FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDouble Buggy - Phil & Ted Vs Mountain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amesz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amesz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double Buggy - Phil & Ted Vs Mountain
    Posted: 23 March 2012 at 3:11pm
Ok, so this most likley has been discuss a lot but. Now the Mountain buggy plus one has been out for a while. Anyone has any reviews on it.
I'm looking a either the Phil & Ted explorer double or the Mountain buggy +one.

The one review online is this

"Now, here is where our one (and only!) complaint/concern is about the +one. There is a gap in which the +one isn’t suitable for 2 children. It’s a given that the +one isn’t suitable for two newborns because the front seat doesn’t recline when there is a rear rider. That isn’t our problem. The problem lies when you want to use the stroller with a toddler and a newborn (one of the most popular uses!) While the cocoon accommodates a newborn up to 15 lbs, we think a baby could outgrow it around 3 months. Since the only other option for a baby in the stroller seats (whether in the front or back) in doubles mode is to sit completely upright. A baby under 6 months should be laying flat or reclined. So, if you are using the +one, just know that you may have a 3 month period that you will have to prop your baby upright in a seat or just hope they are small enough and willing enough to remain in the cocoon until 6 months. It’s definitely not a deal breaker for us but definitely worth a mention."

Anyone been using the MB +1 and found this a problem?
Sponsored Links

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 7:56pm
you have probably read my post about the explorer (latest...ANOTHER new frame & wheels- my third now!) but was talking about it to the lady at kiwibaby last week and told her about my situation, and said I wish I had bought the plus1, she said the plus1 was crap. Then I said my next choice was the MB duet (small side-by-side) and she said it was an AWESOME pram. It looks really wide, but I backed it up to my single valco, and they are the exact same width, so just a trick of the eye. Def check out the Duet, if you are walking on uneven terrain or do a lot of walking the explorer is rubbish. If you can pick up a second hand sport or E3, that would be even better :-)

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 7:57pm
oh and duet being side-by-side means easy with babies of any age. Think you can also attach capsules/cocoons too...can you tell I want one? ;-)

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 5:06pm
I had also heard the +1 is crap, a friend has one and hates it.

I didn't want a side by side so I was pretty limited, but I have an Explorer which we absolutely love (but we do zero off roading, only use it on footpaths and malls etc) its fantastic and we wouldnt be without it.

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 7:54pm
lol does your friend want to swap with me Mrs Emma? She can have a pretty much brand new explorer ;-) The +1 has to be better!

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 8:47pm
Haha squoggs, I'll put it to her and see what she says

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 12:34pm
lol Mrs Emma ;-)

Back to the original topic....P&T explorer...we thought that it was supposed to be the top of the line P&T for offroad use, which it isnt (2 friends just had their frames replaced too) you would be just as well off getting the classic or a dash, infact probably better off. The inline double thing is good for nb & toddler, but now DS is wanting to see more of whats going on. Also the toddler seat on top for the explorer is really vertical, the dash seat is more reclined - good if you want them to sleep in it

Red10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 3:45pm
ok so I have no idea why in the forums it says im a guest and not my forum name but anyway been meaning to reply in this thread cos I too thought that about the +one when it came out, wondered if the baby could semi recline in the back seat instead of lying flat in the cocoon.....only have one child but would have loved the +one for when number 2 comes along. We have the terrain mountain buggy, and I have to say I love it, love the big wheels you can go nearly anywhere, thats one thing I would miss if I had to change, bought it at the end of 2010 and was so annoyed shortly after that they bought out the +one.   What does your friend hate about the +0ne Mrs Emma, im sure you could tell us things that the shop retailer wouldnt, and you wouldnt find out till you got it home!!

Have you sussed it out in the shops Amesz?? Ive only ever had a really quick glipse at it and it looked like it did recline in the back and was adjustable, but like I say only a quick glimpse.
red1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 3:50pm
ok so not sure whats going on there but that comment ^^^^^^^^^was from me and apparently I have to log ins with OB...so weird!!!
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 8:30pm
I have one like this E3v2 Phil & T
and have found it really good over my 3 kids.
ATM youngest is 5months and he is good in either cocoon semi/flat for naps or in the front seat / semi reclined.
I recommend the phil & ted sponge ted thou.

Id never buy a pram brand new again they are so much $$$

You will proberly find a better condition one and closer to where you live but here is a trademe link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/baby-gear/prams-strollers/three-wheel-strollers/auction-461259828.htm
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 8:31pm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/baby-gear/prams-strollers/three-wheel-strollers/auction-461695339.htm

all the parts are on philandteds.com for sale
Amesz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amesz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 2:58pm
Guest -- The mountain buggy plus 1 dosen't recline at all. That has me re thinking it big time. Haven't been out to the shops and have a good look around yet. May try this weekend.

A friend of mine has a baby jogger with the 2nd seat and she really like its. So now even more confused.
AmandaMcCorm147432 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaMcCorm147432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2014 at 11:15am
I have a mountain buggy + one and I am just about to take my three month old and my year old niece to the park, if you use the adjustable clip and not the bar you can slightly recline the front seat
CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 3:48pm
I read the reviews on www.productreview.com.au and I remember people saying the newborn doesn't fit in the back after a few months & then you can only start using it again for two once the baby can sit up.

CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 3:49pm
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/mountain-buggy-one.html

Post Reply Post Reply