FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedconflicting dates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KellyMelissaHall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyMelissaHall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: conflicting dates
    Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:03pm
Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit confused as we now have 3 potential GA not sure so I'm just wondering if anyone has had same experience as me. I have been tracking my cycles for 3 months and fell pregnant a lot quicker than expected. Based on my LMP and calculated ovulation I should be 8 weeks today, I had blood tests 3 weeks ago with an hcg level of 530 which supported mine and doctors guess of 5 weeks at the time. also had been nauseous and sore boobs for 2 weeks at that stage. Had a dating scan yesterday to confirm but my wee smudge was only 4mm long indicating GA 5wks 6 days, but also on the scan was an AUA of 6wks 4days. we were very lucky to see and hear a strong heartbeat of 106bpm. I'm confused as to which date seems most plausible even though i know its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. it seems weird that my hcg level of 530 now appears to have been taken at 3 weeks when it is only expected to be 5-50.
Sponsored Links

antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 6:32am
I would as for a repeat scan. Baby is so tiny at that size and the scan people can easily not measure it correctly. But also hcgs can be so different for different people so being told it was correct for 5 weeks is odd. My friend and I were pregnant at the same time and her hcgs were at least 4 times what mine were. Also you can ovulate early. There are so many different options which I know doesn't help you.

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 9:41am
Hi Kelly,

A HCG of 530 would be closer to 4 weeks than 5 weeks (on average - as Anthea said it varies a lot!). With your scan they have dated you as 6 weeks 4 days (they go off the average fro the scan). So I'd say you are actually just over 7 weeks pregnant, and the scan is measuring a bit behind (measurement error or slower starter) by just under a week.

As a note on the early scans, that is the date that will be used to officially calculate your due date, so work off that one. Both my early dating scans have been behind where I actually was (by almost a week), so I think it's pretty normal. All my later scans show baby being in line with my personal calculated date. When I had my son (on his official due date) his observed age was 41 weeks which is what I thought! Unless your 12 week scan is out by over a week they won't change your official due date.

According to the dating scan, my current pregnancy HCG was 170 at 3w2d and 600 at 3w5d, which don't agree with the dating scan at all (out by almost a week), but I've still been stuck with my dating scan due date. Was concerned that something was wrong when baby measured 'behind', but was just the inaccuracy of the scan.

Hope this helps!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply