FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBleeding/clotting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
duckstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleeding/clotting
    Posted: 25 July 2016 at 4:22pm
Hi lovely people ive never posted here before but really want some opinions from your experience, im 8 weeks 3 days (if i havnt lost the baby already) and have been light pink bleeding since thursday last week, yesterday it got a little heavier and today alot more blood and big clots and im feeling crampy but very dull, not very painful. I saw my dr today and she said my cervix is still closed, i will get HCG blood test tomorrow, and another test in a few days. I declined a scan as i would have to travel 2 hours, ill just wait and see what will happen. Has anyone else experienced this? Im absolutley devestated. This was a very unexpected pregnancy but we still wanted it all the same, we already have 4 children ranging from 20 to 7 years old.i look foward to any replies.

Edited by duckstar - 25 July 2016 at 4:23pm
Sponsored Links

snifter2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snifter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 6:24pm
hi- sorry youre going through this- its so emotional and stressful and just awful.
Ive experienced both sides of it- ive had bleeding that got heavier, was never painful - but my cervix wasnt tightly closed and that did end in miscarriage at 6w.
Ive also had a bit of bleeding, including a clot and i thought it was the end- as it was similar to how the first one started, also at about 6w, but the dr said my cervix was closed and a scan showed that all was ok.
There are lots of reasons why bleeding can happen in the first trimester. I think the fact your cervix was closed is a good sign and hope remains xxx
duckstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 7:11pm
Thank you for your kind reply. It's been a roller coaster of a week and it's not over yet.
MountTaylor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 7:53pm
Duckstar, it normally is described as a Subchorionic Hemmorhage. I have had them go both ways (Full term and miscarriage). My sister has also had a clot at 6 weeks, kept passing clot for 1-2 weeks and kept her pregnancy. It can be seen as a good thing that you are passing pieces of clot as it can mean the clot is breaking down, it can be incredibly scary as it seems so unnatural to pass big pieces of tissue. I have done extensive research on them and have had referrals to Maternal health over them, they are relatively common and scientifically there is no greater chance of miscarriage with a small or moderate sized clot, there is even some argument that there is no link to higher Mc rates with large clots either. Good luck to you and fingers crossed that it's just the clot breaking down and doing its thing.
TTC#2 - 3rd Letrozole cycle since MC
MC + D&C after SCH - 9w3d March 16
Four letrozole cycles - Oct 2015 - Jan 2016
MC - 8 weeks - October 2015
First beautiful baby girl - born Nov 2014
Miscarriage
duckstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 8:00pm
Thanks so much for your reply also, i passed the last clot around 1pm this afternoon and the bleeding has all but stopped.......for now, i keep waiting for the pain to start and lose everything. Im still slightly hopeful but am exhausted from worry. So glad we havnt announced the pregnancy yet, ive only told 2 close friends and my sisters, now i guess that if nothing else happens i just wait for blood results in the next few days. I should mention that i am 41 and thought my baby days were over, perhaps its my age catching up with me, thankfully my husband has been an amazing support and stayed home with me all day today.
MountTaylor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 9:02am
That sounds really good. I have to tell you, with my last MC I was worried that I wouldn't know if it was clot or baby, you will know it was very easy to tell once I did pass baby, I was 9+3 but that's not far on from where you are at. If it looked like clot then it was definitely clot, so it sounds like things are looking up. Good luck, and fingers crossed the next few days fly by.
TTC#2 - 3rd Letrozole cycle since MC
MC + D&C after SCH - 9w3d March 16
Four letrozole cycles - Oct 2015 - Jan 2016
MC - 8 weeks - October 2015
First beautiful baby girl - born Nov 2014
Miscarriage
duckstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 9:44am
Thanks yes i just has first blood test, hopefully some news tomorrow,
duckstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 11:38am
You wouldnt believe it but i got home from blood test and the nurse called me to say she had not name labled my sample straight away and couldnt be 100% she has my blood,so i went back to do another one, i had to laugh really,
duckstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 12:18pm
HCG levels are 150, I had another blood test today. It's way to low so i guess that I am miscarrying this pregnancy. Thank you for all your kind words.
 Post Reply Post Reply