FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gerne142851 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerne142851 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New pregnancy
    Posted: 17 April 2014 at 12:17pm
Good afternoon! I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant, it was quite a shock to us as we got pregannt with both our first kids via infertility treatment.

This is my first pregnancy in NZ so I would love some advice please. Do I have to go to my GP now? When or whom will do a scan? Im really not sure how NZ doctors work.

Because I cannot even remember when last I had a cycle (due to PCOS I dont have regular cycles) I dont even know how far along I am now which is frustrating... I want to know how big my babylove is now. And when is he/she due etc.

Any advice would we so appreciated.

Thanks you!
Sponsored Links

animaxnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animaxnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2014 at 5:53pm
Hi Gerne.

You can choose to go to your gp or you can book in with a midwife in your area. They will send you for standard blood tests and let you know about the process in NZ. Scans are not normally offered until 12 weeks but as you do not know your dates they will most likely organise a dating scan for you which you may or may not have to pay for. Scans are usually done at your local hospital or radiology clinic. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Post Reply Post Reply