FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454647
Author
#KatieB# View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #KatieB# Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 7:02am
Morning ladies!
Havent been on here for a wee while...hope everyone is well :) Just after a wee bit of advise if anyone can offer any - until a few weeks ago I have not been a tot interested in a water birth, however, as i get bigger and what not I find I am having baths far more often to relax and get more comfortable in my tight skin...does this mean I should consider a water birth??? Thing is, in chch there are only 2 water birthing suites and both have extremely average beds - obviously because you would be in the water...thoughts? feelings?
Thanks heaps :)
Sponsored Links

Mountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 9:57am
Hello lovely ladies, I'm not sure if you will remember me from the start of this topic, I unfortunately lost my wee one at 10.5 wks but have just found out today that I am again pregnant I'm soo excited but so scared also. I love reading on here how well you are all doing, and used to enjoy coming on here so thought I would share my news. Take care.
Kelz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 8:59pm
That's awesome news Mountain! Congratulations!

*KirsT* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *KirsT* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 7:52pm
Congratulations Mountain, so happy for you :)
*KirsT* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *KirsT* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 7:57pm
Hi KatieB I am in Christchurch too and am thinking about going the water birth way. I have had a number of friends who have had them and raved about it. The only hospital I have seen is Burwood and I am not planning on birthing there. Where have you looked at already? I am a first timer so wasn't too sure what to expect anyway. I did find the rooms very sterile looking though. I got a more relaxed feeling in the room with the bath at Burwood though.
#KatieB# View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #KatieB# Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2012 at 7:36am
Hey KirsT! I have only seen the one at womans...that is where I am planning on birthing so was quite happy about it. Thing is, the rooms without the birthing pool have really flash beds that pretty much support your every position, but the rooms with the pools have really standard beds...what if you get there and try the pool and decide you dont like it?? Think there are only 2 rooms with pools at womans but they were much bigger then the standard rooms...argh...what to do what to do!!!
*KirsT* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *KirsT* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2012 at 5:45pm
I am planning on going to Womens too then the St Georges hopefully. I am seeing my midwife on Thursday so might ask her some more questions about it. I too have heard there are only 2 pools at womens so I guess its the luck of the draw. Have you got any other friends that have been there and used the pools? My friends were all at burwood and the bed in the pool suite was the same as the other rooms. Just a hard looking single bed?
*KirsT* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *KirsT* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2012 at 5:22pm
So asked my midwife about the rooms/beds at womens. She said the beds change all the time so a certain bed isn't guaranteed to a certain room. She also said when you commit to a birthing suite e.g. one with a bath, then that is where you stay. You might get lucky and have the room with a birthing pool and awesome bed :)
#KatieB# View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #KatieB# Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 6:58pm
OMG that would be awesome!! Have spoken to a few friends but none have had water births in Chch...one had one in Auck and said it was amazing but you just need to mind the floating poop at the end haha. Im sure I can deal with that...better than sitting in it I think!! Spose its good to have the option...but then, if Im just thinking about it, I think it would be horrible of me to take the room over someone who has known from day one that that is how they want to do it...hmmmm
jaylee113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaylee113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 7:30pm
Hello! I hope it's ok that I'm only joining now when it's so close to February! I am due with my first (a girl) on the 11th, and thought it would be nice to meet some other people going through the same as me at the same time :)
*KirsT* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *KirsT* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 8:06pm
I have had friends use the birthing pool for laboring then get out and birth on the bed? I don't think you need to worry about other people, it just comes down to luck on the day. My midwife seems to think it is highly unlikely they will all be full. Yea the floaties thing grosses me out a bit haha

Edited by *KirsT* - 21 December 2012 at 8:30pm
katgilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katgilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2013 at 6:53pm
Hi everyone
I'm new here and am due on 14th of February. I started suffering from PUPPPs about 3 weeks ago and it was a nightmare! The drs kept prescribing me steroid cream that made no difference but thanks to my midwife I have now been prescribed a good antihistamine that has almost taken away all the itching and spots. I was so miserable even more than when I was really sick during the first trimester. Has anyone else had a similar experience. I know it generally only happens in first pregnancies or multiple.
Anyway only 6 weeks now!! Thank goodness!
robs20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2013 at 8:49pm
Hey girls,
I'm due on Friday the 22nd. I think I read a few months ago that there is a Facebook group for us February mums. Would love to be a part of this if possible... Can someone fill me in on how I can get involved? Thanks so much.
phantom_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 7:23am
Hi new ladies. We are very active on FB & are popping like crazy lol. My name is Yvonne Carter if you can find me & add me to your friends then I can join you to the group. Just mention you are from here :)
8isplenty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8isplenty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 3:40pm
We had our baby girl on the Sunday 24th Feb, weighing 8'8..1 day before her due date at Whanagarei Hospital, with an Independant midwive (totally different to the original plan of birthcare Parnell) as we moved before Christmas. A quick speedy birth (delivered standing up!)we arrived at the hospital at 7pm and she was born at 7.47pm. Cord was wrapped around her neck and they cldnt get it off until after the birth so she was blue and floppy, however they got her engine running within a minute. I stayed for 4 hrs then headed home at 12.30am. We were all tucked away in our own beds again by 1.30am..which was terrific not having to be seperated from my other half.
We have named her Piper Saskia.
Johanna96904 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johanna96904 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 8:54pm
Congrats on your wee girl 8isplenty :)
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:30pm
TravelGal if you see this can you please update the TTC under 30 girls one your wee one. Hope everything went well!!
Thanks
Jade197693 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade197693 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2015 at 12:07pm
Hi all I'm new to this how did I join in the born feb 2013 group thanks jade x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454647