FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp TTC over 12 months mid 20's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kristina185941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina185941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help TTC over 12 months mid 20's
    Posted: 05 June 2016 at 3:38pm
Help!

I don't know if this is the right place as I am new to this site but just really looking for support and advice.

My husband and I have been TTC for 15 months now for our first. I am charting and using opk but nothing seems to be working.

My cycle is usually between 32-35 days so although longer than most it is pretty regular. On my bbt chart I am yet to get a temp spike (on day 18) but had 2 positive opk on day 16 and 17. This has happened often over our time trying to conceive. Any ideas?

It's starting to get quite disheartening every month and its a comfort to know there are others going through the same that may have some insight.

Hoping for the best and fingers crossed once again.
Sponsored Links

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2016 at 4:08pm
*hugs* Kristina.

It's definitely a good idea to go to your doctor and get the basic checks done - your hubby will need to get his sperm tested to see if he's got enough good ones (you can't tell till you test!). You'll also want to get blood tests to make sure you are ovulating. With a longer cycle it's possible that you have pcos - I'm pcos, but still have 5-6 week cycles. It's always good to get checked so if anything does turn up you can look into getting treatments sooner rather than later. I found I'd get random temperatures on cycles when I wouldn't ovulate, and on cycles when I do ovulate I get a nice temp rise. With a 35 day cycle you'd expect to ovulate around day 21 (depending on your luteal phase - might be a few days earlier or later).

We started trying for #1 when I was 26 (hubby was 25), and found not only did I have pcos, but hubby had low sperm count. We did end up with a natural conception when I was 28 though, so things can sometimes happen.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2016 at 10:10pm
Hi Kristina, Sorry to hear you are havingy trouble. I agree with Mushroom, go see your doc. I also have long cycle of 39 days and it was regular with no problems. I wouldn't have known we had a problem till later and I didn't know I had PCOS till we started trying for our 2nd. We took 14 months to get pregnant for our 1st. So don't loose hope!

Edited by Sweetpea11 - 05 June 2016 at 10:11pm
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
kristina185941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kristina185941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2016 at 7:30am
Thanks ladies
Went to the doctors last week and have ultrasound and blood tests scheduled to get a better idea of what's going on. I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed ☺️
gina218070 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gina218070 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 8:23pm
Being pregnant is a natural process that should or will occur in the time flow. some people do face problems in conceiving which might by due to various reasons like hereditary issues or health issues and so on. there are numerous ways of overcoming these issues nowadays. Although it is a time consuming process if the couples have issues in conceiving, but being pregnant can be timed or speed ed up by following certain timely methods. Recently I came to read something related to this and I do believe those guys have explored most timely ways to conceive faster and make sure that happens. http://www.curejoy.com/content/how-to-get-pregnant-fast/ This seems to help in some way
 Post Reply Post Reply