FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedplay ideas for babies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: play ideas for babies
    Posted: 18 September 2009 at 10:22am
DD is 8 1/2 months old. Id love to know of some play ideas, other than baby toys she has.

Sponsored Links

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 12:39pm
Get up and dance with her, roll her from side to side - great for mental development

A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Mel24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 1:01pm
When its warm, water play is so much fun - make some ice and put some warm water in the baby bath. Use food colouring to have fun with colours. Use a range of kitchen little containers etc.

Messy play with jelly etc is cool :) We have heaps of fun with paint too! Very messy but worth it.

Playing with leaves and flowers - just have to be a bit careful about what goes in the mouth.

We also have a music time sometimes. My wee girl loves playing the piano.
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 8:21pm
We love swimming, great fun for both of us

Just made his first lot of playdough, and he pokes it and is really hesitant of it, so thats a start lol. Hasnt tried to eat it yet

Painting is fun when you in the mood for mess, and the grandparents love the pictures hehe. We do both finger/hand/feet/body painting and sometimes i try and get him to hold the brush.

Jelly. more fun to play with than to eat.

Love to hear some more ideas for this age group :)
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 9:11pm
Ollie LOVES having tummy time in the shower, he isn't a big fan of tummy time in general but if I put him in the shower he spends ages down there. Good excuse to have a nice long hot shower too He also loves splashing in the bath.

Also he is totally entertained if I put him in front of a mirror. I often take the one off the wall in our hallway and put it in front of him in the lounge, another way I can get him to have decent tummy time.

I also got coke bottles, and put different things in them... rice in one, pasta in one, chickpeas in one. Ollie loves shaking/banging them and hearing the different noises.

Nursery rhymes are a winner here, especially row, row, row your boat. And "this little piggy".

Hmm... trying to put pegs in a bottle.

That's all I can think of just now
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 9:41pm
posting things into boxes with slots. taine was forever "posting" things n places - the catdoor, dad's subwoofer (hehe). we got him a box and put a slot into it - much cheaper than the constant repairs to the dvd player
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 1:26pm
you can get zip lock bags and put things like paint and glitter and things into them then they can squsih them around with out the mess.

We like playing with shaving foam, put heaps of it in somewhere like the bath and let her play in it.
My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 8:15pm
shaving foam is a great idea i always forget about that!

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
Jason104416 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason104416 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 12:54am
nice suggestions from you all...:)
victor123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victor123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 4:29am
Creating Treasure Baskets for 6-18 month olds,Exploring a new Treasure Basket
Painting and Investigating with Edible Finger Paint, Exploring and Creating With Stickers,Squishing and Tasting a Big Bowl of Jelly.I hope you have been inspired with some new ways to play with your baby!
ChristoperRu119648 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristoperRu119648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 10:49pm
You can get so many impressive and enjoyable play ideas for your baby at http://bedazzledkids.com/ and here you can also get furniture ideas for your baby.
Caysarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caysarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 12:07pm
Messy play made from corn flour, water and some food colouring is a safe one to use with young children, as it doesn't matter if they ingest it. You could always omit the food colouring too it you wanted. It's great fun, as it's somewhat solid when on a surface such as a table and you can poke it, but if you try to pick it up it's gooey.

I'm an early childhood teacher, so have all sorts of great ideas if you want more! I work with 3-5 year olds, but have ideas for younger children too.
lauralaneOn199141 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauralaneOn199141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 11:09pm
There are many fun games that you can try with your toddlers
Some of them are-
1.Emptying and Filling a Material Box
2.Playing with mirrors and reflection
3.Sorting and Stacking Nesting Bowls
4.Dropping and Posting Objects
5.Rolling a Discovery Bottle
 Post Reply Post Reply