FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbaby not happy unless held and walked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
annaharrison125430 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annaharrison125430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2014 at 9:50am
Both our babies had the same symptoms as you described Mushroom. With regards to them falling asleep and then waking again over and over. I found it really frustrating with my first child as I thought it was just a problem with how I settled him. The midwife and family friends would put him down, watch his eyes close and then leave thinking they had done the trick only for him to wake up as soon as they left. Leaving me with a crying upset baby for the next 4 hours.   I also found that even though the midwives weren't interested in diagnosing a problem the doctors were quick to say that excess crying wasn't normal and we had no problem getting medication once we were able to give clear descriptions about what was going on. We also found 'older' people all had stories of babies that cried a lot and they were happy to say it was 'normal' and just something you were unlucky to live with.
Sponsored Links

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2014 at 10:35am
Originally posted by annaharrison125430 annaharrison125430 wrote:

Hi, thanks. I have now got her on losac which has made a huge difference. Her waking times are now happy ones. Massive improvement. I was embarrassed to have two babies with the same problems, made me think I was just imagining the symptoms. But having a baby that is now happy to be placed on her back and happy to be put down for a nap is like heaven. I'm pleased we got onto it earlier this time.

Anna - sounds like you've done great! We too noticed the huge difference it made - amazing when you get your happy child back :)
Don't feel embarrassed to have two children the same - there is def a genetic factor in it all, as well as random chance. I'll definitely be on the watch for it again if we are lucky enough ever to have another child :)
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12