FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUpdate on house

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 9:06am
Ohhhh....forgot to mention, been to the docs yesterday and she said that my bub is 1/5th engaged. So it is waiting game now for me......

Sponsored Links

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 11:00am
omg, how exciting!! It is getting closer and closer for you both!! I can't wait!! heeheehee

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 11:05am
Hi everyone.
Well, I'm still very pregnant and getting rather frustrated.
I have swelling of the legs and my blood pressure is going up. I have tryed quite a few of the natural remedies to get things started but no luck. Dont say castor oil because everything I've read says it wont work and give wicked constipation.
My midwife is coming over tomorrow to discus what I want done(as in induction etc).
As for the house, well, we're slowly getting things unpacked and sorted. Babys room is ready(and waiting). We had a bit of a slack weekend, only doing small easy stuff but by yesterday afternoon we were getting rather fidgety and for the first time in,,,,, I dont know how long, I said I was bored. I think its just the waiting thats getting to me. Cricky all I've done this year is wait. Wait for people to turn up or ring etc.
We have telecom coming round today, to give us a quote on how much to run the cables up to the house. I hope its not going to cost too much as I'm really missing the computer and being able to catch up with you girls.
Anyone got other suggestions on how to get this baby to hurry up????

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 11:11am
Bonnie...nice to hear that you were Bored!!!
I was thinking about you this weekend and wondering if you had your bub....

I am in so much pain right now, specially when I walk, I am ready to have my bub!!!

And yah I hope you have some good advice from these ladies as I might have to use them myself.....LOL

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:07pm
Theres always the ummmm "relations" apparently a hot curry has been said to work?? long walks.... I dunno, I never had to wait as Joey surprised us!

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:14pm
My midwife said the best thing was lots and lots of sex - semen softens the "plug" and the hormones released during female orgasms stimulate contractions. Nathaniel was more than happy to cooperate!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:18pm
walk. mum dragged me round town all day the day before i went into labour with han.

just take comfort in the fact that the baby has to come some time soon!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:36pm
i'm probably the wrong person to ask...we tried EVERYTHING and Jake had to beinduced. my m/w broke my waters and a few hours later he was here...but be warned, you have o lead up to the contractions...fine and then WOAH!!!
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:45pm
Apparently semen contains prostoglandins which are the hormones they use for inductions - so get to it ladies... shag like your life depends on it!!!
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:51pm
After all, it's all his fault you now feel so foul, so the least he can do is help you feel better!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 1:08pm
Exactly!!!
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:14pm
Hmm, think I'm going to have to try this - dont know how excited hubby will be about that idea tho! He knows how uncomfy I am and is still convinced that the baby is somehow going to be psychologically traumatised!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:15pm
Bonnie - great to hear from you by the way! I thought you might have had it by now! Glad that the house is getting there and that you actually had the time to be bored! Good luck!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:48pm
Same here Aimee.....I have been walking funny and moaning at night. Hubby knows I am in pain so if I told him that lets have "relations" he would tell me I am nuts?!?!?! And since the baby's head is down.....it might hurt the baby......so I doubt we will use that to hurry my labour! LOL

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:56pm
Apparently I moan in my sleep a lot now, dont know why If I get really desperate, may just have to make him do it, cos like someone else said, he started it!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 3:00pm
May help, but I've also heard it takes a bucket of spem to get enough progestrones (or what ever it is) to make stuff happen
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 3:20pm
Thats a lot of sex!! Dont think I'm quite up to that! Just went for a nice walk around the block - everyone stares at me I would probably stare too it I saw me waddling down the street tho! My MIL keeps telling me to take castor oil, but I sooo dont want to go there. Would prob just end up with a bad case of diarrhoea - I figure the baby wont come til its ready, so I just have to wait.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 3:44pm
They also say nipple stimulation and the big O can bring on labour. Hey i say go for the sex. Believe me it will be the last time in a long while you will have it. And it will certainly be the last time in years that you will have the chance to do it without the fear of being interupted.............. oh to have day time nooky again.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 4:00pm
lolol.. well - i had stayed at home for days when i was expecting ayja. then, i went out on the tuesday - walked all around town cos i was sick of sitting waiting, and i had stuff i needed to do. that night I had "relations" lol. and 2 hrs later woke up in labour - so hey, maybe a combined approach is the way to go.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 4:03pm
i drank castor oil...mixed with OJ - disgusting combo, but at least the OJ was so strong it disguised the taste...but no baby!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>