FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAug 06 Toddlers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aug 06 Toddlers!
    Posted: 23 July 2007 at 3:29pm
Ok so us Aug Mums haven't been very good at posting in the other section but our babies are the next to become toddlers!!! Wow how time flies! So let's take the lead from the July Mums and start posting about what our clever little poppets are up to :)

Maybe this can be made into a sticky??

I'll start us off. My girl has started walking holding only one hand so it's probably a matter of days / weeks until she walks independently. She has decided to skip crawling for now but we'll do games and activities to make up for it later. She is finally starting to settle and seems to grizzle less the more she walks. She is growing well but still doesn't eat much and certainly doesn't like textures or finger foods. Sleep is going really well, we are really blessed in that regard. She says several words and her favourite game is to run full speed ahead into Mummy and say "boof" on impact! Her Daddy taught her that trick. Hard to believe she's almost 1 though!
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Sponsored Links

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:18am
Originally posted by FionaS FionaS wrote:

her favourite game is to run full speed ahead into Mummy and say "boof" on impact! Her Daddy taught her that trick.

cute!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 10:08am
oh know I think it is kinda sad that we have made in to toddler already.  As for my little boy apart form being not well for quite sometime he is doing good not really into walking as yet find's crawling faster.  We are in the middle of popping those big back mollar's poor wee man is having a hard time with it.    He is a happy wee boy who loves his  food.    He can say up.  which is very cute.  He can also say dadda.  Well he is trying to play with the computer so better go.  I must admit i am a little sad we are here already.
Deborah Mum to:

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:03am
If we don't get many of us in this thread maybe we can join in the July toddlers group?? (pretty please??)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:36am

I am happy if you want to come and chat with us, I am sure the rest will be the same!

Loving the 'Boof" Fiona!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 12:04am
Happy birthday August toddlers for very soon! Sticky!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 6:11am
hello fellow august *sob* toddler mumma's fiona, gabrielle sounds gorgeous
deb, mikey saying up!! CUTE!!! he is definatly a very happy baby from when i met him

kayla LOVES her food too, anyting we eat she wants cant sneak anything past her anymore or i heara little grunt!! lol- wee piggy. she likes to feed herself, often when im feeding her she will pack a right spazz and only be happy if she doing it by herself, which is very very messy but she is so cute that the mess doesnt matter kayla is a very happy little girl too awe, im so in love with my little girl
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:19am
We have a very picky eater here. She won't eat any finger foods except toast and bikkies. I tried making her some mini muffins as I thought they'd be healthier than biscuits but nope, straight on the floor. She knows what to do with finger food but if she doesn't like the feel of it (e.g. fruit, veg, meat, cheese) she simply throws it without even tasting it. If I try to put it in her mouth she gets mad. I still puree everything but try to sneak in soft chunks every meal.

Elle is still breastfed but I'm thinking of starting to wean but am not too sure how to go about it and what formula to use. She won't really drink water or juice. She prefers a bottle but will drink from a sippy cup but still hasn't learnt to tip it so I always have to hold it for her.
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:40am
Doh! I just put my first post in aaaaages back in the babies thread.
Maybe I'll just copy and paste...
Nice to see you all in here tho!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:42am
Awwww, our babies are not babies anymore!
I can't believe nearly a whole year has passed since we were queuing up to have our little ones, it just doesn't seem that long!

Lovely pics Rach, Kayla looks like such a happy wee girl!
You and Deb must have had a fantastic time catching up in person. Jealous!!

Kel its great to hear how well Blake is doing now! Mothercraft sounds like a fantastic place. I wish there was something like that here in Auckland, it would have made things so much better for me 5 months ago!

Good to see you too Chonni! Are you trying again? Woohoo, more babies!

Benjy is doing wonderfully. He got up and walked about a month ago and is now running everywhere.
He has 3 teeth and is slowly working on his 4th.
He eats like a horse, probably more than Ella does actually, and has weaned himself down to just 1 breastfeed a day. (Bit sad about that, but I'm glad we've managed to do it for this long!)
He is a gorgeous placid little guy. Just sits back and takes everything in, doesn't really make much of a fuss about things unless he wants food, or he's got himself stuck somewhere or Ella is hurting him.
He's also very determined, when he wants something he will try and try and try until he gets it. Very much like his Daddy I think!
Oh and he is mostly sleeping through the night too, WOOHOO!
Hope all you other Mummies are well, ((((HUGS)))) to you and your bubbies!

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 9:23pm
HI Guys,
Mel, i live in auckland if you ever wanna meet up?

I don't want my baby to be a toddler:(

I wanna stop him

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 9:14pm
happy birthday benjy

argh! we are into our bubba's birthday month now oh my goodness i dont realise how much of a sook i am sometimes. i just read back on our august babies thread, brought me happy/sad tears. great memory of those early days with our babes. oh my gosh i soooooooooooooo want another!!! lol. i miss the tiny little newborn, miss the new smell (k still has hwer smell but its ot as fresh!!) miss the cute little cry... ok i dont miss the sore nipples and the constant waking, but it is all so special. i have 2 close cousins due to have babies this month and it just brings back how i was this time last year.

kayla has cut her 3rd tooth, a big top front one and it was awful, poor thing. hopefully she'll be sleeping better again soon.
having her party on sunday with family and friends. will do something special just with my family on her actual birthday.

sooooooooooooo emotional. i dont remember feeling so sad when my others were turning one, well i was with emma but it was for different reason, my grandma got very sick just before emmas 1st birthday and i was in wellington with my mum while em was celebrating with her dadddy.

ok i'm just sitting here yapping away, must sign off

take care everyone,
-rach and kayla xxoo-
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 9:52pm
wow it's hard to believe it's august already!

I'm a bit of a sook rach. I've been teary a lot lately. Bit emotional about my long awaited for (kinda) baby to turn one. I want him to stay little :(

Well, we really unsettled at the moment. Not sure what's going on, but goes to sleep in evening then wakes an hour later and screams for an hour. Any ideas?

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 8:13am

Well we have split our boy's up to try to keep Alan in his bedroon longer in the morning's.  we have set all his toy's and puzzles up he was so cute last night playing instead of going to bed.  Porr Mikey on the other hand took ages to settle I think he missed his big brother.  As for us we have 11 teeth and i think number 12 is about to arrive.  I so know what you mean Rach about wanting another bubba.  we are taking a break however nedd to sort a few thing's out first.

well better go Alan want's to have some breaky  Chat later.

Deborah Mum to:

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 8:56am
Morning Everyone,

Chonny I'd love to meet up sometime! Would be great to get our boys together!

I can't believe he is one already! Time just goes so fast.
I can't stop hugging him and remembering the day he was born. He might well be my last baby, so its very emotional for me.
At the same time, I am so excited about the person he is becoming. He is very adventurous now. He's learned how to push one of Ella's little chairs up to things and climbs on it to get up. Couches, coffee table, piano.. so scary!
He also LOOOOOVES switches. Such a little dangermouse!
I'd better stop rambling on, heaps to do today!

Hugs to you all,

Mel

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 12:10pm
I Know what you mean about giving lots of cuddles mel. I can't stop hugging vincent and telling him i lvoe him. Deb, hope things ok. We not actively trying at the moment. I haev joined an extreme trampoline class to try and get fit. But as soon as i get pregnant i will have to stop. Not allowed to bounce while pregnant apparently. But it's heaps of fun, so i'm not kind of pushing things, plus marriage not the best so i'm a bit scared to throw another baby into the mix.

Well, probably tmi but oh well.

Have a great day ladies,

Chonny

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by chonny chonny wrote:

wow it's hard to believe it's august already!

I'm a bit of a sook rach. I've been teary a lot lately. Bit emotional about my long awaited for (kinda) baby to turn one. I want him to stay little :(

Well, we really unsettled at the moment. Not sure what's going on, but goes to sleep in evening then wakes an hour later and screams for an hour. Any ideas?

Screaming one hour into night sleep sounds like night terrors...is he going to be a bit overtired?

We are very unsettled here too...LOOOOOTS of crying going on. We cut a top tooth yesterday though so perhap that has something to do with it
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 7:27am
deb- me and carlo are going to not try for another baby, we have decided... as in not "plan" for a baby but we wont do much to prevent it either. but if we do plan another i think i will wait till novemberish, i really want to drop a whole heap of weight, starting to feel real down about myself so want to do everything i can to make myself happy first, and would pefer not to have a baby in the cold of winter, i liked august (kayla)and october (jade) so if i started trying november again it would be those months..

Kayla is so clingy, still having problems with her at night, she wakes and will only settle when she gets in bed with me, and sometimes then she will stop screaming the house down but thinks its playtime and crawls all around the bed. i want to break that habbit as fast as i can- jade STILL gets in to bed with me and she turns 5 in less than 2 months. she went through a good patch when she would only come in as it was morning and has slowly got back into 12 or 1am... and it drives me insane!! i know its my fault for allowing her to sleep with me back in the day when carlo did 1am starts and i HATED being alone, and he still does early's so i find it yuck dealing with screaming kids alone at night and prefer just to keep peace and let them stay... vicious cycle, but i do have to bve strong cause its affecting my sleep, i dont sleep much at night.

k- i really could chat all morning but i gotta get my girls ready for the day...

hope you all have great days,
rach

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 8:39am
can't ralk now, but ditto Rach I have just been trying to break ALan out of the habbit DH doing early start's it so cold on your own so I love Alan coming to see me trouble is he won't go back to sleep anymore.will tell you about it later.  2 more sleep's till my baby one.
Deborah Mum to:

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 9:04am
Morning Ladies,
I used to bring Vincent in with me in the morning if he woke about 6am, but soon discovered he just wanted to play too. SO now have decided will get up and feed him, then i get to at least go back to bed for a bit.

Sprained my ankle last night and on crutches for the next couple of days so life is oging to be fun. Vincent still asleep in bed which is great as had a rough night again alst night.

Enjoy your days ladies,

Chonny

p.s Happy birthday to all those over the next few days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>