New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Successful pregnancy achieved by low dose aspirin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSuccessful pregnancy achieved by low dose aspirin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Micheline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micheline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Successful pregnancy achieved by low dose aspirin
    Posted: 28 March 2014 at 2:09pm
I've been prescribed Cartia due to 3 consecutive early miscarriages. I have seen many posts on various forum boards of women admitting they too have been prescribed low dose asprin for their pregancy/pregnancies. What I can't seem to find is the follow up. Did these ladies finally achieve a pregnancy that produced a child that they were able to take home? So that's my question. If anyone reads this and happens to be someone who was prescribed low dose asprin/Cartia due to miscarrying, did you finally have a successful pregnancy? Thank You in advance
Sponsored Links

Tinkerbella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 3:39pm
Hi Micheline.

I'm on low dose aspirin and currently 6 weeks pregnant. Would love to hear from others who are further along.

Pretty nervous about the first trimester due to past history two miscarriages 4 weeks and 10 weeks
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 5:16pm
Hi, I was on 100mg (I think) of aspirin from 6 weeks pregnant til the day I gave birth. I have a healthy 8 month old baby :)
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 5:45pm
I am pregnant for the 4th time after 3 m/c. I am on aspirin (100mg) and progesterone. I am currently 11.5 weeks and so far everything is great. 12w scan tomorrow but found the heartbeat this morning with Doppler so all is still well. Never made it past 7 weeks before!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 6:07pm
Oh yay NZveggie! Congrats!
Tinkerbella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 7:22pm
Great news ladies.

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 8:41pm
Thanks south kiwi!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
Micheline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micheline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2014 at 10:26pm
Hello, great to see some follow-ups and success stories. I'm 9 weeks pregnant finally, after 3 early miscsrriages as I may have already mentioned. I am on Cartia/low dose aspirin once a day and I believe I'm to keep taking it indefinitely. I am also on 400mg progesterone/Utrogestan a day until end of first trimester. It hasn't sunk in yet and I'm not allowing myself to be excited yet but I look forward to that day.
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2014 at 8:22am
Hi Micheline and congrats! My sister is on aspirin for life, she is pregnant with her 3rd and on clexane injection and then aspirin once baby is born. I was on aspirin then clexane for 6 weeks after giving birth.
Hope all goes well!
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2014 at 9:48am
Seems to have workd for micheline - had my 12w on Friday and all was perfect!!!
I've stoped the progesterone messaries (yay) and still on aspirin until 36 weeks I think!

Keep us updated and I hope it works for you too.

Baby girl born 26/06/15
 Post Reply Post Reply