FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest formula for reflux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 5:04pm
Yeah I did some pretty vicious rocking as well. You do what works.

To help keep the meds in, syringe in the side of the mouth works where as straight on the tongue doesn't...found that one out first hand last night. We've been on Gaviscon for 2 days now & last night we got a sleep from 12-4.30am...a first in 10 months!!

Did you get some formula Berg?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Sponsored Links

Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 7:56pm
Hey ladies! Yeah i put him on the HA formula this morning, and i tell you, he hasn't ever slept as much! Hes been pretty much sleeping allll day long! Its such a great feeling Im waiting to see how much sleep i get tonight, hopefully a few more hours that i have (mostly haven't) been getting! I know its bad putting babies on formula and most people are against it, but this is great i don't care what anyone says!

Wait till my MW comes on wed, she is NOT going to be happy with me at all! Im in for a big growling hehe

I've been using those tommee tippee closer to nature booby bottles and hes taken them really well, golps it down except for the leakages out the side, he just forgets to swallow sometimes i think! The supermarket didn't have any AR formula so i'll get the karicare HR-AR formula next time, because he does still cry for a few mins in pain like hes trying to push a baby out and see if that helps even more!
Bberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 8:14pm
That's great Berg! I really hope the good sleeps continue for you. We use the same bottles and have noticed the leakage out the sides too, we've tried a few other bottles but our girl still prefers the C2N ones over any others. And don't worry about the BF Nazi's. You know what is best for you and your baby better than anyone else does so keep trusting yourself and your instincts.
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 9:08pm
if you dont have future luck with that formula we used Novalac reflux formula, my pead gave me a tin to try and we stuck to it, I tried other thicker formulas from the supermarket but found them hard to mix and quite gluggy, the novalac you get from the chemist and Ive also seen it at countdown.

Also have you tried the losec granules rather than the liquid? you may have already said that sorry if Im repeating a question, havent fully read all of this thread, but Jayden hated the liquid form and wouldnt take it but he ended up having the losec granules that I mixed with baby pear from 6 weeks old and that worked a treat.

Have you been to the crying with spilt milk website? very useful info on there for reflux

All the best reflux sucks!
[/url]
littleLittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleLittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 9:47pm
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents as well and say that I'm using Karicare AR formula and it has been a god send! As soon as I put DS on it he was like a different baby.

And don't let your midwife bully you about switching to formula! You do what's best for you and your baby and formula will work for some babies with reflux but not for others. I suffered from terrible guilt for months about not BFing but at the end of the day I had a happier baby and was a happier mummy so it was the best result for us.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 10:11pm
Berg, I would hope that your MW will be supportive of your decision especially if he's improved so much!

Great that he's sleeping & crossed fingers that he keep sleeping for you
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 8:21pm
We were also using the Karicare AR formula and it was really good (G is also on losec). Though she did have some trouble with it being too thick to drink as she has a really weak suck (prem baby) even though I b/f for 6 months and only put her on the AR formula at 7 months.

We switched to the Karicare Gold formula at 9 months and thickened it with the Karicare food thickner (you get it from pharmacys as the supermarket doesn't stock it). Not sure from your post whether you have fully switched to forumla feeding or not but you can use the food thickener when you are b/f as well - just mix some up and give it to bubs before a feed. It helps everything to stay down a bit better. The lady I spoke to on the Nutricia help line was great and she even sent me a free tin of thickener to try when I asked her about it.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 8:23pm
PS I sympathise too with the crying in pain when feeding thing - Gabrielle used to take a few sucks, scream, take a few more, scream and then refuse to feed. It was horrible. Hope things get better for you from now on.
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2009 at 9:14pm
just a question, does the karicare ar formula make them constipated? I tried him on the hr formula, screams half the day, and his poo's have gone army colour green, so im now trying the ar formula
tarayadao226369 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarayadao226369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 7:03pm
There are a lot of formula for spit up and gas in the market, and what works for others may not work for you. It's best to read through reviews or asky your pedia for suggestions. My baby was always spitting up, so we decided to change his position when feeding, which didn't help. I notice the spit up lessened when he started on solids.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12