FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo sperm :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 6:32pm
How's things with you Jacq?
We saw fertility associates today and the dr said there was a three month wait for sperm donors! I was quite shocked and expected it to be longer. Of course I had just booked a week away with my sister for next year so we will prob put it off a few months if the wait is only 3 months, I still don't quite have my head around donor sperm so not quite ready to take that leap. Otherwise everything good for us, I have really good egg stores so fingers crossed unmedicated IUI is all we need! She said we prob won't qualify for funding (as I expected) so I hope it doesn't take us too long once we get going!
Sponsored Links

J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 9:50pm
Bat that is such positive news!! And three months is not to long at all.

I'm just waiting on AF to start my next cycle should be in te next few days but to be honest I'm struggling big time with the thought of doing it all again and getting a BFN. I dunno weather I'll go through with the cycle I can't handle the deverstation all over again.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:40pm
Wow bat that's so short!!! Yay. Good luck with your decision making. How come you won't get funding?

Jacq - I know that feeing you've got very well. It was exactly how this last cycle was for me. I wanted it done so I could just move on already. Went through the motions so to speak. Hope you feel better soon xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 8:02am
Aw Jacq, it's such a mind game, hugs Hun.

Because I have two children from a previous relationship under 12 BC. Not sure what we will do if iui doesn't work, Ivf is so expensive.

How are you feeling BC? What is the follow up like? Or are you under a midwife now?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 8:43am
Oh true sorry bat I'd forgotten about that.

Fingers crossed the iui works!

Feeling pretty good. Levels are rising well. Feel a bit yuck if I get too hungry and a lil tired but otherwise all is well. Still with FA until first scan then switch to midwife.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 8:55pm
Hey I'm just jumping in here, BC knows me but for the rest of you, I'm two days away from a very likely negative blood test from our second IVF, so we are at the end of our publicly funded road. I have PCOS although plenty of eggs and ovulate ok on clomid but don't respond very well to IVF meds. DH has low sperm count/motility, under a million, although we know for a fact it has been higher as one count put him at about 25 mill. We're now faced with trying to work out what to do next, we have a private IVF cycle booked in October but the way I am feeling now I don't want to pay $10k for a cycle that produces one embryo which is all I've gotten out of the last two. I had wondered about IUI, how is this going to work for you Batmobile with your DH's low count? Are you using frozen sperm?

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 12:20pm
Epic - IUI isn't an option with low sperm count I'm afraid - they need a 5 million + count. If you want to use donor sperm then you can go IUI. That's why we jumped straight from clomid to private IVM.

One thought though - why can't they keep freezing samples and combine them to get enough all up?
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 6:27pm
Mushroom that's exactly what I was thinking! I will ask...

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Nats-mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nats-mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 8:33pm
Hi epictraveller, hope you dont mind me sharing my recent experience - we just got pregnant with iui (due in dec) with 2million sperm through FA in chch. There is the option of producing 2 samples from your husband/partner on the iui day and they add them together. Something I have found really helpful was that I went in for iui on the 2nd surge day at midday, I didn't for 5 failed iuis (went in on 1st surge day but i reckon we missed egg cos by the time it was actually released the low motility swimmers had lost their puff!) for the 2 that worked I did. Just wanted to pass on some info to you :)
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 8:35pm
Hi epic, nice to have some more people in here (well nice for the company, sh*t you need to be here). That sounds like a really hard decision on what to do. My husband has zero sperm and we have discovered he has a genetic thing going on which accounts for that so they won't even try and suck them out with a needle so we have to use donor sperm which is from frozen. We are on the waiting list for donor sperm and at the moment they said it's about 3 months (but 12-18 months for single women or lesbian couples) and costs about $2.2-$2.5k a pop.
Good luck for your test epic!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 9:21pm
Hey guys, negative for me so will be definitely be trying for IUI I think. Thanks for that Nats Mum! What do you mean by second surge day though? I don't know much about IUI at all! Congrats on being pregnant though, that's awesome that it worked for you!

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 9:34pm
Oh bums epic :( sorry to hear that
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 10:41pm
Sorry to hear that epic- all the best for the next stage for you.
Nats-mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nats-mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2014 at 9:42am
Hi epic, they'll give you the smiley face ov prediction kits again and most clinics tell you to call when you get a smiley face and they book you in for your iui that day. Because the lh surge is over 2 days, I went for the iui on the 2nd smiley face day. I timed my iui for 30 hours after my first smiley face, even if egg was released it still has to travel down so swimmers can still meet the egg. Just my theory for cases with low sperm, im no expert though! In other countries iuis are down 36 hours after first surge so I kinda based my thoughts on that. It might have been coincidence but I had heaps of failed iuis on day 1 surge and 2 successful ones on day 2.
Hope that makes sense!
Oh just a side note, I never told the clinic it was my second surge day, I just pretended it was my first as I didn't want them to think I was second guessing their job!
Good luck and happy to answer any other questions when the time comes for you :)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2014 at 12:53pm
Interesting ideas nats mum. My four iui all failed and were all the day after I started surging. Mine were measured with bloodtests though.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2014 at 2:47pm
Thanks for that Nat's mum! And BC - are you saying that your experience backs this up or that you had yours on the second surge day?

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2014 at 3:25pm
Not sure epic! With mine they'd do bloods and when they detected the rise starting I'd go in the next day. But not sure if that was second day of surge. I'd usually get my ov pain the day of iui though.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789