FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI need a anti-vaccinate Doctor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AndreaPollar140064 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreaPollar140064 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 10:32am
Hi Hannahs1
This is not true. It is a shame your views are still kicking around the internet since July 2012. Contrary to popular belief, the Hippocratic Oath is not required by most modern medical schools and the medical staff currently work within the boundarys of a code of ethics. Nowhere in this document is any direct reference to vaccinations.

Is it all Doctors you refer to that may know a wee bit more than you do, even the 'apathetic' ones? There are many health professionals who have chosen to not vaccinate or to vaccinate against only a couple of diseases or to vaccinate later than recommended. These are intelligent people who love their children. No mother that researches something fully before making a decision is a bad mother. Don't judge Hannah1, and make sure your decisions are as informed as you can so that the theory of herd population health doesn't make you have herd thinking.
Sponsored Links

sanddunes172341 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddunes172341 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 9:54am
Hi there, just stumbled upon this.

It is very sad to see such a strong wave of anti-vaccination support in New Zealand like this.

Anyone who considers anti-vaccination as a positive thing does indeed need look at the facts and also look at themselves. Often anti-vaccination comes from fear rather than facts ( mostly sub-concious rather than concious )

I know we all have a choice to do what is right by our own family, but anti-vaccination effects us all. Not only are you putting your own child at risk, you are also casting risk onto the rest of us. It is very short sighted and selfish.

If you do not agree with this, then it will be a large part of your daily thoughts I'm guessing. And if so, I'm sure you'll have time to read through a blog post such as this.
http://groundedparents.com/2015/01/24/9-things-i-wish-the-anti-vaccine-parents-would-admit/
( Points 1, 4, 5, 7, and 9 are very valid )

You owe it to yourself and the rest of us.

Thank you

ps:
Also have a look at this news article
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/9732648/Measles-myths-blamed-for-outbreaks
"...
There's still the myth that there's a problem with this [measles] vaccine," Immunisation Advisory Centre director of research Helen Petousis-Harris said.
"It's taken many, many years to reassure people that this isn't the case. It's not only about protecting yourself but the rest of the population as well, and it is a disease we can eradicate if we get the rates up high enough."
..."
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 12:01pm
Tell ya right now- "anti-vaccination" DOES NOT Come from fear. It comes from hours and hours of research and time by very intelligent people and mothers who want what is best for their childs health in the long term. It is not irresponsible to the rest of the world, as herd immunity does not work- its a myth- I know this because I have researched- and not stupid opinionated blog posts (I could pick those articles to pieces given the chance but on my lunchbreak and dont have the time right now.)but actual documents from medical journals, the data sheets themselves, talking to medical professionals etc and have not a single doubt in my mind that what im doing is the right thing. I wont go into how I made my mind up on this, but I will say I started out vaccinating and now I know what I know I will never let a vaccine near my child again.
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12