FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecipes for 12+ months

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipes for 12+ months
    Posted: 17 April 2011 at 9:22pm
As requested here is a place to give each other some ideas on what to feed our wee ones.

Post your recipes and food ideas for your 12+ months babies here

Sponsored Links

bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 11:10am
I make "Pitiful Marmite" a lot:
Toast then split a wholemeal pita, spread each half with marmite, top with cheese and nuke for 40 seconds, then cut into strips.

And these really cheap and easy "wheetbix muffins":
Soak 100g crushed wheetbix, 1 cup chopped fruit (I used apple, raisins and dried apricots), 1.5 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar overnight
In the morning add 1.25 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and a little more milk if needed to make a muffin batter - don't overmix. Bake at 180 for 20-25 minutes.

Will try the pork muffins, we have a 13 month old who does not like to be fed (wants to do everything herself), so any finger food ideas most appreciated!

HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 8:23pm
My son has alot of food allergies so I need to be really creative when making meals for him.

One of his favs is a vege pasta bake. I boil whatever veges we have in the fridge (last night was carrot, kumara and courgette) and mix in pasta and a cheese sauce. In his case it is gluten, egg and dairy free but still tastes yummy.

I also do baking one night a week, and make mini fruit muffins, rice bubble crunch, date loaf etc so he has a sweet treat every now and then.

Birdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 4:32pm
These meatballs are really easy to make and can be frozen. Can also cook pasta and make a tomato sauce to go with them if you like :)

For 32 small meatballs

2-3 thick slices of bread or crust ends
1 medium onion
1 tsp marjoram or oregano
3/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
500g minced lamb or beef

Turn the oven to 220 degrees C. Break the bread crusts into smaller pieces and chop finely in a food processor. Add the onion and chop finely. Add the herb, salt and egg and mix briefly, then add the minced meat in 4 or 5 chunks and mix in bursts till everything is combined (over mixing toughens the meatballs) Divide mixture into quarters, eighths, sixteenths and then thirty two meatballs, rolling them with wet hands.

Bake in one layer in an uncovered pan lined with baking paper for 12 - 15 minutes or until a halved meatball is no longer pink in the middle!

You can make a tomato sauce by chopping an onion finely and cook for 5 , stir in 1 Tbl sp of flour, then add a 400g can of tomatoes in juice and 1 tsp sugar. Simmer for 5 mins, chopping or mashing tomatoes.

MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 8:31pm
Double post

Edited by MrsJMcD
MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 8:48pm
Ooh I'll try those meatballs!
I make shepherds pie with mince, onion, grated carrot, dried herbs, garlic and tinned tomatoes and, because ds isn't a big fan of potatoes I do mashed pumpkin, kumara and parsnip on top.
tanialnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanialnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 8:14pm
I buy all my veggies in one go and then cut them all up and put a mixture into small sandwich bags and then pop them in the freezer (uncooked). I also buy hot smoked salmon (my little boy hates meat but loves fish) cut it into small portions and also freeze it. That way I just take out a vege mix and a salmon pop them in a steam bag in the microwave and dinner is ready in just 2 mins! I blend them a wee bit too and sometime add a little olive oil or omega oil. My little boy loves it! I mix the veges with all sorts of fish and sometime sneak in some chicken but he usually knows
I like to buy organic (if I can afford it) but got sick of things going off, this way nothing does and I know my little boy is eating well. I usually buy broccoli, pumpkin, squash and spinach.
I also freeze fruit and that works well, ceres peaches are great I put a couple in a small bag and freeze them. They are great to take if you are going out and they are good frozen for teething.
I know it's not really recipe ideas but just some things that I found useful
Oh and eggy bread is a great hit for breakfast or french toast I think it's called. Just dip the bread in the egg and pop under the grill or in a pan.

Edited by tanialnz
Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 8:47pm
Great thread idea, I must remember that I can hide swede and parsnip in mashed spud!

My little guy loves smoked fish pie.

1 can of smoked fish fillets
White sauce to mix
Veges as you like (we do peas, carrots and corn)
Boiled egg (if you wish)

Mix together until sticky and put in ramikin dishes.

Top with mashed veges (normally potato but sometimes I hide kuamara in there)

Grill in oven.

It makes plenty so sometime I freeze portions and other times we eat the rest for dinner. It works out as a very cheap meal.

Proteinsforh104632 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proteinsforh104632 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 7:14pm
I am share about some ideas Healthy and delicious recipes for babies 9 to 12 months. ... Combining broccoli with creamy mashed potato and cheese is a great baby food recipe.

Pumpkin makes a great baby food that's loaded with Vitamin A & many other important nutrients.

One cup of peas contains more protein that a tablespoon of peanut butter and also provides calcium, Vitamin A and C and Iron too.

Winter Squash is a wonderful, nutritious first food for your baby.
Glorified Feeder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glorified Feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 9:38am
i have an 18 month old that has always "inspired" me to think beyond the box with recipes with his difficult feeding habits! I have picked through tried and tested recipes and posted them on a blog to help out any fellow mothers looking for some ideas - http://glorifiedfeeder.wordpress.com/

enjoy :) and thanks for sharing all yours! http://glorifiedfeeder.wordpress.com/

Edited by billiejean - 13 February 2013 at 9:40am
natwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 11:32pm
Some of these sound great, I usually use already made meals and meals where you just mix with milk like http://www.justfreebies.com/free-enfagrow-sample/ its really good x
 Post Reply Post Reply