350.
So now to wait and let things process I guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>