New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Due in Feb, but don't have Facebook, anyone else?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in Feb, but don't have Facebook, anyone else?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 8:33am
thats great news mami! brilliant that she suggested the scan, and is in line with your birth plans :) you must be happy.
its funny what a week can do, as im now all unsure and worried again.... need to book in for my 12w scan. i could technically sneak in next friday with 11w 5, but may wait for monday.... hmmm.
i would like some of your chill please!
Sponsored Links

snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 5:33pm
hihi, when will you be having your 10week scan? Ive booked in for friday for my 12 week one, i will be 11w5, i have such trepidation for it. wanted it done on friday (11w5 was the earliest my mw said to do it) as i didnt want to wait over the weekend worrying. argh i wish friday was here already!
Mami Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 8:50am
Hi lady!
Sorry I have been slack, my phone is slowly crapping itself so its dead at night when I am lying on the couch and normally post on here haha, been too tired to get up and use PC hahaha. I think my nausea is slowly going, still get it randomly through the day but not as bad, just really tired. I have been having really good, long night sleeps so I am guessing that is helping too. How about you, are you feeling better now?
Yeh I haven't booked scan yet, I might try for Friday will be 9w 6d, as me and the kids are heading up to auckland on monday until wed so the next time will get to go will be wed arvo, don't know if I can wait that long hahaha. And will book 12 week at the same time.
Yay for yours on Friday, all will be fine hun, we've got this far! What time are you going?

x
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 12:25pm
ooh have a friday scan too! mines at 2.30. i only booked yesterday and was worried to get a spot - but they had heaps haha.
i am only signed in on my computer, i can read it on my phone but havent bothered to remember my password to post!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 4:28pm
Yay I just booked for Friday 12pm, was so surprised they had an appointment too! I couldn't wait until wed next week hahaha! Ok check in with you Friday x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 8:44am
Yay for our scans today!!! I'll check back in later! Man all the action is in the pregnant and paranoid thread hahaha, but I'm not that, feel like are missing out though hahaha
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 10:04am
goodluck mami! I need to get out for my blood test this morn, but have an uncooperative preschooler :/
maybe we should rename this thread 'pregnant and optimistic' ;) could get some others to join!!?? hahaha.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 4:56pm
Oh no preschooler having a na na! Did you get out in the end?
How did your scan go? Mine went awesome, happy healthy & moving around which was cute to see. Booked 12 week for the 25th
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 6:13pm
hi! Yay mami! that should be a great start to your trip away!!
yes did make it out, had to try two labtests to find a place without a massive queue!! Scan was all good. Little munchkin was much sleepier than last scan- where lots of arm movements were seen... but little heart was ticking away and the measurements were all really good for the NT part of the scan so that was good. Crazy to think its two months before i go again!! i suppose we have the mw appts to hear heartbeat for reassurance tho eh!
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 8:40am
hows it going mami? school hols treating you well?
Ive got a mw apt next tues. hanging out to hear hb again, as ive gone back into my place of worry... husband was talking about buying a doppler but i kinda think it wold just add to to my stress. you ever used one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 9:34am
Hey!

Oh man, I love and hate school hols haha, the kids and I have been visiting all the fam over the last few days, we got back yesterday! Was nice to see everyone. Got another busy week next week too!
Woo hoo for MW and hearing hb, I go to mine on the 30th, have scan on 25th yay! No I haven't ever owned a doppler, I think it would drive me crazy too!
How come you are worrying again babe?
xx
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 5:15pm
i dont know why. just cos of circumstances of last time i guess. the idea it can be taken away and I'd have no idea.... doing my head in a bit.

glad to hear you had a nice trip away. always makes it nice to be back eh.
were you on ohbaby for any of your other pregnancies? I was back in 2012. people used to hang around a bit longer than organising the fb grp in week 4. haha. how times change eh.
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 5:56pm
Hi snifter - I am a Lurker - I'm a friend of mamis so I just read to check up on how she's doing!

Anyway I have a Doppler and it's amazing when you can find the heartbeat but from about 11 weeks til about 18 weeks you can't always find it! You can usually hear Baby moving around in there though! I wouldn't do without my Doppler as there are times where it's just so reassuring!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 1:10pm
Sorry hun haven't been on the computer!
Naw babes, I do know exactly what you mean though, it just been taken from underneath you, it really leaves a sinking feeling
But, the positive for us both is we have made it over our hump weeks, and we are doing great, that's what I am using as my 'light' anyways We went to this festival of lights last night in tauranga, I had some dumplings from asian stall, and of course started phobing out, but my newly preg sis n law was eating them so I felt I could do the same haha, but of course after I sat n freaked out I was going to get sick! I'm sweet as though!
I forgot anthea had a doppler, she's the best person to consult about that, I myself would go mental if I didn't hear anything, but in antheas case it kept her sane, we are all different xxx
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 5:25pm
hi mami (&anthea!) thanks for your words of advice anthea. I think the panic of not finding it would make me feel more anxious than not looking.... that being said the mw found it in about 0.5secs today so that was a relief! she said if i ever feel anxious to text her and come in when shes in clinic to check it. which was nice. i feel much better now. i think i am starting to believe this will happen!! Your scan is getting closer eh! exciting!
Im not sure if i mentioned the last 3 scans ive had (at 7, 10 and 12) have all shown that the edd was 6 days before the lmp one, but they dont change it unless its 7. Im annoyed cos, i was overdue last time, and evidently the process is you get booked for a c section one week after edd. so if im a week later than i really am, then thats annoying....
rant fin. hahahahahah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 12:01pm
Hello!

Phew, back to normal again, kids are back at school and I have time for me again haha!
Wow, that is freaky re your dates a?? I would ask them to change it, because you don't want them forcing bubs out if it doesn't need to come yet a? Both my kids were nearly 2 weeks over, and MW said my son could have easily done with another week, so lucky he wasn't induced!! My new MW asked if I used to have really long cycles, but I didn't.....so goodness knows what goes on, plus too with my other 2 I didn't have dating scans, our 12 week was the first one we had!
So is this a new thing, you get booked for C-sec if you go a week over, really???? Sheesh! My dates are 2-3 days out, scans are measuring bigger than LMP, but a couple of days is nothing compared to you being pretty much a week. What did your MW say?
Eeeek our scan is at 1 today, so nervous but feeling good, my gosh the mind is so annoying haha. My friend was told at her 12 week (a week ago) that she looks like she is having another girl, apparently you can see a little nub thing and if it points in one direction its a boy, and the other visa versa! I wonder if my person today will let me look and maybe give me an idea hahahaha!

Did you use a front pack with your last bub? I am really keen to get one, but I hear there are all sorts of brands and they need to hold the legs in a certain position because of the hips etc?? I am sure I asked about this in another thread but can't remember where hahaha.
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 6:20pm
hi mami, how did your scan go??
xx

it was me who was talking about front packs. I think ergo, tula and manduca are all good brands for leg position. each of them slightly different, there are comparison charts floating around online xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 8:30pm
Hey, yay it was awesome! Bubs was moving around, kicking its legs on the side of its house, springing all around. It was hilarious! The sonographer was so lovely, she took her time & we had a really long awesome scan. Bubs has huge feet are1cm long haha, our kids have massive long feet, they are going to be tall    im measuring further too, like nearly 13 weeks, so they are considering changing my due date, have you heard any more re yours??
So we told our kids tonight, we showed them scan dvd etc, our big boy was so excited, and our little girl wasn't fussed whatsoever hahaha!
Oh man im such a dumb arss, haha, was that on this thread we talked about it too? My god preggy brain already! !!

How are you feeling? Whens your next mw appointment?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2016 at 8:38am
Hey Snifter,
How's everything going? Did you get your dates sorted? X
snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 9:14am
hiya
ok here. making a pest of myself with mw by going in last week and then will go again tmrw to check hb. haha. ifigure if its not to be found, i would rather have her not find it than me (i dont own a doppler, but that is why).

No chnage on dates. MW cant change it- as scan ppl set it. and scan ppl wont change it unless scan date is 7 days different. and we have been 6 for last three scans. so. it is what it is!
I dont know what i can do about it. if its still like that at 20w, i may talk with mw about changing my approach to delivery.
had spoken about wating as long as possible to go into labour, booking a c section for 1 week over due date (i had an emergency one last time due to a failed induction)- but i may ask to instead do it around 'due date'. if thats allowed! haha!

how are you anyways?? x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>